Squad Injuries Ahead of Ukraine Match

MarkoDevilovich

Zander Clark, Liam Cooper, Andrew Considine, Paul McGinn, Scott McTominay, Ryan Christie, David Turnbull, Lyndon Dykes, Kevin Nisbet are all players who have been called up in the last year and are currently injured.

Kieran Tierney went off injured for Arsenal against Wolves but I'm assuming it's okay as I haven't heard anything more about it. 

14 hours ago, Donathan said:

What’s the prognosis on these injuries? 

Was mentioned on sky against Blackburn at the weekend there that Dykes had a minor knock the previous games and was close to returning for that but didn't quite make it, so should be back playing shortly.

Nisbet came off yesterday against Celtic after a bad challenge on him, not sure about the injury but Maloney said it doesn't look too good.

Think Coopers been out for quite a while with a hamstring injury. Seem to remember him picking it up not long after the Denmark game.

Re Christie:

"On Thursday afternoon, speaking ahead of Bournemouth's match against Stoke at the weekend, Parker gave his assessment on Christie and (Keiffer) Moore's race against time to be fit (for Scotland and Wales' repsective playoffs).

"I think Ryan Christie will. I'm not sure about Kieffer. He is progressing well but obviously, he's had surgery to the fifth metatarsal which he's had pinned."

"

16 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Zander Clark, Liam Cooper, Andrew Considine, Paul McGinn, Scott McTominay, Ryan Christie, David Turnbull, Lyndon Dykes, Kevin Nisbet are all players who have been called up in the last year and are currently injured.

Kieran Tierney went off injured for Arsenal against Wolves but I'm assuming it's okay as I haven't heard anything more about it. 

David Marshall QPR

Kal Naismith Luton 

Alan Campbell Luton 

Liam Henderson Empoli 

Ryan Gauld Vancover whitecaps 

Sirki Dembele Bournemouth 

Aaron Hickey Bolonga 

Ross Stewart Sunderland Ryan Jack Rangers

Would be happy for any of them to get in

Edited by General dissaray

40 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

David Marshall QPR

Kal Naismith Luton 

Alan Campbell Luton 

Liam Henderson Empoli 

Aaron Hickey Bolonga 

Aye but you want everyone who's not in, in the Scotland squad 🤣

26 minutes ago, MarkoDevilovich said:

Aye but you want everyone who's not in, in the Scotland squad 🤣

Did you not read the thread properly is about the avent of injuries 

And considering that this is the first time we have ever been in contact that isn't entirely true 

Plenty of players are injured actually read the thread 

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

David Marshall QPR

Kal Naismith Luton 

Alan Campbell Luton 

Liam Henderson Empoli 

Aaron Hickey Bolonga 

Wow a Motherwell fan just gave me a reddy for wanting one of his ex players capped what a absolute credit he is to the page and community 

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

David Marshall QPR

Kal Naismith Luton 

Alan Campbell Luton 

Liam Henderson Empoli 

Aaron Hickey Bolonga 

I would be happy with Marshall, Henderson, Gauld, Hickey and Jack being included.

However realistically (given Clarke rarely deviates from a tried and tested bunch of squad players and the fact it is a play-off will only reinforce that approach) only Jack and Marshall have a good chance of being included - even if a number of squad players remain out injured.

You would say that we are looking a little bare up front but if Dykes and Christie look likely to make it then, the squad won't be too different from the Denmark game which means probably Brown also.  

More generally, I would say Marshall and Mclaughlin; Jack in for perhaps Turnbull or McLean depending on McTominay. Hendry even though he is currently on the bench will be selected as cover for Hanley and Tierney if Cooper fails to make it. 

3 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Did you not read the thread properly is about the avent of injuries 

And considering that this is the first time we have ever been in contact that isn't entirely true 

Plenty of players are injured actually read the thread 

Yeah, I was aware of that point,.......

that's why I started the thread😁

I wasn't having a go at promoting new players, I'm kinda reckless on that as well, until they prove me no better than what's already there

1 minute ago, MarkoDevilovich said:

Yeah, I was aware of that point,.......

that's why I started the thread😁

I wasn't having a go at promoting new players, I'm kinda reckless on that as well, until they prove me no better than what's already there

How are they supposed to when they aren't getting selected even in a injury crisis?

9 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

How are they supposed to when they aren't getting selected even in a injury crisis?

I totally get where you're coming from, but SSC is SCC (Super conservative Clarke) I love him btw but would love to see a Gauld or Hickey get their chance, feel it'll be Nations League time though

Edited by MarkoDevilovich

22 minutes ago, MarkoDevilovich said:

I totally get where you're coming from, but SSC is SCC (Super conservative Clarke) I love him btw but would love to see a Gauld or Hickey get their chance, feel it'll be Nations League time though

If the squad is depleted he needs to pick from who is in form,all the club side mentality sermantics goes right out the window then,he needs the tools to make tactical substations and have like for like

24 minutes ago, CM. said:

Nisbet out for the rest of the season 

Unfortunate for him, but simplifies things. Dykes, Adams and Brown with Fraser and Christie as additional options assuming all are fit by match day. I don't think we need 6 striker options in the squad, 5 is good.

13 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Unfortunate for him, but simplifies things. Dykes, Adams and Brown with Fraser and Christie as additional options assuming all are fit by match day. I don't think we need 6 striker options in the squad, 5 is good.

all of course depends on when match day is....increasingly unlikely to be 24th March