The Ayrshire derby

4 minutes ago, killie paninaro said:

As the noise levels disappear into the open air ,  Supporters like it as its old school.  At least at rugby park the noise generated is far louder. 😉

Well done on booing very loudly..

1 hour ago, killie paninaro said:

atmosphere at Somerset is shite 

I'd rather stand than have to sit with my knees touching my chin. That's how bad I remember the seating being in 2009 with the hand of Prunty game.

Also don't recall it being very comfortable when I've taken in a Junior Cup final either.

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, killie paninaro said:
atmosphere at Somerset is shite 

If that's the case why do loads of away supporters state they love an Ayr United away day?

The atmosphere in that wee shed thing behind the goal is actually quite good, however from a viewing perspective, ie. being able to watch the whole game rather than what is happening right in front of you, it's pish. The North Terrace may be a different matter, but again you're exposed to the elements there.

It's an old school ground which is a throwback to bygone times and I can see why many people enjoy the one off experience, but not for me I'm afraid.

Now if RP had more standing areas that would tick most of the boxes, especially as the leg room is shite.

The atmosphere in that wee shed thing behind the goal is actually quite good, however from a viewing perspective, ie. being able to watch the whole game rather than what is happening right in front of you, it's pish. The North Terrace may be a different matter, but again you're exposed to the elements there.
It's an old school ground which is a throwback to bygone times and I can see why many people enjoy the one off experience, but not for me I'm afraid.
Now if RP had more standing areas that would tick most of the boxes, especially as the leg room is shite.
Fair comment, if thet ever do redevelop Somerset I hope they leave an good portion standing.

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bobby Madden the ref.

Madden is one of the better ones tbh.

At least the players can approach him. He also doesn't mind giving as good as he takes which he's done in the past with our fans in the East Stand.