Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 5th Mar

1 hour ago, keptie said:

No pressure on us, our objective has been reached. Killie don't go up = disaster. Arbroath don't go up = unlucky but a great season.

Exactly.

Now, this was real pressure. Only 6 short seasons ago.

Astonishing turn around in fortunes for us (and Montrose tbf). I remember this time whenever I’m feeling a  little disappointed in a result or performance (e.g. drawing with Partick Thistle) and reflect on just how close we were to the abyss.

ETA amazingly we had 3 starters yesterday that we’re playing for us in that horrific season - Linn, Gold and Little.

EF2C7397-4501-4D02-AC15-8EA3D2BB2E84.png

Edited by Tattie36

Why so much discussion about Kilmarnock's misfortune here? Don't know why funky monkey is trying to make us believe that there is any pressure on us. Killie fans may be struggling under the illusion that they are entitled to be in the Premiership, but an illusion is all that it is. We, on the other hand, have no such ideas. We are just enjoying this season as it unfolds. Don't give a monkey's about what Kilmarnock do or don't do.

I'm still wondering how the heck we won that game yesterday. OK, we scored and Dunfermline didn't. But they had the majority of possession, passed the ball instead of lumping it up the park and looked the better side . They were unlucky with the chances they had but as has been said, when you're struggling near the bottom of the league you don't seem to get the breaks. They started well and our goal came pretty much with our first real attack with McKenna flicking Hammy's throw in to Jack Hamilton who crossed for Gold to score. We had other chances to score but they were wasted, rather than being unlucky not to score. But in the end it's points that count and we took all 3.

Chris Hamilton must be aching today after those crunching tackles he was subject to. Could have handed out a few yellow cards for most of them. 

Good highlights package on Dunfermline’s YouTube, makes the second half look a lot more comfortable from our perspective. McKenna fluffing his lines, Hamilton & McKenna both failing to get their head up and play McKenna in & then Stewart’s run into the box all huge chances and should’ve resulted in at least another goal. Having said that, Lawless extremely unlucky his last gasp header comes back off the upright.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Killie have spunked all that money in January and are absolutely shitting themselves. There’s more pressure on them than us. 

Arbroath have no pressure on them. Finishing second will be a great achievement for them. 

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Exactly.

Astonishing turn around in fortunes for us (and Montrose tbf). I remember this time whenever I’m feeling a  little disappointed in a result or performance (e.g. drawing with Partick Thistle) and reflect on just how close we were to the abyss.

ETA amazingly we had 3 starters yesterday that we’re playing for us in that horrific season - Linn, Gold and Little.

EF2C7397-4501-4D02-AC15-8EA3D2BB2E84.png

This is now I've felt for the majority of this season to be honest. The only time I've ever really worried about the club/ games etc. outside of a Saturday was during those times where we could have dropped out the league altogether. That would've completely and utterly fucked us. The pressure was immense, and our core support that went through those times know the meaning of pressure.

Being in a title race with a 'big' team like Kilmarnock in the second tier, and watching other bigger and far more established clubs scramble around trying to work out what to do while we continue to grind out results week in week out isn't pressure. It's fucking hilarious :lol: Whatever happens from here I'm so immensely proud of everything we've done on and off the pitch over the past few years, and come May whatever happens I'll still feel that way.

If Kilmarnock don't win the league, they'll all be absolutely gutted, and also hugely embarrassed if it's to ourselves.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Funky monkey give it a rest buddy 

We are just having a right good laugh and pinching ourselves 

Pressure all on Killie 

Mon the Super Ayr Friday night 

Having a right good laugh? Aye, right. Sounds like a quote from big Yogi Hughes playbook 😂

I'm not going to be so condescending to suggest that I'd be happy if we both went up. Obviously, whoever wins the league deserves to win it 👍

However, regardless of hopes or expectations at the beginning of the season, nobody is going to convince that with 8 games to go Arbroath haven’t reevaluated the situation. 

Pressure is on for both clubs, I'll accept for vastly different reasons though. 

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

This is now I've felt for the majority of this season to be honest. The only time I've ever really worried about the club/ games etc. outside of a Saturday was during those times where we could have dropped out the league altogether. That would've completely and utterly fucked us. The pressure was immense, and our core support that went through those times know the meaning of pressure.

Being in a title race with a 'big' team like Kilmarnock in the second tier, and watching other bigger and far more established clubs scramble around trying to work out what to do while we continue to grind out results week in week out isn't pressure. It's fucking hilarious :lol: Whatever happens from here I'm so immensely proud of everything we've done on and off the pitch over the past few years, and come May whatever happens I'll still feel that way.

If Kilmarnock don't win the league, they'll all be absolutely gutted, and also hugely embarrassed if it's to ourselves.

Fair enough, but if you win it we will not be embarrassed. Nobody will grudge it if Arbroath do it. We will look in the way and evaluate what went wrong or right once the dust settles. 

6 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Dont listen to propaganda from Ayr fans. 

Of course it's important that we go up, the infrastructure of the whole club is geared for the Premier league. 

However, the once in a lifetime chance that Arbroath have given themselves piles the pressure on. 

Oh aye, that good old Ayr propaganda machine is the only reason people think killie should be winning the league at a canter with the funds they've spent. Pesky Ayr fans making up lies.  

The pressure is on killie and you know it.

Exactly.

EF2C7397-4501-4D02-AC15-8EA3D2BB2E84.thumb.png.5c5949b07da983165f30e58816a6a326.png
Took 10 points fro East Stirlingshire that season which was the difference. Little, Linn, Gold all in the squad that season.

16 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
6 hours ago, Tattie36 said:
Exactly.

EF2C7397-4501-4D02-AC15-8EA3D2BB2E84.thumb.png.5c5949b07da983165f30e58816a6a326.png

Took 10 points fro East Stirlingshire that season which was the difference. Little, Linn, Gold all in the squad that season.

Todd would have this group of players we currently have in a similar position

5 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

So should the rest of the league, tbf