🔴🟡PTFC🔴🟡 v 🔵🔴ICTFC🔵🔴

8 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

For all the indisputable turnip patch nature of our pitch we find ourselves with the best home record in the Championship.

1204782040_Screenshot_20220304-225516_FlashscoreUK.thumb.jpg.a19076c8e484d6bb41f822225efd0970.jpg

Pure Cinch 😂

I was surprised when they said we had the best home ppg on tv during the match? I take it the 15:8 is goals for and against ?

11 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Impossible to watch a game on that pitch, watched 5 minutes. Dreadful stuff 

Lol, you're an Arbroath fan, aside from this season all you've ever watched is dreadful stuff on tattie fields. The Dick has gone to your heads. 

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lol, you're an Arbroath fan, aside from this season all you've ever watched is dreadful stuff on tattie fields. The Dick has gone to your heads. 

Funnily enough I actually think thistle are a good footballing side. Our pitch has never looked like that in 25 years. Think it may hamper your chances of promotion, that said it’s the same for both teams so who knows.  Shouldn’t be happening In the championship imo. It’s not even been a bad winter weather wise

10 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Slightly harsh imo. It was a difficult surface (as has been mentioned to death) and we managed to play some nice stuff on it in the first half (particularly with Connor Murray I thought) and Caley had a couple of decent bits of play in the 2nd (although struggled to find a finish). 
It was far from a classic, but I didn’t think it was that boring a game in all honesty. 

Fair enough, the pitch looked dire, and dispite the hundred miles an our lump it forward stuff it was still watchable.

The pitch was garbage but our first half performance was only marginally better. We were improved after the break and dominated most of the second half without troubling Sneddon too much. The chance for Sutherland and Doran (IIRC) were probably our best opportunities to score. Massively disappointing to concede a goal so late on especially given it was probably Partick's first shot of the second half but if you don't take your chances...

A lot of anger on Twitter and at the game towards Dodds who really should be under massive pressure now but he won't be. I suspect his job is safe until the end of the season despite this being our joint second worst ever run of form in the league (Foran 14 without a win 16/17, Butcher 11 without a win 10/11). I've said for a while we will do well to hold onto 4th spot. Starting to look further down the table now at Morton and Hamilton now. Grim.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

The pitch was garbage but our first half performance was only marginally better. We were improved after the break and dominated most of the second half without troubling Sneddon too much. The chance for Sutherland and Doran (IIRC) were probably our best opportunities to score. Massively disappointing to concede a goal so late on especially given it was probably Partick's first shot of the second half but if you don't take your chances...

A lot of anger on Twitter and at the game towards Dodds who really should be under massive pressure now but he won't be. I suspect his job is safe until the end of the season despite this being our joint second worst ever run of form in the league (Foran 14 without a win 16/17, Butcher 11 without a win 10/11). I've said for a while we will do well to hold onto 4th spot. Starting to look further down the table now at Morton and Hamilton now. Grim.

Morton starting to struggle with Imrie on the sidelines, it looks like. They were fortunate against us, scoring with their only chance of the night, that I remember. Raith seem to be suffering as well. So that just leaves Hamilton, who seem to be a bit up and down. Maybe too many points for them to try and make up on inconsistent form.

On 04/03/2022 at 21:39, North Terrace Gazza said:

That pitch is a disgrace not even junior football level. Get that sorted Thistle embarrassing for Scottish football 

What do you recommend Thistle should do to get it sorted? Genuine question.

3 hours ago, Jag71 said:

What do you recommend Thistle should do to get it sorted? Genuine question.

Relay it, forfeit the points from Friday night and give us Scott Tiffoney.

Well taking the money to allow another team to play on it wasn’t the smartest plan. It will be ironic if taking the silver costs you promotion. 
We've the best home record in the league so it isn't harming us that way. There have only been two postponements for the pitch and it's hard to tell if that effect has been more negative than the way we've spent the cash has been positive.

Not having QP renting would probably have meant no Jakubiak or Alegría.

It's not nice seeing the pitch in such a state but I don't think it's harmed us anywhere near as much as some make out.

On 07/03/2022 at 16:16, North Terrace Gazza said:

Well taking the money to allow another team to play on it wasn’t the smartest plan. It will be ironic if taking the silver costs you promotion. 

That's correct. It was a terrible decision. Although we do have the best home record in the division. 

So what do you suggest Thistle do to sort it?