Aberdeen v Celtic

58 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Now the day is upon us, I genuinely don't think tonight will be as bad as I'd feared all week. 

I expect a spirited performance with an inevitable late collapse. 

1-2 the away side. I don't think it's feasible that they can keep up their intensity every match. 

They don't need intensity. Just an attack or two should do it. 

We may well score but i can genuinely see 5+ going in our net. 

Can we just get this over with

1 hour ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Now the day is upon us, I genuinely don't think tonight will be as bad as I'd feared all week. 

1-2 the away side. I don't think it's feasible that they can keep up their intensity every match. 

I don't think they'll have to be particularly intense against us.

Hope I'm wrong and we give them a game, but I fear the worst.

2 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Id tend to agree with the intensity part but with the new ruling the have the option of subbing half of their outfield players if they are lacking in intensity.

9 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Yeah. 

Which is why it's all the more baffling it was agreed to. 

You're surprised that a rule change that would benefit the two teams with the largest and most expensively assembled squads was approved?  Welcome to Scotland, sir, I presume this is your first visit?

Edited by Game of throw-ins

4 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

You're surprised that a rule change that would benefit the two teams with the largest and most expensively assembled squads was approved?  Welcome to Scotland, sir, I presume this is your first visit?

It was voted on by all the clubs. 

Not sure the 5 subs rule necessarily benefits bigger squads more. I understood it was to cope with fixture congestion (and resulting fatigue) and players having enforced absences (so being less than match fit). If you've a squad of 25 with 16-17 starters then your starting lineup is going to be much less flexible than a 35 man squad with 20 odd potential starters. 

If you've four games in 10 days a big squad can pretty much have 2 teams playing two games each. A small squad will have 7-11 players that need to start each game so not running them into the ground will help. 

When they're actually needed i'd say the relative benefit is greater for small squads. 

If Celtic have tired players they just won't start, irrespective how many subs they have. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was voted on by all the clubs. 

My observation was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it would be naive to assume that something accepted by other clubs in Scottish football might not be intended to suit two.  The inception of the 11-1 rule is just one example and I'm sure any historian of the Scottish game could produce others. 

Edited by Game of throw-ins

Should be a good laugh tonight. Broonie saving himself for rangers in a few weeks. Aberdeen fans love it as well. Its pure gold. Footballing mastermind big ange at the summit. Im sure the whole of europe is holding their breath. 

Hopefully glass and ange meet beforehand to negotiate a reasonable score line to send Celtic back down the road happy on their way to a league title. 

I just hope ange realises that at this point our goal difference is important to us so a gentleman’s 2-1 would be appreciated. 

However, we will be guided by the hoops. 

52 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Just been into the ticket office to get my tickets. Loads of Celtic fans phoning the ticket office to try and get tickets and being turned away. Glorious. 

I'm enjoying looking at Celtic fans on twitter moaning about the allocation. If it was up to me I would give them the same they give us (800 tickets) and build a pillar so their fans has a restricted view seat.  

Edited by betting competition

19 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I'm enjoying looking at Celtic fans on twitter moaning about the allocation. If it was up to me I would give them the same they give us (800 tickets) and build a pillar so their fans has a restricted view seat.  

Your being kind. Last visit there as well as the pillar I had no seat. Just the seat back. 

31 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I got stuck in the away end when STs were moved because of Covid restrictions earlier in the season.  No additional pillars needed, the view was rubbish.