Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

On 18/03/2022 at 13:36, oaksoft said:

What do you even say to something like this.

It would almost be worth just pointing and laughing at someone like this if these people weren't in charge.

It's worth considering the question he was responding to as well.

Tory MP says the best way to deal with rising energy bills is to 'get a job' | Metro News

Only see this guy crop up a few times and he consistently comes across as an idiot. Clearly all the candy floss and rock has melted the brains of the electorate in Blackpool to vote in such a mouth breather.

14 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Starting to think multi millionaires are not the best people to be in public office

I was thinking something similar.

I mean, they obviously don't give a f**k anyway, but they genuinely have no idea what it means to be on the breadline and be told that you're about to be made even poorer. At the back of everything is an assumption that people can always dip into their savings, sell off a bit of property, or ask their parents for an advance on their inheritance.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Only see this guy crop up a few times and he consistently comes across as an idiot. Clearly all the candy floss and rock has melted the brains of the electorate in Blackpool to vote in such a mouth breather.

Worth pointing out that the Oaksoft account used to come out with similar advice, and likely will again.

14 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Starting to think multi millionaires are not the best people to be in public office 

Rishi Sunak discussed the rise in energy prices that will happen in the autumn on Sunday (20 March). 

“I can’t solve every problem,” said Mr Sunak as he urged people not to be scared by the rising cost of living.

“Where we can make a difference of course we will,” he added.

Mr Sunak acknowledged that things are “not going to be easy” and that his upcoming announcement in this week’s spring statement will not be enough to “fully protect” people from the financial pain of rises in the cost of petrol, heating and other essentials.

What a fucking mealy mouthed Tory c**t Sunak is. 

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Worth pointing out that the Oaksoft account used to come out with similar advice, and likely will again.

Yes but he's not elected to represent anyone, Scott Benton on the other hand is thick as shit rather than being a conservative like Oaky

Just now, 101 said:

Yes but he's not elected to represent anyone, Scott Benton on the other hand is thick as shit rather than being a conservative like Oaky

No, it's just funny to see his views sway back and forth depending on what the situation requires.

I don't believe for a minute that a single elected official who comes out with that kind of shit is doing so out of stupidity. The "on your bike" mentality is a convenient smokescreen for being spiteful, venal c***s. If they were really that thick, we'd occasionally see the odd hardcore Tory arguing in favour of distribution of wealth.

4 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Answer was me being an idiot. Variable a lot lower. 

This is probably the first time you've had to look in it. These things aren't taught and we're all somehow supposed to know them. In addition, it certainly isn't beyond companies making them less than easy to understand.

There will be millions of folk across the UK similarly unsure, and some companies are almost certainly banking on that in order to tie folk in to expensive deals.

Answer was me being an idiot. Variable a lot lower. 

Scottish Power called me recommended I move onto a fix that will be twice the price of the new cap.
This really is unscrupulous behaviour and because most people are fuckingg numpties, they get taken in.
I called the guy out as a charlatan. As bad as debt collectors.

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Scottish Power called me recommended I move onto a fix that will be twice the price of the new cap.
This really is unscrupulous behaviour and because most people are fuckingg numpties, they get taken in.
I called the guy out as a charlatan. As bad as debt collectors.

Boy on phone to me was complete opposite. All be it I have until July but variable worked out roughly what I'd be paying in July and aye not near the 370 I was looking at. Couldn't fault the guy tbh.

Wait time however on phone was pretty bad but expected. 

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I do like it when people take it upon themselves to decide for me what my political leanings are and what my views are on subjects.

It saves me the bother of thinking for myself. 😆

A conservative isn't a Conservative, from your posting ive always thought you were more that way inclined

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Do I give that impression from my posts? What makes you think I'm conservative?  😆

Mind you talking about lowering your tax liabilities to the minimum, might not have been you right enough but I was pretty sure.

Looking forward to seeing articles about how “millennials” should be drinking coffee at home and not Starbucks will help solve this crisis

Can’t wait for the BBC to dress Sunak up as a hero for cutting duty by 1p.

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Looking forward to seeing articles about how “millennials” should be drinking coffee at home and not Starbucks will help solve this crisis

The opposite is going to happen. Everyone is understandably going to tighten to their budgets and the UK economy which is largely based on people buying shite they don't need and barely want is going to crumble. 

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Didn't Kirstie Allsop say people could afford houses by giving up netflix and gym memberships?

I used to think @oaksoft was a conservative, too.

Can't remember the thread or what it was about but people were talking about a hypothetical workplace and what they would do in a certain situation (might have been wolf whistling). Oaky contributed with "If I ran a company then I would..."

So I always assumed he was a boss man, making money by breaking the backs of the poor and wretched, pickpocketing orphans and putting pensioners on the street.