The Famous Aberdeen v Close but no Cigar United - Fergie Homecoming

19 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I'd persevere with the current two. 

Hopefully Considine can play sooner rather than later. 

McCrorie has been our best centre  back and player this season and we are trying to minimise losing stupid goals. I don’t see how anyone can think that replacing Ross McCrorie with Declan Gallagher is a sensible move.

12 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Having watched United a fair few times they are really blunt in attack. 

I think we have enough to beat them here. We owe them one after that farce at Tannadice. 

Would love to see us get it up Tam "I didn't shee it cause it shuits" Courts. 

2-0 the big club. 

You haven’t watched us enough, we are fucking brilliant

14 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

McCrorie has to be midfield. 

Gallagher will surely eventually plateau into some reasonable and steady form? 

Not disagreeing with you but we need to get back to basics and sort out the defence first

Edited by betting competition

Nothing against Jim Goodwin, but don't think he has the experience or the tactical genius needed to be a success. I'm sure Aberdeen will finish mid table, safety, but not expecting fireworks from them for the rest of the season, or next to be honest,

I hope Goodwin gives youth players a chance, would be great to see and he would go up in my estimation if he does play the youth and drop the dead wood. 

Aberdeen were obviously desperate for a replacement, felt you could have got a much bigger name, proven mansger with better experience and contacts. Goodwin just a bit boring & average, will be interesting seeing how they do,

While Aberdeen will be up for this, players trying to impress Goodwin, see no reason why United cannot win here, decent counter attacking football should see us a goal or three. Away win United!!

With Hibs playing Celtic, Rangers playing Motherwell, even Hearts away to St. Mirren, could be a great chance to overtake teams in league, gain more on Hearts. Really looking forward to this match.

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

Nothing against Jim Goodwin, but don't think he has the experience or the tactical genius needed to be a success. I'm sure Aberdeen will finish mid table, safety, but not expecting fireworks from them for the rest of the season, or next to be honest,

I hope Goodwin gives youth players a chance, would be great to see and he would go up in my estimation if he does play the youth and drop the dead wood. 

Aberdeen were obviously desperate for a replacement, felt you could have got a much bigger name, proven mansger with better experience and contacts. Goodwin just a bit boring & average, will be interesting seeing how they do,

While Aberdeen will be up for this, players trying to impress Goodwin, see no reason why United cannot win here, decent counter attacking football should see us a goal or three. Away win United!!

With Hibs playing Celtic, Rangers playing Motherwell, even Hearts away to St. Mirren, could be a great chance to overtake teams in league, gain more on Hearts. Really looking forward to this match.

You don't need to be a 'tactical genius' to finish 3rd.

Just have a look at the table.

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

Nothing against Jim Goodwin, but don't think he has the experience or the tactical genius needed to be a success.

------------------------------------------------

On Goodwin, he's done reasonably well in both appointments prior to this hiring, and I'm sure he's an upgrade on Glass. Big disadvantage for him might be getting being stuck with the previous manager's squad for the time being.

As to the second part I've selected, we're counting chickens a bit much thinking all the scorelines may go for us.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

You don't need to be a 'tactical genius' to finish 3rd.

Just have a look at the table.

I agree, a win for either side, or a draw, nobody bats an eyelid in surprise. 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

On Goodwin, he's done reasonably well in both appointments prior to this hiring, and I'm sure he's an upgrade on Glass. Big disadvantage for him might be getting being stuck with the previous manager's squad for the time being.

As to the second part I've selected, we're counting chickens a bit much thinking all the scorelines may go for us.

I agree, a win for either side, or a draw, nobody bats an eyelid in surprise. 

He's got the 3rd best squad in the league, all he has to do is get them performing to their capabilities.

The one issue is that he may not have players who are a precise fit for his preferred style. Regardless, this squad should be more than capable of finishing 3rd from an even start. Giving Hearts a 12pt head start with 33pts to play for is a different matter.

On 22/02/2022 at 21:09, tarapoa said:

United to pass the ball back to the keeper a lot and smash and a grab a 1-0 win with a goal from Derek Stark.
Now that would be nostalgia for the great man’s return.

With referee Bob Valentine doing his bit for the City of Discovery

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What have the United fans been saying on the United v Rangers thread to get it closed down? 

What I was wondering...altho I think the last post I saw was from some Rangers melt doing a heid's gone, before calling Morelos' elbow a 'shove' 🤣