Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, AmericanFan said:

If Goodwin left wouldn't SM be all over Imrie with what he's doing at Morton?

Still a bit early in his managerial career and he wouldn't exactly be a "favourite son" if he did return but who knows?

11 minutes ago, btb said:

That Tommy Craig type donkey will be Doug Imrie...

He's going to deliberately relegate your mob after his exploits with us already? 

That's freedom of the city material right there. 

Edited by vikingTON

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Goodwin has done excellent work so far in management - and I for one look forward to a Tommy Craig type donkey taking the spoon-burners back to their banter years repertoire - but managing a club with Aberdeen's expectations is still a major risk. There have been plenty of managers who find a 'big city' club in Scottish football too big a role for them, but thrive at provincial rivals.

I don't think Aberdeen is the right move for a number of reasons. He's relatively early on in his managerial career still and Aberdeen has been a bit of a graveyard for many a manager down the years. I think there is a reasonable expectation from Aberdeen supporters that if the league is always going to be out of reach then semi-regular Cup wins are priority and for whatever reason, no manager has been capable of this in over 30 years which ultimately is what puts paid to them.

It's not a job for an up and comer for sure.

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Who would you go after? Campbell?

If it came to the point where Goodwin went to Aberdeen?

We'd need to think realistically and although it would definitely split opinion to say the least, I'd have Jack Ross back. Whether he'd go for that, I'm not sure but his stock has definitely fallen since he left us with two high profile emptyings. 

Scottish football is sort of slim pickings for young managerial talent just now, so failing that, I could see us trying for another left-field appointment like Kearney was.

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Hearing its going to be Goodwin until the end of the season and then Knutsen in the summer.

Aye, it's definitely in Goodwin's interests to leave a permanent role at st mirren for a five-month spell at aiberdeen. 

Quite surprised to see folk questioning Goodwin's credentials, tbh. 

Maybe some weird consultancy like wee Gordon Strachan?

Goodwin in charge of two clubs at same time for 5 months...🤣🤣🤣

Dundee should have fired wee Gordy into the Tay from Broughty Ferry Castle for pulling that one, can't believe the sfa or spfl allowed that.

Tinpot pub league stuff.

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think Aberdeen is the right move for a number of reasons. He's relatively early on in his managerial career still

Absolute pish he's not some wet behind the ear kid who would shit himself going to a so called bigger club. The bloke would do fine if given the Aberdeen job.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Shame Cormack has revealed himself to be all talk no substance. Presents himself as an ambitious guy who has set high standards for the Dons. So far it looks like Aberdeen are going to settle for a new stadium smaller than Rugby Park, he appointed his mate as manager and now the replacements being touted are just your classic dullards who are always mentioned every time a Scottish top flight club is looking for a manager. Ambitious my arse. Put your money where your mouth is and appoint an actually decent, well known manager. And build a bigger stadium. You tight c**t.

Bloody hell, I have missed Dave Cormack stating that the club are after one of the classic dullards who are always mentioned every time a Scottish top flight club is looking for a manager. I thought that was MacBookie, William Hill and Ladbrokes.

Exaggeration. 

Certainly ambitious and maybe out of reach, but not as mental as suggesting Eddie Howe. 

The Eddie Howe thing was one bampot who somehow got on Sportsound was it not?

The Knutsen thing, whilst unlikely, is worth at least exploring.
The Norwegians tend to have a modicum of respect for us, especially as we kept pumping Viking Stavanger in the Energy Cities Cup, ahead of an “eyebleeding” McInnes 2-0 win over there in the Europa last season.