Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

What does neutrality mean in this case though?  Just no to NATO?  No missile capabilities in Ukraine? No weapons that could potentially attack Russia?  What about EU membership for Ukraine?  What if Ukraine wanted to become a partner country to NATO like Australia or New Zealand? 

55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honesty, where does our country get idiots like this from? 🤣

Sainsbury's said it would also change the name of chicken Kiev to "chicken Kyiv" to match the Ukrainian spelling of the capital.

It's a great example of "doing something" syndrome 

Shit got serious 

I drank a can of "full fat" the other day. It had been a while.

Its way worse than I remember it, and is fact, utterly shite.

If Barrs had staked their future on that rot all they years ago we would never have heard of them.

Russia missing f**k all IMO.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Quite surprised Tass published this interview with a US Under Sec/State. Can't find it in the Russian language version though.

US doesn’t want new Cold War but Russia needs to listen to world — Nuland

Apparently Tass published a tweet the other day saying that they were the most viewed Russian news source, which shows they have retained their humour as just about every other news source has been banned.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I drank a can of "full fat" the other day. It had been a while.

Its way worse than I remember it, and is fact, utterly shite.

If Barrs had staked their future on that rot all they years ago we would never have heard of them.

Russia missing f**k all IMO.

Didn't they change the recipe a few years back? 

22 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Still not as annoying as the guff all over Facebook

To be honest, you could put that line in almost any thread on here.

Facebook is for spangles wanting validation for their shitey lives

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Dundee getting it sair.

"The first NATO Warship A1411, a German replenishment ship, docked near the King George V Wharf Road in the early hours. Followed by NATO Warship F362, a Danish vessel."

It's the stirring romanticism behind the names of these vessels that makes me think the good guys will come out on top here. 

God bless A1411 and F362 and all who bravely sail in them.

*Wipes tear from eye*

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's a great example of "doing something" syndrome 

I think we all know that the real reason is that their marketing people have gauged public opinion, weighed up the sums and come to the conclusion that it will benefit the company and provide good PR if they join the virtue signalling brigade (a la chicken Kiev / Kyiv).

The sad thing is that back in the real world, these type of "marketing" decisions make no difference whatsoever to the average shopper and in fact just leave the company / companies in question open to ridicule by the more "switched on" in society.

Ironically, most CEO's are ruthless, arrogant and completely self absorbed individuals who wouldn't know a "good deed" if it slapped them in the mush from their multi million p/a salary slips, so really, they're fooling nobody, or at least very few I'd hope.......

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's the stirring romanticism behind the names of these vessels that makes me think the good guys will come out on top here. 

God bless A1411 and F362 and all who bravely sail in them.

*Wipes tear from eye*

They’ll be riddled with crabs no doubt. 

Or they will be by the time they leave Dundee.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Interesting that Irn Bru can be used as a radiation shield. Will stock up on way home.

If you peel OXO cubes and sellotape the bits together, it makes a handy nucular shield hat 

Just now, Vimto90 said:

Weird that companies making empty gestures is what gets people passionate & typing on this thread. Who gives a f*ck if Sainsburys change the name from Kiev to Kyiv.

It might confuse yer maw next time she does an online order