St Johnstone vs Dundee United - 5 February 2022

8 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Or rather playing with inferior quality players is ruining Akinola.

Not for me. Looks like a really limited footballer to me. Strong and hold a ball up but thats it.

Anyway whilst i could go off on our entire front 6 (Watt probably fine) again I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say I have no earthly idea what our tactics are.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee United would improve if Watt and Pawlett tried instead of just falling down whenever they got the ball, tbqh.

We're still not there but performances are definitely improving to the point where you can have some hope. We'll probably collapse now and lose 3-0 but meh, it's nice to have glimmers of hope.

Had to stay upright when continually hacked by brutal hammer throwers though.

Hacking is the one thing Saints excell at.

22 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

We must be the only team in world football who dont put any crosses into the box in open play

We put 2 in in the last 30s, after opting not to from a free kick that we worked all the way back into our own half first.

Both were dreadful, so maybe Tam has a point

Hallberg off and suspended, Ciftci injured, Bair still not cleared and CD unwilling to start Mahon, Hector-Ingraham, Sang or Gallacher.

All the attention on the January window increasingly looks pointless. Players can't influence results if they can't play or the manager won't pick them. 

Disregarding players who were with us previously, only one of the many January window signings is currently on the pitch (Cleary). 

Edited by Sainthearted

1 minute ago, Sainthearted said:

Hallberg off and suspended, Ciftci injured, Bair still not cleared and CD unwilling to start Mahon, Hector-Ingraham, Sang or Gallacher.

All the attention on the January window increasingly looks pointless. Players can't influence results if they can't play or the manager won't pick them. 

This is the key for me - even noting Gallacher was poor against Kelty.