Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

Awe shit. If the FT report is accurate then that puts China in a bit of a bind. Surely they can't be seen to be helping the Russians? Although if they don't what does that do to there relationship with Russia? Next move could be crucial

I think China needs the relationship of supply of goods to the West more than their relationship with Russia.

I think China needs the relationship of supply of goods to the West more than their relationship with Russia.
That's my hope, China appear to be playing the whole shitshow fairly well at the moment. Hopefully it continues. Christ, who would have thought two weeks ago that we would be relying on China to avoid WW3

Decadent Western fast food restaurants encourage addiction and morbid obesity, you say?

Pretty sure that protest will have the opposite effect of what he was after.

Can't see China doing much to help Russia, but I am again drawn to the Chinese wanting the Russians to significantly increase rail freight potential so they can send goods to the west significantly cheaper and quicker than they can at the moment. Quite what Russia will be able to get form the Chinese is beyond me right now.

18 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Israel was mentioned - they're not imposing sanctions and dozens of private jets have flown there from Russia in the last few days. Many oligarchs (like Abramovich) have dual Israeli citizenship. Wonder how the US are going to square the circle of throttling Russia with sanctions and supporting Israel unreservedly undeservedly. 

There

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's a bit jarring watching the morning news coverage today having to transition immediately from harrowing reports of death and destruction in Ukraine to luvvies having a grand old time at the Baftas.

You think they should have headlined with BAFTA awards?

"Well everybody there looks happy with their awards.  Meanwhile, in other news, things are happening in Ukraine."