Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm not sure how reliable this guy is.  I follow him on Twitter, I'm not sure he's a neutral commentator.  The guy is very allied to the Iranian regime, who in turn are allied to Russia.  

BBC now carrying the "Russia will end this war" quotes.

I really don’t think it’s all that unreasonable to ask that people don’t post highly graphic images without warning, tbh. 
Absolutely, and Mr. Dick fingers added a spoiler warning. Conversely, there's no need for anyone, especially someone who hadn't even contributed to the thread prior to their pearl - clutching, to go all Mother Theresa / Mary Whitehouse shitebaggery.

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think it's the face they have a problem with.

Nope, they have a problem with reality.

The fact that something is happening doesn't mean it has to be posted in gory detail on a website which, let's face it, is mainly an opportunity for folk to have a bit of a step away from their daily life. Murder, rape and child sex offences are reality as well, but I don't think anyone would be keen on that particular reality being plastered all over a thread either.

It's not achieving anything either, I doubt people reading this thread are thinking "oh aye, war sounds fun" and then suddenly come to a realisation that it's a bad thing once they see some horrific pictures being posted.

The fact that something is happening doesn't mean it has to be posted in gory detail on a website which, let's face it, is mainly an opportunity for folk to have a bit of a step away from their daily life. Murder, rape and child sex offences are reality as well, but I don't think anyone would be keen on that particular reality being plastered all over a thread either.
It's not achieving anything either, I doubt people reading this thread are thinking "oh aye, war sounds fun" and then suddenly come to a realisation that it's a bad thing once they see some horrific pictures being posted.
I'll say it again Craig....... Your sanctimony knows no bounds.

44 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Russia - "Bbbut it's not our fault we destroyed the world with nuclear weapons. A woman in Britain said bad things about us"

What a load of pish by the Russians (lapped up by some on here). Nothing they do is ever their fault.

Most governments are the same, though.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Absolutely, and Mr. Dick fingers added a spoiler warning. Conversely, there's no need for anyone, especially someone who hadn't even contributed to the thread prior to their pearl - clutching, to go all Mother Theresa / Mary Whitehouse shitebaggery.

TBH I didn't even consider the pic would offend anyone as it looks like a bloke with tea towels over his knees. I posted it to point out the weapons used were not thermobaric.

But personally if I was offended by the slightest sight of blood I'd probably not sit down with a bowl of soup to read a thread about war.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

The UK should be kicked out as well for illegally occupying Syria and assisting the Saudis and UAE in Yemen if you are being consistent. 

The UK doesn't enter a team for the World Cup.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Football isnt even secondary in all of this but since its being discussed heres my own thoughts. Over the last few weeks the Ukrainian people have shown themselves to be hard as nails. The most utterly disrespectful thing that Scotland could do is when this game can be played lie down to them or give them the tie. Also though this will likely be the first international sporting event post invasion for them, they’ll be out to say something and have the support of most of the world in doing that. They’ve got not a bad side and would have a decent chance before you even consider these things, I think Scotland could be on to a spanking. Anyway, we should welcome the Ukrainian team and its fans warmly, to paraphrase Neil Warnock, we should enjoy it, the occasion, but we should enjoy it by being fucking disciplined. 

Wont happen, these people are bankrolling the tory party right now. Its fucking stupendous how much influence the russians have. I genuinely believe based on articles from former intelligence agency staff etc that the UK’s allies now withhold intelligence from the UK because of how much of a risk our government is due to its links with the Russians. That in itself is absolutely fucking shameful, in some countries that would see the people mobilise and kick these fuckers out, but they wont, you might get a jaunty sign about someone being a ‘bawbag’ do the rounds on Scottish twitter (and cringe reading it). But really we actually need to address the massive influence a foreign power has over our own country. Its linked in with out financial sector, our energy companies etc so beholden to corporate greed they bow down and do nothing to challenge the shite from Russia and Saudi companies because we need what they give us and the fat cats need the money. Its fucking disgusting.  

A figure that is now appearing regularly in BBC , ITV etc, is Defence Minister, James Heappey. 

He's my local MP.  As at a couple of years ago, he was accepting monies from Saudi Arabia ( 'consultancy fees ').

Been reading this thread over the last few hours with my 3yo, who is the highest grader in her Kindergarten. 

She commented on the @TommyDickFingers twitter link, as a disgusting but understandable part of war, which should have been within the hidden quote, which is an easy function to use.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Been reading this thread over the last few hours with my 3yo, who is the highest grader in her Kindergarten. 

She commented on the @TommyDickFingers twitter link, as a disgusting but understandable part of war, which should have been within the hidden quote, which is an easy function to use.

She should be a mod.

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'll say it again Craig....... Your sanctimony knows no bounds.

I don't think not wanting graphic images of mutilated human bodies on a football forum is really "sanctimonious", but you do you.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

In the American Civil War, the Battle of Bull Run happened early on and close to Washington.  Some wealthy citizens of Washington decided to organise a picnic and watch the battle unfold.

When the Northern forces had to beat a retreat, their progress was delayed by panicking onlookers who were also trying to escape.