Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Just now, doulikefish said:

Away days best days cancelled for them 

As much as most of this is reluctant gesture stuff I feel quite proud watching everything sticking the fingers up at them. 

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That sort of gutter journalism is completely irresponsible but I suppose we have come to expect it.

I’m not able to access it, but I’m guessing the so-called expert is an RT regular who rails against the “MSM”, or teaches at Barnsley School of Economic. 

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The tanker that was due to dock in Orkney will be denied access and with the swiss announcement at some point the Chinese will have to give mad Vlad a call and say "mate you have fucked it " 

China already backtracking on their support, condemning any invasion of a sovereign territory to the UN General Assembly.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You would imagine that there are going to be urgent talks between Russia and China over this nuclear threat.

The Chinese are not just going to let Russia fire 500 weapons across the globe.

If there was ever an empty threat from Russia that is it right there.

I read yesterday on a news site that far from the stable and powerful ally the West portrays China as, a nuclear war is their biggest fear of all given their global trade capability and would strive to talk Russia down.

It was commented that the Chinese are noticeably staying out of it with good reason for now but they simply would never support Russia in this course of action.

China probably hold the key in terms of the nuclear threat being de escalated, and also empowering Vlads successor. Yous imagine they will have a say in who replaces him. I think his removal is neccessary as the trigfer point for peace talks. You cant see a scenario where peace breaks out because now he would lose too much face. The world has picked up a rolling stone type pace of turning on Russia. Vlad cant lead them out of this. All sides are too entrenched.

If he goes, the next leader can say right I really do want to negotiate. Now everyone assumes bad faith on Putins part. Probably correctly.

China already backtracking on their support, condemning any invasion of a sovereign territory to the UN General Assembly.
I wonder if this might cool China's interest in Taiwan, for the time being at least. Admittedly I know next to f**k all about that dispute but the reaction to the Ukraine invasion couldn't have gone unnoticed by the Chinese

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I read yesterday on a news site that far from the stable and powerful ally the West portrays China as, a nuclear war is their biggest fear of all given their global trade capability and would strive to talk Russia down.

It was commented that the Chinese are noticeably staying out of it with good reason for now but they simply would never support Russia in this course of action.

A nuclear war is their biggest fear because there is no way there is any American nuclear war plan which doesn't involve taking them out regardless of whether they are part of the conflict.

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

If you're a despotic megalomaniac who's taken the world to the brink of nuclear war and are pushed out of office, what do you then do in your spare time? Cannae see the after dinner speaking tour offering many gigs.

Hang out down at Games Workshop. 

Putin's talk of Ukraine not existing brings to mind Israel's argument about a Palestinian people being an invented fiction. It's easier to bomb people if you pretend they don't exist.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A nuclear war is their biggest fear because there is no way there is any American nuclear war plan which doesn't involve taking them out regardless of whether they are part of the conflict.

That's the extreme version, the more relevant version is who would buy their consumer goods.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

If you're a despotic megalomaniac who's taken the world to the brink of nuclear war and are pushed out of office, what do you then do in your spare time? Cannae see the after dinner speaking tour offering many gigs.

How big is Putin's garden ?

4 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Part time gig as a steward at Parkhead.