Goal Songs/Songs in Stadiums

On 24/02/2022 at 06:58, Stellaboz said:

Which club used to play some kind of trumpet/horn (easy!) Sound when they got a corner? Was either Killie, Livi or Celtic. Fucking embarrassing.

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Can't remember us doing it but it sounds absolutely embarrassing 

I actually seem to remember that at Almondvale. Would have been back in like 2006, think I remember a wee tune before each corner.

I was 10 though so could well be talking shite.

Edited by LiviLion

We used to come out to the Banana Split tune, which was utterly fucking weird, but I missed it when it changed.

I'm not a fan of goal music for internationals, but clubs using songs from local bands (do Dunfermline still come out to The Skids?) or songs which have an otherwise strong connection to the club (Sunshine on Leith is a wonderfully idiosyncratic example) is fine. I'd take "The boy with the arab strap" by Belle and Sebastian. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

We used to come out to the Banana Split tune, which was utterly fucking weird, but I missed it when it changed.

I'm not a fan of goal music for internationals, but clubs using songs from local bands (do Dunfermline still come out to The Skids?) or songs which have an otherwise strong connection to the club (Sunshine on Leith is a wonderfully idiosyncratic example) is fine. I'd take "The boy with the arab strap" by Belle and Sebastian. 

Of course you would!

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Yup. Hope that never changes.

6 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Livi used to have cheerleaders at Half Time in the mid-2000s which was odd.

We had that too. Very weird. They weren't even particularly good, but they always looked cheery  They were all about 16 too, and you'd get the lads up the back giving it "get yer tits oot" etc. Every week.

Motherwell also had the 'Well's Belle's' cheerleaders a while back. Definitely a bit strange.

On the trumpet music @Stellabozasked about previously, I'm not sure who else done it, but we had a period of a couple of years where they would play the Cavalry Charge whenever we got a corner towards the end of a game and we were chasing an equaliser or winner. Cringed every single time.

Edited by 'WellDel

11 hours ago, velo army said:

We had that too. Very weird. They weren't even particularly good, but they always looked cheery  They were all about 16 too, and you'd get the lads up the back giving it "get yer tits oot" etc. Every week.

Motherwell also had the 'Well's Belle's' cheerleaders a while back. Definitely a bit strange.
On the trumpet music [mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention]asked about previously, I'm not sure who else done it, but we had a period of a couple of years where they would play the Cavalry Charge whenever we got a corner towards the end of a game and we were chasing an equaliser or winner. Cringed every single time.
Think I've only been to Motherwell once and don't remember it, but that's what I'm talking about. Deeply embarrassing stuff.

Add Rangers to the list of clubs that went through the cheerleader phase.

The only good thing to come of it was at a Rangers charity dinner I attended where there was a selection of the cheerleaders that performed for some reason.

We somehow managed to convince them to come back into town with us to a night club, outfits on and all.

Me being a weedy wee 18 year old at the time thought it can’t get any better than this. Of course, I had no chance with any of them, but it never stopped me trying. Must’ve bought about 10 drinks for various cheerleaders for absolutely f**k all to happen. Still felt grand strolling into the club with them, though.

Edited by AJF

Add Rangers to the list of clubs that went through the cheerleader phase.
The only good thing to come of it was at a Rangers charity dinner I attended where there was a selection of the cheerleaders that performed for some reason.
We somehow managed to convince them to come back into town with us to a night club, outfits on and all.
Me being a weedy wee 18 year old at the time thought it can’t get any better than this. Of course, I had no chance with any of them, but it never stopped me trying. Must’ve bought about 10 drinks for various cheerleaders for absolutely f**k all to happen. Still felt grand strolling into the club with them, though.
In a similar note, I mind when we played one of our semi finals or finals in the 2000s and went to some place in Glasgow pre match.

The Corona girls were there, ladies in skimpy clothing to promote the beer. They essentially had a 2nd mobile number given to them by the company so they could exchange it with punters making a cheeky move.

Falkirk have had cheerleaders a few times, at Brockville towards the end, and also at the Bairnabeu.

We even had a dance troupe do an interpretive dance theatre skit* on a muddy park in about 2012.

Quite surreal.

*inb4 "that was the Falkirk defence hahafhsjsjhjj"

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Which skids tune do the pars run out to, is it into the valley?

We run out to another of their anthems ‘the Saints are coming’. 

Wonder if there’s any other bands played at more than one club? 

Yup, Into The Valley. The club briefly changed it to 'Teenage Kicks' by The Undertones when Stephen Kenny was manager. Thankfully was changed back and remains to this day.

Also, Bluebell Polka is played at full time.

Yup, Into The Valley. The club briefly changed it to 'Teenage Kicks' by The Undertones when Stephen Kenny was manager. Thankfully was changed back and remains to this day.
Also, Bluebell Polka is played at full time.
I don't remember the Teenage Kicks era at all. Mind you, had to be steaming to put up with a lot of that football.