Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What council tax band are you in?

I'm in band A and will be saving about £15 a month due to the rebate.

A

Will save much the same as you in total, theoretically.

In practice, I'll pay it straight to my electricity supplier to offset what is coming....

There's clearly a line where things will become too expensive and profits will drop.

Seems like plenty of companies are desperately looking for said line so that they can remain on the 'right' side of it ('right from their perspective).

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There's clearly a line where things will become too expensive and profits will drop.

Seems like plenty of companies are desperately looking for said line so that they can remain on the 'right' side of it ('right from their perspective).

Less pressure on that when you're providing an essential serrice,  if the price of irn bru was going up at the same rate loads of people would simple not buy it. As rightly angry as everyone is I've not seen anyone say they'll go off-grid.

They have us buy the baws and they know it, which is kinda why essential services should never be privately owned, yet here we are... 

Edited by parsforlife

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Less pressure on that when you're providing an essential serrice,  if the price of irn bru was going up at the same rate loads of people would simple not buy it. As rightly angry as everyone is I've not seen anyone say they'll go off-grid.

They have us buy the baws and they know it, which is kinda why essential services should never be privately owned, yet here we are... 

"At GlobalEnergyCo, we recognise that this has been a terrible year, with record deaths of elderly and vulnerable people who couldn't afford to heat their homes due to our prices. Thankfully, we were allowed to increase our charges on the surviving members of the public to compensate, and our profits still grew by another 10%, so complete disaster was averted."

28 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

But they 'proved' the public sector can't do these services (by underfunding them)....

Maybe everyone should refuse to pay the bills en masse. Would be an interesting study if you could get say 80% of people to do it at once.

Put an order in today for my biomass pellets, which were £295 per 960kg (roughly 6 weeks for winter) in December. My late January order, they had gone up to £305. Today they are now £345. According to the supplier, this is due to rising costs. Looks like no one is exempt from these ridiculous price rises.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm just going to fill my car up with cooking oil from now on. Guy at my old work used to it and seemed to get away with it fine. 

Don't try this is you have a petrol car :lol:

Got my rebate letter today. Taking £12.50 a month off my direct debit. I won't even notice. I would have noticed if they had, say, taken it all in one month and given me a much reduced bill one month. 

Diesel almost at £1.80 a litre. 

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Who do you think they’ll be helping? 

I think you know the answer, but to expand, when you protect you're billionaire pals everyone else will suffer more.  The government has not once asked these guys to share the pain,  every single crisis is being asked to be borne by the common.

Starting to think multi millionaires are not the best people to be in public office 

Rishi Sunak discussed the rise in energy prices that will happen in the autumn on Sunday (20 March). 

“I can’t solve every problem,” said Mr Sunak as he urged people not to be scared by the rising cost of living.

“Where we can make a difference of course we will,” he added.

Mr Sunak acknowledged that things are “not going to be easy” and that his upcoming announcement in this week’s spring statement will not be enough to “fully protect” people from the financial pain of rises in the cost of petrol, heating and other essentials.

On hold waiting to be answered by my gas and electric provider 

Pay around 130 a month up until July 

If I jump ship ..... for a year it will now cost me 373 a month.

If I do this ... even in October the price would stay the same for me? 

Or am I being an idiot 

Edited by Robin.Hood

8 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

On hold waiting to be answered by my gas and electric provider 

Pay around 130 a month up until July 

If I jump ship ..... for a year it will now cost me 373 a month.

If I do this ... even in October the price would stay the same for me? 

Or am I being an idiot 

To guarantee that price you would need to sign up for a year now, come October no guarantee that "offer price" would still be on the table. Having said that offer seems astronomically high. Do you know your usage roughly?

4 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

To guarantee that price you would need to sign up for a year now, come October no guarantee that "offer price" would still be on the table. Having said that offer seems astronomically high. Do you know your usage roughly?

Will private message. Can see me making a c**t of myself