Morton v Arbroath

This is going to be tough. Last couple of weeks have not been great after the Killie game but we’ve been up against it and missing key players and had a hard schedule. Morton are absolutely flying right now too.

I think we will probably still be missing Nicky Low, which is honestly heart breaking cause he’s the main man so we will see but I’m going to go ahead and say we should play this team if he isn’t. Hopefully Jack Hamilton is back at least

Gaston

JT

Little

ToB

Hammy

Stewart 

Young Hammy (bring him back jn can see it being a scrappy battle) 

McKenna

Liam Henderson

Wighton 

Hamilton 

A win really would be massive and be a huge boost but I am really not too sure how it’s going to go. Be the usual scrappy game though I imagine 

Only concern going into this one is the effect that pitch will have on the players. It was really heavy and an absolute slog so would imagine a few players will be absolutely fecked after it. Hopefully no injuries picked up.

Lyon needs to come back in and hopefully Reilly is available.

Should be tight but confident of another win.

Credit to the boys for coming back from Saturdays performance and putting in a shift. We stole the 3 points but who gives a f**k.

Arbroath are having an excellent season and I am as surprised that they dropped points against Queens at the weekend. Don't see why we shouldn't be going out for a win here.

Reckon we'll line up as follows:

Hamilton

Mcentee McLean Lithgow

Brandon blues Wilson Oliver strapp 

Ugwu.  Muirhead

If Lyon and Reilly are fit then I don't see imrie changing the team. 

Not seen any of the games v Arbroath this year but their fans on here seem to think we've been more their match in each game this season and been unlucky at times and that was under Gus McPherson ffs. The Imrie factor + previous good performances v a stuttering Arbroath = Morton win.

2 hours ago, madton said:

Only concern going into this one is the effect that pitch will have on the players. It was really heavy and an absolute slog so would imagine a few players will be absolutely fecked after it. Hopefully no injuries picked up.

Lyon needs to come back in and hopefully Reilly is available.

Should be tight but confident of another win.

The effects of last night concern me too. I'd like to see us going back to pressing effectively to control games but the players simply might not have the legs to do it on Saturday.

I'd bring Lyon in for Wilson and Reilly as well - possibly for Ugwu simply because he's played both matches and we can't risk an injury. I'd be concerned about the wing backs as well but I can't see Russell coming in for Strapp - maybe as a first sub after an hour. 

Tuesday to Saturday is really not a worry fitness-wise. Expect everyone who started last night who's not carrying a knock, bar Muirhead and possibly Wilson, to start again on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing how a Morton team who want to run and scrap do against an Arbroath who've just been better at the basics than us far too often.

Weather looks very ominous? 26mph winds gusting up to 44... 

And yeah Morton the better team that last game I thought and got the better of us in the 2-2 one too although we were missing big players that day 

Now they’re flying though we’ll probably go there and win. Such is football

2 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

What's the ticketing set up for away fans  TIA.

There's a ticketing link on the official site but don't know if that works for away fans.

There's a ticket office on Sinclair Street next to the main stand turnstiles though.

On 24/02/2022 at 00:23, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Tuesday to Saturday is really not a worry fitness-wise. 

It is a worry fitness-wise when i) Tuesday's game was played on a tar pit ii) the game plan at home at least has involved intense, coordinated pressing off the ball and iii) the opposition didn't have to play midweek at all.

It is not an injustice; it is however a significant issue that can affect tomorrow's match. 

23 minutes ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

Thinking of driving down for this where is the best place to park lads any suggestions welcome. Would take a scrappy 1 nil win for lichties but morton have been flying since imrie came in so will be another very hard fought match. Need to up our game from last week very poor decision making.

If your down early enough you’ll get a space on a few streets beside the stadium such as Carwood street, Baxter street few other streets round that area, there’s also a car park at the stadium on sinclair street although I’ve never used it so someone else would be best for information on that if you need to pay etc.

Edited by Cowshed

2 hours ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

Thinking of driving down for this where is the best place to park lads any suggestions welcome. Would take a scrappy 1 nil win for lichties but morton have been flying since imrie came in so will be another very hard fought match. Need to up our game from last week very poor decision making.

The docks right across the street is best for parking imo. Gets you a quick getaway back up the M8. I've parked there for years.

Take a right as you approach cappielow at the lights 

As long as you get there at a decent time, you'll get parked no bother.

I’ve only been to Cappielow once v Clydebank for the last game of the season 2000/01 when we last won promotion to the Championship or First Division as it was called then.

We’d confirmed second place and automatic promotion the previous Saturday, so me and a pal decided to drive through for a stress free game.

My main recollections are it was a draw, that only the main stand was open, liked Cappielow as it’s a proper old school ground and that the drive along the Clyde to Greenock was surprisingly picturesque.

Think we parked just behind the home end, mind you there couldn’t have been more than 400 at the game.

Would like to go back, not tomorrow unfortunately.

Edited by Tattie36