St Johnstone vs Dundee United - 5 February 2022

45 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's not ridiculous to charge less for an inferior product (shitty stream) versus actually attending the game. 

The prices were set when there were doubts non season ticket holding fans could attent games.

Edited by RandomGuy.

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

They need the cash for their bid to bounce straight back up next season...

We've got £6m+ in the bank m8, a few wee cheapskate United fans refusing to watch the game down to "principle" will make literally no difference.

I've no idea what opposition fans think anyone cares what price they'd think is acceptable.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We've got £6m+ in the bank m8, a few wee cheapskate United fans refusing to watch the game down to "principle" will make literally no difference.

I've no idea what opposition fans think anyone cares what price they'd think is acceptable.

More fool you for seeking to justify it on the internet then. If you're not interested just ignore it.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

By the same token then, why does any St Johnstone fan think anyone cares what they say?

Its an opinion, its a comparison to ALL other clubs, who set their prices all at the same point. I'm not able to get to the game today, PPV or not. I have, over the last couple of years spent more with other clubs due to PPV than I would under normal circumstances. I don't expect it to make a difference, but it doesn't mean that in a match thread when it is brought up, that it is out of bounds to discuss it prior to the match starting. Never understand fans who think that any opinions not in agreement with their club is some how a personal dig.

Edited by Tannadeechee

11 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

By the same token then, why does any St Johnstone fan think anyone cares what they say?

Nobody does. I merely explained the pricing to United fans for about the 5th time since PPV started.

Do Utd still have the brigadoon guy presenting their ppv?

”ooo hoots min, michty me it should be a braw game the day Sean do ye ken?”

That was my first experience of ppv football on the first day of last season, I’d been looking forward to the novelty of it up to that point.

It was around then I realised that the global pandemic might be a bit shite.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Do Utd still have the brigadoon guy presenting their ppv?

”ooo hoots min, michty me it should be a braw game the day Sean do ye ken?”

That was my first experience of ppv football on the first day of last season, I’d been looking forward to the novelty of it up to that point.

It was around then I realised that the global pandemic might be a bit shite.

Not sure who presents it, I do know our commentary team are highly rated...

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nobody does. I merely explained the pricing to United fans for about the 5th time since PPV started.

Nobody gives a fuck about your explanation, mate. It may be fascinating to you but if you're having to repeat yourself for the 5th time it should be apparent that no one else cares about the supposed rationale.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Nobody gives a fuck about your explanation, mate. It may be fascinating to you but if you're having to repeat yourself for the 5th time it should be apparent that no one else cares about the supposed rationale.

Someone asked why the price was so high and I explained it. Quite why you've thrown a wee strop about it is beyond me tbh, but it's great to read. Please continue. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You didn't need too. You could have ignored it, but be fair you really don't ignore anything.

It is, along with Livi, a bit steep. Nothing to do with not being able to afford it, and not on "principle", it is still a valid topic when it is brought up on a match day thread hours before the game, we can discuss it. The reasons have be given, it is different to all other clubs (Livi excepted), your not correcting any facts as no-one is disputing the reasons.

Anyway we've discussed it, we've said our opinion, I'm sure as you don't care about it, you won't need to add to it and we can get back to discussing the game, which we'll all watch (or not) however we want