7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Think if Lafferty stays fit (I'm assuming he was rested rather than injured last night)

He went off on Saturday with a groin strain. Maybe Killie have given an update on him but I wouldn’t be surprised if it covered the majority of what’s left. 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

He went off on Saturday with a groin strain. Maybe Killie have given an update on him but I wouldn’t be surprised if it covered the majority of what’s left. 

Fair enough, I'd have it slightly in Arbroaths favour if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah that's simply not true. Any of the bottom 5 are still in real danger of relegation. Morton are in the best position just now but it can turn very quickly in this division and I doubt any sane Morton fan thinks they're out the woods yet.

As someone else said, I'm still waiting for Dunfermline to kick on. I can't believe that squad of players is down there but so far they're doing their best to remain awful.

We look a far different team since our charlatan manager was canned. I still think it's probably too little too late but if we keep it as tight at the back as we have so far then you never know. This time next week could give us a better idea of how things will go. We could potentially be joint 8th, 5 points ahead of Dunfermline and 2 points behind 6th/7th. Or we could be rooted to the bottom, 4 points behind 9th.

My enthusiasm or resignation to relegation could be determined come Tuesday night...

I mean, aye it’s possible that, in the end we could see Morton and Hamilton in the bottom two, but I don’t think it’ll happen. Obviously I could be wrong, but I think that both Hamilton and Morton will do enough to stay 6th and 7th, while the other three I’m less sure of. Maybe I’m wrong though.

Also, I’m extremely hopeful that both you and the Pars lose the game in hand you have for obvious reasons. 

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Lmao

A fit Lafferty and it is Killie’s title, even without him they would probably scrape it....

As for relegation, it is between us, Dunfermline and Queens. 

Of the last nine, we have away games against Dunfermline, QOS and Morton and home games against Hamilton and Inverness. All games which we should be looking to be a bit more positive, and not just playing runners - if Bullen hasn’t learned how to do that by now then Ayr may be fucked. 

I'd be very surprised if the team that finishes 9th doesn't win the play-offs comfortably. Even Gus McPherson managed it against the same dross outfits last season FFS. 

On the other hand, I'd strongly favour the 11th placed side to win the Premiership play-offs, assuming that Dundee will finish bottom with McGhee. 

To be honest, our entire season hinges on keeping Lafferty fit. With him playing the remaining 9 games, I think we’ll be champions. Without him, playoffs at best. He’s that important. 
Anyroad, being optimistic, Killie - champions, Partick playoffs ( and I’d LOVE them to scud Dundee over 2 legs. 
Queens automatically relegated, Pars in the relegation play off, but will stay up relatively easily. 

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunfermline have signed a good player at this level in Liam Polworth.

Don’t want to be too harsh on Polworth here as our entire midfield has been a bit of a joke all season but I don’t see what Polworth brings that would leave you to class him as “good” at this level.

Decent at best may be a better description for him. I’d put him at the same level at one of his new teammates, Dom Thomas. Both could be good if they displayed their talents a bit more consistently.

33 minutes ago, Fide said:

To be honest, our entire season hinges on keeping Lafferty fit. With him playing the remaining 9 games, I think we’ll be champions. Without him, playoffs at best. He’s that important. 
Anyroad, being optimistic, Killie - champions, Partick playoffs ( and I’d LOVE them to scud Dundee over 2 legs. 
Queens automatically relegated, Pars in the relegation play off, but will stay up relatively easily. 

Steady.

You're finishing no lower than 2nd, no matter what.

Not convinced Hamilton are out of trouble yet they are probably the worst team we’ve played in the league this season. 

Hoping Arbroath can hang on for the title but think Kilmarnock will nick it sadly. 

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If we finish in 9th we'll be down, make no mistake. We don't do playoffs. Failed to get promoted I think 4 times (?) and have also been relegated once that way.

Yup. Failed to get promoted through the playoffs in:

- 94/95

- 13/14

- 17/18

- 20/21

And were relegated via the playoffs in 12/13.

Edited by DA Baracus

38 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Good to see us being written off. We looked like we're starting to gel as a team now so I'm optimistic we'll take care of whoever we get in the play-offs, and Dundee subsequently.

Yep, those zero league wins in ten games mark you out as dark horses right enough. 

Think Kilmarnock will win it (subject to the Lafferty injury question) and Arbroath will be second, get to the play-off final, and have every chance against a very probably imploding Dundee. You’d love to see it.

Two from Ayr, Dunfermline, and QoS is as far as I’d go for 9th and 10th… anything can happen here (and Morton and Hamilton are still a couple of wins from being out of it altogether).

Other thing to say is that there’s a lot of revisionism going on with regard to the play-offs: most Morton supporters had us relegated last year… but then the Cove goalie chucked one in in the semi, McGuffie pulled out a wonder goal for us, and Airdrie were out on their feet in the final 2nd leg.

Play-off final will be near enough 50-50, regardless of who’s in it and injury/fatigue/suspensions are more likely to tip the balance than strength on paper.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Yep, those zero league wins in ten games mark you out as dark horses right enough. 

The clue's in "we're starting to gel as a team...."

PS -  Your fancied Thistle were lucky to get a point against us on Saturday...

Edited by Raith_Raver

Killie will win it if Lafferty stays fit. Everyone will then go on about the part time team just running out of puff or other clichéd nonsense but it's Killie/Arbroath for 1st and 2nd and whoever finishes 2nd will make the play off final. If St. Johnstone finish bottom then Dundee will lose in the play offs. If Dundee finish bottom St. Johnstone will win in the play offs. I think one of Raith or Caley Thistle will drop into the bottom half and one of ourselves and Hamilton will make the top half. Could even nip into the play offs but neither are good enough to go up if they do manage it. No-one outside Killie or Arboath has a hope at promotion. Raith and Caley Thistle have downed tools already and Partick are on their way to doing the same and have a fixture backlog to contend with on their tottie field. Down the way Dunfermline will finish bottom. Everyone's played their "sack the gaffer" card (Ayr twice) and, too early to tell for Gibson/QotS for sure, but it seems everyone's made an improvement. Dunfermline still feel like they're one game away from disaster despite their improvement and I can see them spinning out. Too early to tell if Gibson will get them finishing above Ayr but whoever finishes 9th win in the play offs because League One is fucking honking.