Celtic v Dundee

It wasn’t a matter of how many today it was a matter of getting 3 points to go further ahead. We aren’t going to play well in every game but so long as we win them then I’m happy
They are slagging them for being ungracious winners.

Nothing wrong with celebrating but certain posters seem more interested in the fact that Dundee lost than Celtic won.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Nothing wrong with celebrating but certain posters seem more interested in the fact that Dundee lost than Celtic won.

Which posters? 

5 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I agree with the Dundee fans. Sellick were pish today.

That’s why you’re getting relegated though, lads.

What a ridiculous comment. Scored two into you and their budget will be minuscule in comparison and you think their season is going to be measured on how they do against you? Bizarre old firm fans out of touch with the game.  If anything the result will spur Dundee on to future success. 

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Is being ungracious winners better or worse than being called out for actually having to work on a Sunday instead of being at Parkhead, be called a glory hunter, be told you have likely never seen the inside of a church or that because you live in Lanarkshire you are impoverished? 

How gracious would you expect me to be when dealing with the above? 🙂 

Onto football - we were poor especially at the back. To concede 2 from 2 shots at goal and from 2 set pieces is a worry as it was always a weak point that we seemingly had ironed out but has started to be an issue again in recent games however I am both happy and relieved to win the game especially not playing at our best. To be in a habit of not dropping points whilst Rangers are doing the reverse is a positive as it’s a complete 180 from last year

1 minute ago, Ill Ray said:

What a ridiculous comment. Scored two into you and their budget will be minuscule in comparison and you think their season is going to be measured on how they do against you? Bizarre old firm fans out of touch with the game.  If anything the result will spur Dundee on to future success. 

No. We were pish and you couldn’t hold on for a point.
 So a point against us wouldn’t have been important for you today? You’re not bottom because of how you do against us, mate. You’re bottom because you’re shit.

3 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

So a point against us wouldn’t have been important for you today? You’re not bottom because of how you do against us, mate. You’re bottom because you’re shit.

He's clearly a Motherwell fan m9.

1 minute ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I’m no even a Dundee fan, I’m just a Motherwell supporter here for the the McGhee content. The point is even Celtic having a bad day is still enough to oversee the smaller clubs due to the substantial financial advantages so there’s no point in pinpointing Dundee being unable to beat them as a reason why they could go down. It’s an absolutely foolish statement. 

Just now, Ill Ray said:

I’m no even a Dundee fan, I’m just a Motherwell supporter here for the the McGhee content. The point is even Celtic having a bad day is still enough to oversee the smaller clubs due to the substantial financial advantages so there’s no point in pinpointing Dundee being unable to beat them as a reason why they could go down. It’s an absolutely foolish statement. 

My apologies. I would never knowingly call anyone a Dundee fan. I disagree though. When Celtic, or Rangers for that matter, are poor and you are in the lead against them - or able to get a point at least and you don’t - this will not help your prospects of staying in the division. Every point is precious down there.

3 hours ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

MCGHEE - 'CALLING ME UNDERWHELMING IS RIDICULOUS'

A furious Mark McGhee has slammed any accusation that his appointment is disappointing to Dundee fans.

Ach see to be fair, I thought it was a bit shite to ask a valid question in that way.

That said, McGhee did then go on to prove the point by listing his achievements ranging between 14 and 29 years ago. 

Is being ungracious winners better or worse than being called out for actually having to work on a Sunday instead of being at Parkhead, be called a glory hunter, be told you have likely never seen the inside of a church or that because you live in Lanarkshire you are impoverished? 
How gracious would you expect me to be when dealing with the above? [emoji846] 

Onto football - we were poor especially at the back. To concede 2 from 2 shots at goal and from 2 set pieces is a worry as it was always a weak point that we seemingly had ironed out but has started to be an issue again in recent games however I am both happy and relieved to win the game especially not playing at our best. To be in a habit of not dropping points whilst Rangers are doing the reverse is a positive as it’s a complete 180 from last year

All of which happened after you being ungracious.

I also did withdraw the comment regards church-going which was a bit naughty of me.

Glad to see you are honest enough about your team's performance which will be concerning if repeated. 2 points is nothing at this stage.

The one thing in Celtic's favour is likely to be Rangers progressing in Europe and Celtic going out. Hard Thursday matches for them followed by a league matches on a Sunday will be hard to sustain.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

All of which happened after you being ungracious.

I also did withdraw the comment regards church-going which was a bit naughty of me.

Glad to see you are honest enough about your team's performance which will be concerning if repeated. 2 points is nothing at this stage.

The one thing in Celtic's favour is likely to be Rangers progressing in Europe and Celtic going out. Hard Thursday matches for them followed by a league matches on a Sunday will be hard to sustain.

Many of our poorer performances this year have come on the back of a tough European match so there is a benefit if we do go out. I’d much rather see us go through of course however also churlish to suggest we wouldn’t benefit if Rangers go through and we don’t.

I’m not overly concerned by today however  our performances since coming back from the break have generally been superb, it’s just since the Rangers game we have seen the intensity and aggression drop a little but we keep winning which is the most important thing.

We also have Kyogo and DT to come back which also gives reason for optimism. The acid test for us is Livi away on the 6th