Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 5th Mar

Don’t think that’s the case at all. We just cannot keep a hold of the ball for any length of time, like a hot tattie. Been like that since Hamilton at home in midweek. Glad there is a 7 day break for them now. 
Yeah I don't think that was the plan but we were definitely making sure we were tough to breakdown. Lacking a wee bit of a spark but I though young Hammy had a great game today. Jack put in a shift up front but were didn't play to his strengths today.
A great result to grind out. Hopefully Low will be fit and we can really go for it the last 8 games. Nothing to lose.

Needed that win today, brutal performance but a win’s a win.

I think in some regards that was an even tougher watch than Tuesday. Dunfermline created far more good chances than Partick although we also had a few ourselves. Maybe an early goal is bad for us (ludicrous thing to say, I know) as it’s almost as if we’re then just trying to protect the lead and shit fest our way to a win, 2 games in a row we’ve taken the lead inside 10 minutes and retreated into our shell. Thought Stewart, Chris Hamilton, Henderson, Little and Gold first half were our best players today although no one really stood out.

Can anyone put their finger on what has happened to McKenna’s form? Absolutely flying until the turn of the year and now he couldn’t trap a sack of tatties, beat a man or see a pass if his life depended on it. Even his apparently never ending supply of energy seems to be running out.

Cracking turnout today of 2141, just wish the football was a bit better to keep them coming back.

Edited by Tattie36

13 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Yeah I don't think that was the plan but we were definitely making sure we were tough to breakdown. Lacking a wee bit of a spark but I though young Hammy had a great game today. Jack put in a shift up front but were didn't play to his strengths today.
A great result to grind out. Hopefully Low will be fit and we can really go for it the last 8 games. Nothing to lose.

Yeah at the game me and my mates were talking about young Hanmy middle of the park. One minute you’re a bit unsure why he gets man of the match every week because sometimes just kicks it the direction he’s facing and treats it like a hot tattie and then the next he’s winning challenges and making massive interceptions and throwing his body on the line for the team. He was excellent today but getting on the ball and dictating play just isn’t his game and he needs someone in there who can do that. Gold is similar to the above but better when he is in possession of the football. Both covered every blade of grass and had great games but we do miss Nicky in there so much. I’m just reminiscing of him bossing games at Tannadice and Starks in my head now need him back for the run in fingers crossed 

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Needed that win today, brutal performance but a win’s a win.

I think in some regards that was an even tougher watch than Tuesday. Dunfermline created far more good chances than Partick although we also had a few ourselves. Maybe an early goal is bad for us (ludicrous thing to say, I know) as it’s almost as if we’re then just trying to protect the lead and shit fest our way to a win, 2 games in a row we’ve taken the lead inside 10 minutes and retreated into our shell. Thought Stewart, Chris Hamilton, Henderson, Little and Gold first half were our best players today although no one really stood out.

Can anyone put their finger on what has happened to McKenna’s form? Absolutely flying until the turn of the year and now he couldn’t trap a sack of tatties, beat a man or see a pass if his life depended on it. Even his apparently never ending supply of energy seems to be running out.

Cracking turnout today of 2141, just wish the football was a bit better to keep them coming back.

McKenna still been a very important player for the team, played huge part in the goal today.

I think overall the teams not been at their best going forward with the midfield being bypassed a lot and McKenna suffered from that. Think that criticism is harsh though, the amount of running he’s doing is incredible and maybe again not as noticeable when we’ve not got as much of the ball.

Also when players are doing that much running, like they were today, on a heavy park, the players further forward have a harder time of it. At the back or in midfield a lump up the pitch or a simple pass is easier than trying to score a goal or make something happen up the park

Weeks break and go again

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

McKenna still been a very important player for the team, played huge part in the goal today.

I think overall the teams not been at their best going forward with the midfield being bypassed a lot and McKenna suffered from that. Think that criticism is harsh though, the amount of running he’s doing is incredible and maybe again not as noticeable when we’ve not got as much of the ball.

Also when players are doing that much running, like they were today, on a heavy park, the players further forward have a harder time of it. At the back or in midfield a lump up the pitch or a simple pass is easier than trying to score a goal or make something happen up the park

Weeks break and go again

Perhaps my comments are a bit unfair on McKenna but he set such a high bar for himself earlier in the season that it’s very noticeable that his performances have tailed off from his usual high standard. I know he’s not getting as much time in the ball as before but (imo) he seems to have lost something when he does have it.

Weeks break and go again

100%. McKenna is still running more miles than anyone on the park.

f**k.

We were the better team overall in terms of attempts on goal, yet strangely Arbroath were pretty comfortable.

It's strange to say that when we hit the post twice and the bar once, plus another chance that went narrowly wide.

The goal was through such simple play, yet we never put together a play as simple all game.

Hughes' quadruple sub was a big chucklesome act of desperation, yet it was a change that brought on 2 defenders. Also, why the f**k did Thomas not start?! And why did he appear to be playing wing back when he came on?! On the topic of formation, what did Hughes play today?

He's an utter fucking diddy and I cannot wait until he fucks so far off from our club.

14 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Nothing to lose? Really? 

It would seem that Arbroath are riding their luck just now. 

You've had an exceptional season but Killie really have to get out of this league. 

8 cup finals to go for both clubs. 

27 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Nothing to lose? Really? 

You've had an exceptional season but Killie really have to get out of this league. 

Totally nothing to lose. Anything else we achieve this season is bonus, no pressure on us it is all for Killie to lose.

Nothing to lose? Really? 

What do we have to lose?We were most people’s favourites to go down at the start of the season, heads won’t roll if we don’t win the league [emoji23] We’re going through our worst spell of the season and have managed to get through it relatively unscathed. If Killie don’t go up they’ll be looking at their bank account like I do after a night out, hoping for the best but expecting the worst

What do we have to lose?We were most people’s favourites to go down at the start of the season, heads won’t roll if we don’t win the league [emoji23] We’re going through our worst spell of the season and have managed to get through it relatively unscathed. If Killie don’t go up they’ll be looking at their bank account like I do after a night out, hoping for the best but expecting the worst
Just do us a favour and dispatch the rest of the lower half diddies the rest of the season. Please.

27 minutes ago, keptie said:

Totally nothing to lose. Anything else we achieve this season is bonus, no pressure on us it is all for Killie to lose.

So close to the prize? Priorities change. Pressure is on Arbroath wether you want it or not. 

29 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

And your first cup finals away to Ayr - good luck with that........😊

We won the first two, lost the last one. McInnes rightly admitted that keeping 2 strikers on and going to 3 at the back, his tactical substitutions cost us the game.