Livingston v St Mirren 19/02/2022

On 17/02/2022 at 14:59, Lex said:

There can't be a team we've played more in the last five years than each other. We followed each other up from the Championship and seem to draw each other in the cups with regularity (and then we get knocked out). Since Goodwin arrived there's been ten matches between the clubs and not one of them has been decided by more than a single goal:

image.thumb.png.2f69ebe1c316fffec435fe8e9b0886af.png 

Strangely that has the league cup penalty shoot out listed as a 2-1 win for Livi, but i think the rest is right, I am sure it will be similar fayre at the weekend. There will be absolutely nothing between the sides and it will either be a draw or a narrow win for someone, about a 33% chance of each possible result IMO. The table is jam packed in the middle, if we win we could end go 4th, lose and we could go 9th. I'd get Tanser back in the team:

Alnwick

Fraser-Joe-Charles-Tanser

Power-Gogic

Jones-Kiltie-Ronan

Greive

The biggest doubt for us is who will be in the dugout. The only realistic scoreline that seems to be missing from that run of games is a 0-0, so i'll go for that.

Good post. Its  McManus who has a good record as care taker . 

57 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not much snow left around.

A bucket load of rubbish though; empty crisp packets; yogurt cartons; bits of paper etc all from blown over bins presumably

Curtis Main must have travelled through early.

Wonder how Livi fans view this, normally when a manager leaves a team it's down to failure, not success, and you expect some sort of bounce effect from the shock of that happening. Goodwin, however, has left down to the good work he's done. This isn't a team looking for a reaction, yet it is a team that is in winning form.

I mean, I still expect us to win this game, we have been playing well and even if Goodwin is gone, the team obviously remains, and they have been preparing for this game as "normal" so (presumably) any changes to style or substance will happen in the following weeks.

It is, of course, possible this has unsettled us, but after reading Langfield's comments it doesn't sound like it has.

Quick reminder to our west coast friends. If travelling through the forecast for this afternoon is bright sunny spells. 

You'll be situated in the East Stand which means you'll possibly (if the weather forecast is right) be looking directly into sunlight for the best part of an hour before the sun slips behind the West Stand. Strange as it may seem bring some sun glasses just in case.

The sun could also have an impact on this game as the team to win the toss will most likely chose to play to the North Stand meaning the loser has a goalkeeper looking into occasional blinding sunlight for the first half an hour.

EDIT - the BBC has the sunshine being replaced by light cloud at 3pm so who knows?

End of the day,Saints are on good form as are we.Goodwins departure will in my opinion won't have a significant bearing on this game.Its an important one for both and I'm really looking forward it.Just hope its not a boring 0 0.Big crowd expected unusualy for us.Got the makings of a belter.

Don't think much changes for today. We are on a good run, playing good football and our new signings are really contributing. It's very rare to make January signings that all go straight into the team and improve it from their first game. And a victory today takes us up to 4th - plenty incentive to win.

Livi are never easy but with JJ, NZ, Ronan and Kiltie we have enough to open them up. Away win.