Mighty Mo vs The Sons

37 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Would any of the Montrose fans care to comment on the seethe at the end? Was it just because we had run the clock down and things and the frustration getting the better of you? As I said previously, the ref had a decent game in my opinion.

If by "running the clock down" you are using a euphanism for appalling time wasting tactics for the entire second half, then your question has to be answered by a "yes".  Interesting that you think the ref had a "decent game".  How could he have had anything but a "decent game" when all he had to do was keep a tally of the time to be added on?

Much of the condemnation for Dumbo's tactics arises because this is the second time this season that all they have brought to the table is time wasting and referee conning.   Continual breaking up the playing of any football is clearly a legitimate tactic but it has no entertainment  value and all Dumbo players deserve all the condemnation heaped on them.

They must provide the least entertainment to their fans of any team in League 1.

5 minutes ago, MO7S said:

If by "running the clock down" you are using a euphanism for appalling time wasting tactics for the entire second half, then your question has to be answered by a "yes".  Interesting that you think the ref had a "decent game".  How could he have had anything but a "decent game" when all he had to do was keep a tally of the time to be added on?

Much of the condemnation for Dumbo's tactics arises because this is the second time this season that all they have brought to the table is time wasting and referee conning.   Continual breaking up the playing of any football is clearly a legitimate tactic but it has no entertainment  value and all Dumbo players deserve all the condemnation heaped on them.

They must provide the least entertainment to their fans of any team in League 1.

Trust me, compared to last season we're like the Harlem Globetrotters. In fact there have been 79 goals in our games so far this season. If goals = entertainment then we're arguably one of the most entertaining teams in the league. 

You also say it's the second time this season that all Sons have brought to Links Park is timewasting and referee conning. That might be all we've brought, but we've also left with four points. So it's clearly effective. Even if it's not easy on the eye.

40 minutes ago, mo83 said:

A think with the foul especially for me if he made an attempt to go for the ball and missed then fair enough but it was just a blatant kick out at the player have seen red giving for that in the past.Both should have walked in my opinion but so so we move on.

Dumbarton to be fair are a dogged team, well drilled when they place us certainly have been the last twice at LP.

That's the thing though. Your use of language is incorrect. He didn't "kick out" he tripped a player and "took one for the team," so to speak. Very common kind of foul to concede and always a yellow card. What the Montrose player done in retaliation was the perfect example of someone "kicking out".

We were dreadful to watch in the 2nd half today. We have been like that a few occasions this season and it isn't pretty. The main difference today was that it gained us a point when for a solid 3 months of the season we were playing every week and getting nothing, despite often looking a fair bit better than we did today.

33 minutes ago, MO7S said:

An angry bunch you guys are. I've openly admitted that it frustrates me the time wasting we have done this season. Sam Ramsbottom is the world's worst and if you ask anyone who sits near me at the games, I've verbally had a go at him on numerous occasions for doing it. Wright wasn't much better today but we weren't in the game so I understand why he done it, even if I don't like it.

In what way is it "interesting"? I've yet to be given an example of how he was poor. The clock ran until about 98 mins so I think he done a fair job of adding on the time you mention.

When did we con the referee? Your guys were fair throwing themselves about today. Yes we may have wasted a few seconds in the dying minutes taking a bit longer to get to our feet etc. But if you weren't in the game and we were in control of possession, playing away from home to a better team... you'd do exactly the same thing!

Away and have a beer and put your feet up 😀

Edited by squeezebox-son

Trust me, compared to last season we're like the Harlem Globetrotters. In fact there have been 79 goals in our games so far this season. If goals = entertainment then we're arguably one of the most entertaining teams in the league. 
You also say it's the second time this season that all Sons have brought to Links Park is timewasting and referee conning. That might be all we've brought, but we've also left with four points. So it's clearly effective. Even if it's not easy on the eye.
I hadn't realised there had been that many goals in our games. For reference, there were 38 goals in our 22 games last season. There have been, more or less, double the amount this season.

37 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

That's the thing though. Your use of language is incorrect. He didn't "kick out" he tripped a player and "took one for the team," so to speak. Very common kind of foul to concede and always a yellow card. What the Montrose player done in retaliation was the perfect example of someone "kicking out".

We were dreadful to watch in the 2nd half today. We have been like that a few occasions this season and it isn't pretty. The main difference today was that it gained us a point when for a solid 3 months of the season we were playing every week and getting nothing, despite often looking a fair bit better than we did today.

"Your use of language" Aye nae bother bud.We are both seeing the incident in a different manner that's football for you...We move on 😉

1 hour ago, MO7S said:

Delicious.

As already stated, a very frustrating afternoon for us given the waste of opportunity by us and the antics of the opposition. A terrible goal for us to lose, we had numerous chances to clear the ball but screwed up every time. The time wasting was annoying and for the referee to make no attempt to even warn the culprits was frustrating.  The red card incident was spot. Watson bursting through midfield then to be sythed down. The ref was correct but it's the laws of the game that are wrong. A foul like that "taking one for the team" should be a straight red. For such a big unit, it didn't take much for the big striker to go down. He was lying in the box as if he had been hit by a sniper, got up and scored, ran around taking the acclaim then started limping again.

Anyway, we move on to Airdrie next week. A venue where we have a pretty good record. Looks like a match to see who comes second and third.

Fair play to some of the Dumbarton fans being magnanimous about their second half tactics today - they are a part and parcel of the game whether people like them or not. I said after the first game at LP that they weren't much fun to watch and were a more limited footballing side than us (still stand by that bit), but they found a way to get a result and that's what counts. Only ourselves to blame for not putting the game away when the chances came - Lyons certainly should have buried his, Webster likewise. Far too much poor decision making in the passing department today to have any complaints, ultimately.

I think the 'seethe' at the end is just part of the white heat of a real-time football game TBH - in the cold light of day, both decisions are probably right and those gripes were just pure frustration at our own deficiencies. 

Airdrie next Saturday has probably tipped into 'must win' now for any shot of catching Cove. Will have to play much, much better to get anything down there.

Edited by Scorge

The Dumbarton Physio was the best on the pitch......on it so often thought they had 12 players......what a job to get all the soooooooo badly injured players up and running again. 

Referee and stand side Lino were pathetic, not for the first time this season at Links Park. 

9 minutes ago, montrose07 said:

The Dumbarton Physio was the best on the pitch......on it so often thought they had 12 players......what a job to get all the soooooooo badly injured players up and running again. 

Referee and stand side Lino were pathetic, not for the first time this season at Links Park. 

😂 terrible chat...

In what way were they pathetic? Is it possible that you guys are the issue in this and your perception of the game, getting caught up in the heat of it all?

33 minutes ago, montrose07 said:

This post makes the 3 hour journey to steal a point all the more worthwhile.

Thank you x 

14 hours ago, MO7S said:

What was the score again?