Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

33 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

thats great knowledge from someone who is a professional epidemiologist......

You really don't need to be a modern day Da Vinci to understand that China has a long history of military aggression under the CCP and that the Scottish Government is talking out its arse whenever the day ends in a 'y'. Any reasonably rational and evidence-driven individual can do both. 

Perhaps if the SG had consulted the experts on P and B then they wouldn't have tried to saw the bottom off asbestos-riddled school fire doors for a start. 

Edited by vikingTON

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Massive explosions over Kharkiv, plenty on Twitter if you want to search for it. Suggests an ammo dump was hit.

Like imagine seeing that out your window. You'd be absolutely convinced a nuke had gone off and you'd dead any second.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Like imagine seeing that out your window. You'd be absolutely convinced a nuke had gone off and you'd dead any second.

Is that not one of the thermobaric bombs which are pretty much the same thing without fallout? 

27 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I take it things have cooled down in Ukraine as I've just seen Nicholas Witchell walk across my TV screen on his knees.

He looks a worried man....if Lizzie croaks it and its not the headline story on the 6pm news he will be devastated.....he has been waiting 95 years for his moment.

Actually, it did seem incredibly trivial and pathetic, as usual, seeing that twatt gush how wonderful it was that a 95 year old had returned to "duties"

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Or you'd say "muuuuuuuuuuuuuuum they've blown up that ammo dump at the bottom of the road by the SPAR"

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is that not one of the thermobaric bombs which are pretty much the same thing without fallout? 

no.

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Apparently that video is not a thermobaric bomb, it’s an ammunition dump.

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No, everyone seems to think every explosion in Ukraine is one of them just now.

If/when it's used it'll be fairly clear.

It's always been this way though. I can't think of a time in any period of history where it was any better for the average person but I'm open to persuasion on that.
For all the problems, I think the planet we are leaving our children is considerably better than the one our parents left my generation in the 60s.
Really? A world where we have

Increased forest fires
Ice caps melting at a stupid rate leading to
Flooding of some major cities worldwide with currently no contingency plans
Increased drought in already starving areas, forcing more and more to seek already overcrowded Western cities
Social fucking media

13 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

He looks a worried man....if Lizzie croaks it and its not the headline story on the 6pm news he will be devastated.....he has been waiting 95 years for his moment.

Actually, it did seem incredibly trivial and pathetic, as usual, seeing that twatt gush how wonderful it was that a 95 year old had returned to "duties"

My whole point.  In the last two days we've heard of Wills, Kate, the King-In-Waiting and the National Treasure herself in truly desperate efforts to make these Ruritanian cut-outs appear relevant.  And at this time, of all times.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

BUT nothing, absolutely nothing absolves Russia from their actions on Ukraine. This is 100% on them and your attempts at whataboutery and deflection are quite baffling.

Don't make me tap the sign.

On 24/02/2022 at 10:22, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, there seems to be a logic here that if you try to look at Putin's thought process and what has led him to decide on a full scale invasion, you're somehow providing a moral justification for his actions and making a statement that Vladimir Putin is good, actually. Which is primary school level nonsense.

Trying to understand the geopolitical motivations for the actions of a state =/= supporting those actions

Really? A world where we have

Increased forest fires
Ice caps melting at a stupid rate leading to
Flooding of some major cities worldwide with currently no contingency plans
Increased drought in already starving areas, forcing more and more to seek already overcrowded Western cities
Social fucking media
At least two of my colleagues would be dead right now if it wasn't for medical advances made since the sixties. I'd much rather live in 2022 than 1962.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If/when it's used it'll be fairly clear.

There have been unconfirmed reports of TB munitions being used in Ukraine already. The use of them in built up areas might breach some international humanitarian law but what is fairly clear, most people have no idea what they are or look like despite the fact that pictures of the equipment that fire them have been posted here every day.

Actually, it was worse than that. He said she had returned to “work”

You have to laugh