Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The same folk who rage at Russians believing Putins spin, and calling them all morons, seem awfully willing to believe the mammoth amount of shit getting spouted about Russia.

The intelligence agencies were briefing explicitly that he was going to do it, with that degree of certainty post iraq then theres no way its only been 5/6 people.  

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

NATO declaring a no-fly zone automatically means WW3 because it means all NATO countries have entered the battle.

Whatever way you cut it, it's a declaration of war in all but name.

How Putin reacts would determine the length and scale of that WW3 but make no mistake, it would be WW3.

Agreed, I can understand the Ukrainian desperation for us to go balls deep, they have nothing to lose, other than the use of nuclear weapons. 

If we start attacking Russia, and China take Russia's side then i'm afraid the world is fucked instead of just ukraine. We won't be talking thousands of people, we'll be talking hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Trying to reason with Putin is as pointless as trying to convince a Rangers fan they weren't illegally kicked out the top flight in 2012.

Edited by red23

12 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Putin has said Sanctions are the same as declaring war. Better stop eh, he has nukes.

I'd imagine flying in to Ukraine and taking out their army would be slightly more frowned upon than sanctions. You suggesting flying in the entire Nato and engage in taking out Russian forces?

Isn't just because he has nukes. He believes he's entirely right doing what he's doing and if someone with that psychopathic mentality has nukes it's clearly risky ground.

Edited by red23

I'd imagine flying in to Ukraine and taking out their army would be slightly more frowned upon than sanctions. You suggesting flying in the entire Nato and engage in taking out Russian forces?
I am not suggesting anything. Just pointing out what he said and I added in a smart remark at the end.

FWIW though the only thing I believe about Putin is that he is very intelligent. He knows fine well he is "mad vlad" and this is what has people scared of what he is capable of doing. Of course he is capable, I just don't think he would use nuclear weapons, at least not as a first course of action, or even a second. He craves power, you can't have power if you are dead or your country is a barron wasteland. He doesn't strike me as the type happy to live in a bunker with tinned peaches.

That's not to say WW3 if that's the term we are using wouldn't be devastating, I just don't buy into the worlds f*cked if NATO done a NFZ or intervened. If I was wrong well then nobody could come on here and pull me up as we would be human soup, silver clouds.

5 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

I am not suggesting anything. Just pointing out what he said and I added in a smart remark at the end.

FWIW though the only thing I believe about Putin is that he is very intelligent. He knows fine well he is "mad vlad" and this is what has people scared of what he is capable of doing. Of course he is capable, I just don't think he would use nuclear weapons, at least not as a first course of action, or even a second. He craves power, you can't have power if you are dead or your country is a barron wasteland. He doesn't strike me as the type happy to live in a bunker with tinned peaches.

That's not to say WW3 if that's the term we are using wouldn't be devastating, I just don't buy into the worlds f*cked if NATO done a NFZ or intervened. If I was wrong well then nobody could come on here and pull me up as we would be human soup, silver clouds.

Some folk are so picky...

21 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

I just don't think he would use nuclear weapons, at least not as a first course of action, or even a second. He craves power, you can't have power if you are dead or your country is a barron wasteland.

I agree. But if WW3 kicks off it won't be those on the verge of "victory" that launch nuclear missiles first.

It would be the final, defiant act of someone on the verge of defeat and losing everything.

I agree. But if WW3 kicks off it won't be those on the verge of "victory" that launch nuclear missiles first.
It would be the final, defiant act of someone on the verge of defeat and losing everything.
Potentially, but again I reckon if NATO or who ever got involved it would actually make negotiating easier as he knows he couldn't win. Let him keep the annexed regions (which is still a nonsense imo), even allow a victory declaration of some sort and he gets to keep having caviar licked from his micro penis, sanctions can be eased and we can all relax for 10 or so years, till he goes for Georgia.

No way that happens on current path.

31 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Potentially, but again I reckon if NATO or who ever got involved it would actually make negotiating easier as he knows he couldn't win. Let him keep the annexed regions (which is still a nonsense imo), even allow a victory declaration of some sort and he gets to keep having caviar licked from his micro penis, sanctions can be eased and we can all relax for 10 or so years, till he goes for Georgia.

No way that happens on current path.

Even in a best case scenario for Putin, I'm giving him a close to 0% chance of being alive when he's pushing 80.

He's clearly not a well man.