St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian 26/2/22

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

"We're up to our knees in ****** blood".

What's worse, the one guy who sang it or the Hearts fans who condoned it and did nothing?

The people who think people on a shite website can prevent decades of sectarianism as a point scoring exercise are the worst tbh

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

The people who think people on a shite website can prevent decades of sectarianism as a point scoring exercise are the worst tbh

Totally, why would a fan base for a football club who use a football forum that includes their club think they could make a difference?

I guess we should just accept sectarianism because........ well it's been going on for ages. 

f**k that, like every other form of discrimination, we should be shining a light on it and condemning it for all we are worth!

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

Totally, why would a fan base for a football club who use a football forum that includes their club think they could make a difference?

I guess we should just accept sectarianism because........ well it's been going on for ages. 

f**k that, like every other form of discrimination, we should be shining a light on it and condemning it for all we are worth!

Kickback is a website for cretins, that I don't know a single one of the dozens, if not hundreds of Hearts fans that I know use. 

This website (imo) is for folk who eschew club websites for cretins because they enjoy the back and forth fun that you can have with fans of other clubs. I know like 3 of my pals use it. 

I'm sure it's pretty much the same for you and St Mirren sites.

Is sectarianism wrong? Yes. Is it pathetic. Yes. Should those who practice it be fired into the sun? Yes.

Is performatively pretending the people on here are the perpetrators of a tragic societal issue an attempt to make you feel better? Not for me to say. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

It really surprises me that fans of the losing team are questioning the refs decisions.

This is probably a first in world football.

I imagine the moon transforming into the sun surprises you every morning though, tbf.

Missed this game completely, managed checked on it twice, once was just as Ronan got his red card, and the second was when Hearts had just gone 2 up.

Meh.

I can only presume Robinson will be pissed off considering going down to 10 so early destroyed any plan he had. I said this would be a good test, considering the level of opposition, and that would still be the case if we had managed to keep 11 on the field.

Still, all in all, we still have that game in hand, and are still more than capable of ending in the "better bit" of the league. If not, at least we'll have the fun of helping either Dundee or St Johnstone out of this league, ideally both.

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I actually think the worst decision was Devlin's booking. He claimed for a handball against Power, Power squared up to him, Devlin never raised hands or anything,  yellow card. 

Standard shitebag refereeing. And as much as I thought Ronan's was a red, Frasers was worse I think and the ref never even gave a free kick.

Having seen it back on a better quality feed than the online stream I think the St Mirren penalty claim probably was one, I still don't think it is a stonewaller though, it's just a coming together.

Out of the two handball claims, I think Powers is more of a handball than Halkett's as his hands are out, Halkett's hits the back of his upper arm and his arms are by his side, not sure he can do much about it. But it's not a shock neither were given, both would've been harsh.

I've no idea what Power was doing with Devlin. He seemed to take offence that the guy had had the cheek to claim for a penalty and then it got a bit silly. Crazy behaviour. Dunno if the ball did hit his arm or not but it was from point blank range so not really much Power could have done to get out the way.

Incredible that Fraser's challenge doesn't even seem to have been a free-kick 🤣 From the highlights I thought the Ronan one was worse, could have had few complaints if Fraser had been sent off though.

And at the second goal Simms was fully entitled to go for the ball. Can't really complain about that one having seen it back - although refs are usually quite happy to give fouls when someone goes within a few feet of a goalie.

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

"We're up to our knees in ****** blood".

What's worse, the one guy who sang it or the Hearts fans who condoned it and did nothing?

Far more than one person singing it, and it wasn’t a sanitised version either. They don’t care if other Hearts supporters condemn it, they actually like the fact and see it as a bonus.

Having watched it back several times I genuinely don’t think other than the Grieve penalty claim we have too much to complain about.

Us getting beat yesterday was f**k all to do with the ref, it was hearts being better from literally the first minute (I don’t think we strung two passes
Together in first 15 mins and I mean that literally)

The twenty minute spell we had with 11v 11 we just didn’t turn up. Yes the ref was a fucken balloon and he made a monumental arse of not awarding us a stonewall penalty. But in truth we were poor up to the sending off.

That killed the game as a contest as we were just trying to survive for the remaining 70 mins with ten men. 

Poor start for Robinson and I sincerely hope he’s going to bin Curtis Main, now that Brophy is fit. The only time Main should be on the pitch is when we are in a winning position, and we need a sub in the  final minutes to kill time.

Hearts were well on top in the first 20 but I mentioned mere seconds before the red that the game was settling down and we were starting to find our feet a wee bit.

That being said, we should have been two goals down at the point the red happened. Dunne caught napping twice and thankfully Boyce has a head like a 50p piece to miss two glaring chances. 

After that, well we were right up against it but the penalty is a complete stonewaller. One of those ones if your own defender does that in the box, you're sitting there like 'FFS what's he thinking' the ref not giving it was quite incredible and if we get it and go 1-0, it's a totally different game of football.

All in all, no complaints about losing to a better team, which Hearts clearly are, we rode our luck big time in defence but the manner in which we arrived at the result was the irritation.

Tried to watch the game last night, but I was steaming.

Not a great game,, and the big decisions obviously affect how the game goes.

I can only assume the st mirren fans think Baningime cheated to get the boy sent off, even though Ronan caught Beni above the ankle - seconds after GMS's ankle was done.

That sending off might seem harsh to some, but I think players must know those challenges are risky.

Brilliant to get a win and a clean sheet away from home. 

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Tried to watch the game last night, but I was steaming.

Not a great game,, and the big decisions obviously affect how the game goes.

I can only assume the st mirren fans think Baningime cheated to get the boy sent off, even though Ronan caught Beni above the ankle - seconds after GMS's ankle was done.

That sending off might seem harsh to some, but I think players must know those challenges are risky.

Brilliant to get a win and a clean sheet away from home. 

What about the penalty we were denied?

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

What about the penalty we were denied?

Having now watched the highlights on something better than the truly crappy feed, I'm more inclined to call the Grieve penalty claim a penalty than I was yesterday. Still not a stonewaller (your man was already on his way down when Woodburn went near him), but I'd have been absolutely raging not to get that at the other end.

On the flip side, St Mirren could easily have been down to 9 men by that point.