Goal Songs/Songs in Stadiums

Maybe it doesn’t fit the goal songs criteria, but Rangers went through a short phase of playing Insomnia by Faithless before a match.

It’s an absolute belter of a tune and really gets an atmosphere going.

I seem to remember this being played by Man City before a Manchester Derby and the place was electric but I can’t find any videos of it. If anyone can link me to it, please do! Anyway, cracking tune and builds an atmosphere perfectly.

Yeah that is a banger tbf. Seems City mostly go for Fat Boy Slim these days as do many teams. A good song in itself but slightly overused. Despite that I remember watching Spurs play at the Etihad and they had some sort of orchestral version that doesn't appear to exist on youtube, none-the-less the hairs on my forearms were fully erect as I peered into my iraqigoals stream. 

Not really a fan of goal music.

I remember to Scotland walking out to Italy with Insomnia, what with the rain pouring down for a 5pm kick off and a pissed up Hampden crowd it did get the hairs on the back of the neck going.

PIty Scotland went and fecked it up by losing.

1 minute ago, Sugar_Army said:

Not really a fan of goal music.

I remember to Scotland walking out to Italy with Insomnia, what with the rain pouring down for a 5pm kick off and a pissed up Hampden crowd it did get the hairs on the back of the neck going.

PIty Scotland went and fecked it up by losing.

Would love to see Insomnia being played before the Ukraine game. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s unreal. Stand by my decision that Insomnia is one of the best for an atmosphere!

I was at the opposite end and all I remember was the whole stadium was bouncing to that.  Remember Donadoni commenting on the Scotland support that night.  Imagine if we had won!

2 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

The examples here prove goal music is for the easily pleased. Like WWE.  

Incorrect. I'm easily pleased and dislike goal music.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I suspect the Venn diagram of people who like wrestling and people who like goal music is one circle.

Also incorrect. I dislike goal music but like wrestling.

34 minutes ago, AJF said:

I totally forgot about this until now, but there was a match a good few years ago where Celtic played a short snippet of music each time they got a corner. It was very bizarre.

In isolation that's shite.

Having said that, and fully showing my weirdness, sometimes those footballer compilation videos are decent, as having a good mix between impactful moments of football and decent tunes.

As a concept in a friendly I'd quite like to see an entire game played to a soundtrack, albeit I can appreciate such a suggestion would be roundly boo'ed and rightly so.

On great intersections of music and football, whilst waiting for whatever games came on in the Euros after Scotland v Czech Republic I mixed these two to the enjoyment of other Hibs fans present:

Turn the sound off for the Simon Murray one and keep up the Resident Evil one.

If but one other soul out there thinks its class it'll all have been worthwhile.