🔴🟡PTFC🔴🟡 v 🔵🔴ICTFC🔵🔴

8 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Regardless, they absolutely cannot be allowed to play at Firhill next season. I’m not blaming QP for it - the blame rests with our board for allowing it - but as you say it’s completely untenable. If lesser Hampden still isn’t ready for next season, then it should be the quickest no in history if they approach us again.

Presumably they would’ve signed a contract with us which probably runs to the end of the season, and I think it’s safe to say it won’t be getting renewed even if Lesser Hampden still isn’t ready. I’d also imagine no other club with a grass pitch will take them. 

The one plus for PT is that QP will be paying handsomely for the ground share, in our first season in the SPL back in 2004 we initially ground shared with Aberdeen and we paid £30,000 a game to greedy Stewart Milne.

Some of you may remember that we only got promoted after mad Tam Hughes gave up with the appeals.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The one plus for PT is that QP will be paying handsomely for the ground share, in our first season in the SPL back in 2004 we initially ground shared with Aberdeen and we paid £30,000 a game to greedy Stewart Milne.

Some of you may remember that we only got promoted after mad Tam Hughes gave up with the appeals.

You're making a huge assumption that our board are competent.  Very likely that QP are paying a tiny fraction of that per game.

I find it a bit mad in football, that there is no contingency plan or business continuity over stuff like this. As our fans pointed out before this, the pitch was never going to be able to sustain a game per week or more in winter. Why couldn't a plan be put in place for QP to go back to Hampden in an emergency is an example. No, we just postpone games and play midweek every week instead. It's fucking shite honestly. 

46 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I find it a bit mad in football, that there is no contingency plan or business continuity over stuff like this. As our fans pointed out before this, the pitch was never going to be able to sustain a game per week or more in winter. Why couldn't a plan be put in place for QP to go back to Hampden in an emergency is an example. No, we just postpone games and play midweek every week instead. It's fucking shite honestly. 

Presumably they'd rather welcome the Black and White Pound than worry about the convenience of season ticket holders being able to get to the games.

For example the home car park is closed at TCS and has been for over a year as the maltings along the road are using it to store parts for the extension they're building.  The Caley will care more about the Whiskey Pound than a few hundred having to park further away.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably they'd rather welcome the Black and White Pound than worry about the convenience of season ticket holders being able to get to the games.

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

For example the home car park is closed at TCS and has been for over a year as the maltings along the road are using it to store parts for the extension they're building.  The Caley will care more about the Whiskey Pound than a few hundred having to park further away.

Yeah I get that and with our board makes a lot of sense, I just feel with how bad the pitch is, there should have been contingency, it's a business after all. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Great, some car parking action to get the blood up!

By "further away" do you mean in the other car park at the stadium and do you agree with me that income from the whiskey [sic] related business is very welcome in terms of the club's balance sheet?

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

Great, some car parking action to get the blood up!

By "further away" do you mean in the other car park at the stadium and do you agree with me that income from the whiskey [sic] related business is very welcome in terms of the club's balance sheet?

Wasn’t that obvious? It probably was to others. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Wasn’t that obvious? It probably was to others. 

I'm so very glad we agree that the business opportunity was realised and the inconvenience to those in the north stand is on the miniscule side of marginal.

Remind me what your point was?

1 minute ago, sophia said:

I'm so very glad we agree that the business opportunity was realised and the inconvenience to those in the north stand is on the miniscule side of marginal.

Remind me what your point was?

My point was extremely obvious.  Take your time with it.

Rumours are we got £40,000 for the whole season. If that is true that is diabolical. I remember back in 1990/91 we got Colin McGlashan from our tenants Clyde for £65,000 which covered their groundshare costs for that season.

12 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Rumours are we got £40,000 for the whole season. If that is true that is diabolical. I remember back in 1990/91 we got Colin McGlashan from our tenants Clyde for £65,000 which covered their groundshare costs for that season.

Heard the same number.

Pathetic if true.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Don't Tulloch still own the carparks?

Thing is Hampden is not over used presently so it begs the question as to why QP didn't ask to use that pitch, as they had done for centuries, and if there was a match clash then they could have asked the other Glasgow clubs for use of their pitches, 

2 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Crazy when you align it with what you were paying The Sheeple about 20 years ago.

£40k is ridiculously low but Aberdeen had us over a barrel. They were the only ground we could use to get into the SPL whereas Queens Park at least had lots of options to try and sort out an agreement to play in.