Sevco 2012 v Aberdeen 1903 - Part II, Revenge of the Thread

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Congratulations, the typical Rangers deluded fan post a day after the game. Just as a matter of interest, what was the possible penalty?

Do you honestly think Arfields challenge was a Red? 

The possible penalty was Gallagher diving to block a shot and ball possibly hitting his arm. After seeing it last night I’m stil not sure if it does so no complaints about referee not giving it.

6 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

On one hand, delighted to see someone getting a yellow for this. Refs let players away with it far too often, and using the cards would stop it.

Classic Ibrox fare for the home player to then get away with it though.

This is the thing Old Firm fans don't get about the treatment they get from refs. Occasionally it's a big game-changing decision, but in general it's just the drip drip of their players being treated differently to other teams.

Ferguson sticks his foot out to block it, the Rangers player doesn't. You're very rarely going to get a yellow if you're just standing in the way for the first couple of seconds or so, but as soon as you actively kick out at it you'll get a card.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ferguson sticks his foot out to block it, the Rangers player doesn't. You're very rarely going to get a yellow if you're just standing in the way for the first couple of seconds or so, but as soon as you actively kick out at it you'll get a card.

Complete nonsense. The ball is dead and as the Aberdeen player is going to kick it, the Rangers player dances from out of the way to in the way.

It's a clear yellow and bizarre to claim otherwise. He jumps in front of the fucking ball! 😀

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Complete nonsense. The ball is dead and as the Aberdeen player is going to kick it, the Rangers player dances from out of the way to in the way.

It's a clear yellow and bizarre to claim otherwise. He jumps in front of the fucking ball! 😀

Doing that weird "you're not taking this quickly" posturing by dancing and jumping around in front of the taker and then having it blasted off you is different to it being taken and then sticking your leg out to kick it away.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Nonsense. He actively puts himself in the way.

I think you’re trying too hard to be the voice of reason when folk complain about decisions at ibrox. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Doing that weird "you're not taking this quickly" posturing by dancing and jumping around in front of the taker and then having it blasted off you is different to it being taken and then sticking your leg out to kick it away.

No, it's not. He knows he should be ten yards away and actively makes sure he's not ten yards away and in the way. You'd have a point if he hadn't moved or hadn't been looking. But he jumps in front of the taker.

I'm assuming you're on the wind-up here. It's a bizarre thing to say about an incident we can see footage of.

14 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Do you honestly think Arfields challenge was a Red? 

The possible penalty was Gallagher diving to block a shot and ball possibly hitting his arm. After seeing it last night I’m stil not sure if it does so no complaints about referee not giving it.

I'm glad you don't think that the ball hitting Gallagher's chest isn't a penalty. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, we really got away with one there.

You might have a point if anyone had suggested the incident had a material impact on the game. It’s just an example of the inconsistencies that we often see in these games.

Look back to my original post when I brought this up and I didn’t complain about the result at all.  

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

You might have a point if anyone had suggested the incident had a material impact on the game. It’s just an example of the inconsistencies that we often see in these games.

Look back to my original post when I brought this up and I didn’t complain about the result at all.  

I know, I was only jesting mate.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re going to look pretty silly when we romp home into 4th. 

Hilarious if Aberdeen actually do.

There's probably someone somewhere in Europe flicking through league tables just now looking at the Scottish one and thinking 'that looks like a great league this season'.

In reality, it's fucking pish.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hilarious if Aberdeen actually do.

There's probably someone somewhere in Europe flicking through league tables just now looking at the Scottish one and thinking 'that looks like a great league this season'.

In reality, it's fucking pish.

As a club, our best hope is that our interest in this season is over.