St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian 26/2/22

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

To be fair, as mentioned above, with the benefit of TV, the tackle on Greive was a stonewall penalty.

I haven’t watched the highlights yet. Fair enough if it was. I’ll watch them later and. E honest enough to admit it if it was. I just don’t see how anyone could think that The foul on Baningime was anything other than a red card. Booing the guy for taking a player’s studs in the knee is new one for me. If that was the other way around I wouldn’t be defending our player. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I haven’t watched the highlights yet. Fair enough if it was. I’ll watch them later and. E honest enough to admit it if it was. I just don’t see how anyone could think that The foul on Baningime was anything other than a red card. Booing the guy for taking a player’s studs in the knee is new one for me. If that was the other way around I wouldn’t be defending our player. 

From where I was sitting there was no indication that the tackle was that bad and I'm in the Main stand nearest where it took place.

The ref didn't spot it. It was quite clearly pointed out by the fourth official.

It looked to me as if Ronan lost control and tried to regain control. Your player came in from the blind side and was caught. It certainly wasn't malicious.

Edited by FTOF

5 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Ronan is not a dirty player it was a yellow at best. Stonewall penalty for shove on Grieve. Hearts were better side but decisions decide games

Definitely not suggesting he is a dirty player. It was a dreadful challenge though, and a red card every time.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

From where I was sitting there was no indication that the tackle was that bad and I'm in the Main stand nearest where it took place.

The ref didn't spot it. It was quite clearly pointed out by the fourth official.

It looked to me as if Ronan lost control and tried to regain control. Your player came in from the blind side and was caught. It certainly wasn't malicious.

I don’t think it was malicious either.

St Mirren should have had a penalty, anyone who thinks Ronan shouldn't have been sent off is a moron. It doesn't matter if he didn't mean it. 

That said, I absolutely welcome everyone staying raging about nothing until the quarter final, it needs a wee bit of spice.

33 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Ronan is not a dirty player it was a yellow at best. Stonewall penalty for shove on Grieve. Hearts were better side but decisions decide games

These things even themselves out.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yep, whine about decisions all you want, but the absolute dross at the bottom of the table are always there on merit.

As always, I'm aware we're absolutely shite m8, I just find it hilarious that St Mirren are apparently denied a penalty or having a goal wrongly disallowed every single week.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As always, I'm aware we're absolutely shite m8, I just find it hilarious that St Mirren are apparently denied a penalty or having a goal wrongly disallowed every single week.

Yes mate, it's true. If only we were like you who is known to stoically shrug these things off whenever they happen.

Meh shite game that had shite all over it even before the sending off. Looked to me a booking but hardly a red card, will see the replays. Obviously changed the game, and what was surprising was how shite hearts were even with the extra man, sure they made a few opportunities but both goals were handed to them on a platter. And spent the last 15 minutes under a bit of pressure. 

Stonewaller penalty and the ref generally had a shocker. (as per fecking usual,). The only thing of note was Main was half way decent when he came on. Not sure if that is due to Robinson getting more out of him, or just more evidence that hearts were shite.

20 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Meh shite game that had shite all over it even before the sending off. Looked to me a booking but hardly a red card, will see the replays. Obviously changed the game, and what was surprising was how shite hearts were even with the extra man, sure they made a few opportunities but both goals were handed to them on a platter. And spent the last 15 minutes under a bit of pressure. 

Stonewaller penalty and the ref generally had a shocker. (as per fecking usual,). The only thing of note was Main was half way decent when he came on. Not sure if that is due to Robinson getting more out of him, or just more evidence that hearts were shite.

Realise what we’re doin’ here.

47 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The referee was dreadful.

The worst decision, was Haring's booking. Jones lost the ball and jumped into Haring.

Comical.

I actually think the worst decision was Devlin's booking. He claimed for a handball against Power, Power squared up to him, Devlin never raised hands or anything,  yellow card. 

Standard shitebag refereeing. And as much as I thought Ronan's was a red, Frasers was worse I think and the ref never even gave a free kick.

Having seen it back on a better quality feed than the online stream I think the St Mirren penalty claim probably was one, I still don't think it is a stonewaller though, it's just a coming together.

Out of the two handball claims, I think Powers is more of a handball than Halkett's as his hands are out, Halkett's hits the back of his upper arm and his arms are by his side, not sure he can do much about it. But it's not a shock neither were given, both would've been harsh.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I actually think the worst decision was Devlin's booking. He claimed for a handball against Power, Power squared up to him, Devlin never raised hands or anything,  yellow card. 

Devlin went head to head and pushed Power with his forehead and then shat it when Power grabbed him and shouted for the ref. 

Wee fanny behavior.