Should we have a friendly?

13 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Cos London is in another country and last time we played there our fans were wrongfully accused of racisim 

Actually we have played there since then a few times. That Brazil game was a home friendly for Brazil. As was the game against Nigeria. Works better for non Euro countries who have the majority of their players close to England. 

And the days out against Brazil and Nigeria were brilliant! 

Not sure if you go to games or not. I’m guessing you didn’t go to those two. Probably should leave the discussion about how good it is to the fans who did.

11 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Actually we have played there since then a few times. That Brazil game was a home friendly for Brazil. As was the game against Nigeria. Works better for non Euro countries who have the majority of their players close to England. 

And the days out against Brazil and Nigeria were brilliant! 

Not sure if you go to games or not. I’m guessing you didn’t go to those two. Probably should leave the discussion about how good it is to the fans who did.

Your right I never went to any of those games,but I have been attending home games since the nineteen eighties,absolutely no way that I was travlimg to London to get ripped off for pints and accommodation for a couple of shitty friendlies 

Well done the the rich ones that could afford it another wee badge in there glengarys to gloat about and feel more superior and Scottish to common wee Glasgow schemies such as myself 

I have assumed that there will be no game next Thursday.  Fortunately I am going to Glasgow for work next Thurs and Friday anyway (obviously was to coincide with the Ukraine game and get travel and hotel on expenses.....) so I do not have to change my plans.

I have no appetite for friendlies to be honest but would possibly go to Hampden if perhaps a sizeable percentage of gate receipts were to o to Ukraine charities.....otherwise I would rather our players have a rest.

Would love to be given an idea of what June dates they are considering for the Ukraine game (which may never take place unfortunately)  7th would make sense as that was a NL match v Ukraine at Hampden anyway

It's understandable that Poland are fighting for a home game with Scotland given they have their playoff final at home. I think if a financial agreement can be arranged with Scotland it would make sense to hold the game in Poland because if we were in their shoes we would want the same solution.

Genuinly interested to see his squad,now the injuries are mounting up on top of him,we have some really good options to bring in even if they don't play,see what there like about the squad and at training

We usually only play with one up anyway so Adams and Brown you would think would make it and maybe one other CF/striker 

Patterson isn't playing does Hickey come in for him?

Does another center back come in to replace Cooper maybe someone new?

Jack for Turnbull know there different types of midfielders but we need solid spine in our midfield no matter who starts or comes on to beat the Poles and Turnbull is injured 

Edited by General dissaray