Pars vs Morton #footballforafiver

50 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

as good as we did for spells and as neat and tidy in possession we are, we are still shite. 

Glass half-empty eh?

Why not build on the positive (your open play tonight) and cut out the negative.....that being your failure to capitalise on open-play domination to get to the by-line and whip in the cross instead of tippy-tap fitba across the 18yard line?

Just my thoughts.

Absolutely take the point. That would have been 3 or 4 under Gus.

Wasn't pretty but defended very well and for all their pressure,Hamilton didn't have that much to do.

If Killie take care of Queens it's a decent weekend for us and we will be all but safe.

Beat Ayr at Cappielow next weekend and it's job done for Dougie and he can start planning for next season. 

I'm not gonnae quote anyone, but my tuppence worth is... We stole a point today, but at this stage of the game, every point is a prisoner. Would genuinely have taken a point before the game and we fought for everything for most of the game, however, the equaliser was coming. 

Morton are pretty shite but well organised. That's what you need in this league.

We try to play like peak Messi era Barcelona but struggle to carry any attacking threat as it means having an extra central midfielder and playing one up top with no support.

Iain Wilson evern said post match that we were predictable with our passing until we put two and went more direct up top last 10 mins.

Edited by Chubbychops

18 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

I think you're wrong.

I think you'll beat Patrick Fissul on Tuesday.

Easy to get hoodwinked by our keep the ball tactics. We will go 1 up top with no support, pass like fuk  to no effect then lose some soft goals. That's the Yogi way

Sorry Dunfermline fans but I see far too many similarities to your team to our 2015-16 side that went down:

• Start the Season with a shit manager (Grant) and then swap for a bampot (Yogi) in denial
  • Fans having a (rightful) go at the manager after getting humped by the club in the league with the smallest budget
  • Lots of pressure in games without being to convert into goals and wins
  • Not getting the break of the ball or a bit of luck (corners being awarded as goal kicks)
  • A very shite Centre Backing pairing - Coll fucking Donaldson being the common denominator 
  • A goalkeeper that's prone to occasional howler
  • Finding new and exciting ways to lose football matches.
  • Having a special "our season starts now" deal to get a big crowd in only to not capitalise on it.

Nothing against the Pars, but can't see yous escaping this.

Sorry Dunfermline fans but I see far too many similarities to your team to our 2015-16 side that went down:
  • Start the Season with a shit manager (Grant) and then swap for a bampot (Yogi) in denial
  • Fans having a (rightful) go at the manager after getting humped by the club in the league with the smallest budget
  • Not getting the break of the ball or a bit of luck (corners being awarded as goal kicks)
  • A very shite Centre Backing pairing - Coll fucking Donaldson being the common denominator 
  • Having a special "our season starts now" deal to get a big crowd in only to not capitalise on it.

I have my worries but Coll Donaldson has actually been decent since coming in for us. Dealt with most trouble coming his way and is more “no nonsense” than Efe. I can definitely see us going down but Donaldson is a world away from our biggest issue right now

6 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Lots of sense here but Coll Donaldson is good for us. He's quick, gets stuck in, decent on the ball (at this level), decent in the air and what makes him looks even better is Efe fuckin Ambrose doing River Dance all game. 

Along with Pybus and Thomas he'll be a loss next year but none of them are league one players so good luck to 'em.