St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian 26/2/22

HT 0-0
Hmm. Started the game really poorly actually, Hearts should have been ahead and had a couple of decent chances. Boyce in particular with a header at the back post, great save Alnwick.
Then the red card. One of those in the middle of the park with the ball bouncing around and a mistimed tackle. Fourth official called it, those with a better view say it was correct, fair enough.
We then started playing much better. Couple of corners and a decent looking penalty claim turned down around the half hour mark.
Would certainly take a point from this position, surely Hearts will make the extra man count second half.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Stonewall red, but the Hearts right back should be off the park as well. Easy two yellows, but given the benefit of the doubt for the first one. Second challenge on Jones could have been a red in its own right.

We've done ok, but Hearts should be putting this to bed.

He appeared to stamp down on Jones foot, Greg Aitken is getting a fair amount of abuse and looks like he is doubling down on giving us nothing.

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

He appeared to stamp down on Jones foot, Greg Aitken is getting a fair amount of abuse and looks like he is doubling down on giving us nothing.

It's never a red. I get St Mirren fans are frustrated but that's not a red.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It was not a stonewall penalty, the St Mirren player moved across him and initiated contact.

Because he beat the defender to the ball. Defenders momentum takes him into the attacker. When the Hearts tv commentators say you've seen them given, that in itself proves its a penalty 😂.

We are giving Boyce way too much space in the box.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Because he beat the defender to the ball. Defenders momentum takes him into the attacker. When the Hearts tv commentators say you've seen them given, that in itself proves its a penalty 😂.

We are giving Boyce way too much space in the box.

I literally said I've seen them given myself in the next post.

It's not stonewall is my point.

14 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Stonewall red card and stonewall penalty. Not much more to say really.

Red 90% a red. 
Penalty 75% a penalty.

Was going to say the penalty is one that would be a foul anywhere else on the pitch but ref seems to have been giving all the 50/50s to Hearts.