Queen's Park 1 Dumbarton 1

There’s no doubt that Queens Park are a better team than us, a point was there for us today though.
I honestly didn't think they were that great. They were absolutely there for the taking tonight.

I'm feeling much more hopeful about our survival chances this season after the last few weeks.

We just need to start making these chances count and get the ball in the back of the net.

I thought the referee had a pretty good game tonight aswell. Although I think Bob McHugh was lucky to get away with just a booking. Touched the ball on 3 separate occasions in a row preventing us taking the free kick and then pushes over Buchanan. Should have been a double yellow imo.

5 minutes ago, super-son said:

I honestly didn't think they were that great. They were absolutely there for the taking tonight.

I'm feeling much more hopeful about our survival chances this season after the last few weeks.

We just need to start making these chances count and get the ball in the back of the net.

I thought the referee had a pretty good game tonight aswell. Although I think Bob McHugh was lucky to get away with just a booking. Touched the ball on 3 separate occasions in a row preventing us taking the free kick and then pushes over Buchanan. Should have been a double yellow imo.

The ref allowing us to take an offside free kick from inside their half was a bit of a riddy though

4 minutes ago, the snudge said:

The ref allowing us to take an offside free kick from inside their half was a bit of a riddy though

He is right tho. The player came back from an offside position and touched the ball in his own half. Free kick is taken from where he touched it. As daft as it is  that just so happened to be in our half

Just now, super-son said:

Can't believe how many fans still spit feathers over offsides correctly taken from the opponent's half.

That rule has been around for years now!

Watching the stream with my brother (there was no way I was paying £15 myself to watch it!). As soon as it happened I said to him to listen for the moans from the fans and right enough...

On the stream, it was fine but the camera was a bit erratic and behind play far too much. The replays were fair enough but between the camera work and the distorted, overexcited commentary I don't reckon it was worth £15.

2 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

To paraphrase reality, Queens Park scored two goals to our one and defended better than we did.  Everything else is opinion.

I don’t think they had to defend well because we shot ourselves in the foot every time we got in a good position.

They looked bang average IMO. Don’t think they have a chance of going up.

Just now, FifeSons said:

I don’t think they had to defend well because we shot ourselves in the foot every time we got in a good position.

They looked bang average IMO. Don’t think they have a chance of going up.

I'd agree with that more or less. There was nothing between the sides apart from the last 10 minutes the depth of their squad was evident. They brought on fresh legs that made a difference and they looked a bit sharper up until the end. But quality wise there was absolutely nothing in it, 1 (2) bad mistake(s) being the only difference.

They won't go up in that kind of form, even though they have, on paper, a decent squad.

We've played worse this season and won. 

I honestly don't feel too downhearted by any aspect of that performance, horrendous second goal aside. If we can replicate that sort of showing in the next three games then we should have a decent haul of points to show for it. Those will define our season. Anything tonight was really a bonus.

Well done to Queen's. They didn't blow us away as they did earlier in the season, and I felt they were quite easily bullied at times. But they are capable of knocking the ball about in a really impressive way when they want to. They are maybe just a wee bit too nice and too naive compared to Airdrie, Cove and Montrose. But a good team nonetheless.

Hopefully we'll have Ross MacLean back on Saturday and can start climbing away from danger of the rest of the month. Since the Falkirk embarrassment we've produced a series of good performances and I'm hopeful they'll be built on with points against the teams around us.

Couldn’t care less whether we deserved the win or not (we did just about), all tonight was about was getting 3 points and thankfully we did so. Started off well and thought we’d kick on from Longstaff’s opener but we let Dumbarton take up dangerous areas of the pitch afterwards. However, I never really felt they looked like scoring, or at least from open play until a stupid handball from Thompson allowed them back in. We Huffed and puffed with little quality until longstaff’s second of the game. Very Pleased for Longstaff, I personally haven’t been too impressed with him this season but the past 3-4 weeks I feel like he’s slowly adapting to 1st team football and maybe the belief Beuker has shown in him will do him wonders going forward. 

2nd half we never really looked like conceding and we remained resolute which was the most pleasing aspect for me tonight. Too many times we’ve tried to play pretty and it’s backfired on us spectacularly. You need to win ugly to be successful in this league and tonight was the rare occasion we’ve done that. 

Dumbarton are all a bit meh. Big striker looked handy with the ball at his feet but didn’t really look great in the air for a guy of his size, whilst both full backs looked out of sorts. Can see them finishing in the bottom 2 come the end of the season 

Brutal viewing but great result. Sets up the cove game nicely on Saturday

Edited by qpfc

Thought there was nothing in that tonight really. Queen’s Park were murder, not a chance going up playing like that. They had good energy in midfield at times but other than that were a team of hammer throwers. Not sure if the number 19 had seen a football before tonight. Wow.

Disappointing to get level deservedly and then such a poor goal for the winning one

Thought we played quite well without being amazing far from it but queens looked a bit of a rabble and I’d expect them to get battered in a playoff

whether that’s their usual quality or not who knows but for some of their players to be on four figures plus a week I’d be expecting much more if I was a fan of theirs

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Couldn’t care less whether we deserved the win or not (we did just about), all tonight was about was getting 3 points and thankfully we did so. Started off well and thought we’d kick on from Longstaff’s opener but we let Dumbarton take up dangerous areas of the pitch afterwards. However, I never really felt they looked like scoring, or at least from open play until a stupid handball from Thompson allowed them back in. We Huffed and puffed with little quality until longstaff’s second of the game. Very Pleased for Longstaff, I personally haven’t been too impressed with him this season but the past 3-4 weeks I feel like he’s slowly adapting to 1st team football and maybe the belief Beuker has shown in him will do him wonders going forward. 

2nd half we never really looked like conceding and we remained resolute which was the most pleasing aspect for me tonight. Too many times we’ve tried to play pretty and it’s backfired on us spectacularly. You need to win ugly to be successful in this league and tonight was the rare occasion we’ve done that. 

Dumbarton are all a bit meh. Big striker looked handy with the ball at his feet but didn’t really look great in the air for a guy of his size, whilst both full backs looked out of sorts. Can see them finishing in the bottom 2 come the end of the season 

Brutal viewing but great result. Sets up the cove game nicely on Saturday

That's a fair point. Worth mentioning though that Carlo (our RB) has comfortably been our best player this season, but wasn't at his best really tonight. Boyle on the other side... he's finished.

4 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

Thought there was nothing in that tonight really. Queen’s Park were murder, not a chance going up playing like that. They had good energy in midfield at times but other than that were a team of hammer throwers. Not sure if the number 19 had seen a football before tonight. Wow.

Disappointing to get level deservedly and then such a poor goal for the winning one

Thought we played quite well without being amazing far from it but queens looked a bit of a rabble and I’d expect them to get battered in a playoff

whether that’s their usual quality or not who knows but for some of their players to be on four figures plus a week I’d be expecting much more if I was a fan of theirs

I don't really have much to add to what other people have already said (don't think we were anywhere near good enough tonight, but still the better side overall). Just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of the bitterness and seethe in this post though, it's excellent.

12 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

So who exactly that played tonight in the qp lineup are getting paid 4 figures by the club? 🤣🤣

Edited by qpfc