Kilmarnock v QOTS

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Not disappointed with the result as I never expected anything from this, particularly with our injury list. Being within 10 minutes of a priceless point is tough though .... it's the hope that kills as the saying goes.

Onwards to the next game and hopefully a stronger starting 11.

No consolation for you Otis but for me one of the pillars of the laws of physics stays intact. Hope you guys stay up.

33 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Not sour grapes but that confirmed my view from televised matches that Killie are bang average at best.Most pundits seem to have Killie nailed on for title but I don’t see Arbroath going away and they will honestly never have another chance like this to do the unthinkable. Killie were wasteful in first half but I thought our second half rally merited a point.

Typical of us - just when the opposition have run out of ideas we somehow find a way to lose the match late on. This type of horrible ending is now so deeply ingrained that when the inevitable happens there is a general acceptance of just another day out as a long suffering Queens supporter.

We gave it a go second half but the reality is that this we simply cannot go on losing game after game and somehow expect Dunfermline to do likewise. Hamilton away next is another bogey ground and there will come a time soon when we will surely run out of games. Should have a stronger squad next week but Hamilton have been one of the best teams that I have seen this season so optimism is in pretty short supply I’m afraid.

Bold = agree

Underline and italic = batshit crazy

Edited by Nutz_the_Squirrel

39 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Not sour grapes but that confirmed my view from televised matches that Killie are bang average at best.Most pundits seem to have Killie nailed on for title but I don’t see Arbroath going away and they will honestly never have another chance like this to do the unthinkable. Killie were wasteful in first half but I thought our second half rally merited a point.

Typical of us - just when the opposition have run out of ideas we somehow find a way to lose the match late on. This type of horrible ending is now so deeply ingrained that when the inevitable happens there is a general acceptance of just another day out as a long suffering Queens supporter.

We gave it a go second half but the reality is that this we simply cannot go on losing game after game and somehow expect Dunfermline to do likewise. Hamilton away next is another bogey ground and there will come a time soon when we will surely run out of games. Should have a stronger squad next week but Hamilton have been one of the best teams that I have seen this season so optimism is in pretty short supply I’m afraid.

That’s a bit of a stretch to say you merited a point. Killie did deserve to win, and with some composure would have won with a much bigger margin. What you might be able to say without much fear of contradiction is that Queens heads did not go  down, and did look a bit dangerous on the break. 
I was relieved when we scored but I wasn’t overly surprised.

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Queens were dreadful in the first half, comfortably the worst performance I’ve witnessed this season. That said, they improved markedly in the second, without really worrying us.

Nice finish for their goal.

Gibson is still a wee dirty shite.

A bit harsh saying Queens were dreadful in the first half, although Josh Rae had a few decent saves. I'm sure other teams have played similarly at Rugby Park against Killie. 

Queens were a lot better second half when Cochrane got on just before the equaliser from Roy and for the next 10 minutes or so. 

Also thought that Josh Todd was fouled on the edge of the penalty box before Killie counter-attacked to score the winner.

By the way, Gibson is class...

32 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

That’s a bit of a stretch to say you merited a point. Killie did deserve to win, and with some composure would have won with a much bigger margin. What you might be able to say without much fear of contradiction is that Queens heads did not go  down, and did look a bit dangerous on the break. 

I thought Queens also merited a draw although half of Killie's chances 9 from 18 were off target, with Josh Rae having a few decent one-on-one saves, especially in the first half.

Queens battled well 2nd half, especially after Cochrane got on. Wasn't too impressed with Lafferty on today's performance for Killie.

8 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

I thought Queens also merited a draw although half of Killie's chances 9 from 18 were off target, with Josh Rae having a few decent one-on-one saves, especially in the first half.

Queens battled well 2nd half, especially after Cochrane got on. Wasn't too impressed with Lafferty on today's performance for Killie.

What a load of shite. Nowhere near merited a draw.

Lafferty played well with no rewards, he’s a better team player than he’s given credit for. Best striker in the league by a mile.

58 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Bold = agree

Underline and italic = batshit crazy

The only thing that I saw today that was in your words  “batshit crazy” was the idiotic decision to dramatically reduce the width of the pitch on both sides. Presumably this was done while you were in the Premier League to drag better teams down to the same level as you? 

The problem is that you have comfortably the biggest budget in this league, should have the best squad and surely it would make sense to make the pitch as big as possible to take advantage of having better players. Strange indeed - don’t not know who thought that was a good idea.

1 hour ago, NFL12 said:

We had two great chances second half in addition to the goal we scored and several other dangerous attacks. You had a fair amount of territorial pressure but had lost your way in the second half. Never fear though our defence will part like the Red Sea when our opponents need a lifeline. It doesn’t really matter who deserves what - the result is all that matters and we continually find a way to eke out the worst possible result from the days proceedings week after week.Dunfermline are doing their level best to make it interesting at the bottom but the wooden spoon beckons unless we can somehow turn things around.

33 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Lafferty played well with no rewards, he’s a better team player than he’s given credit for. Best striker in the league by a mile.

Well I still thought Queens could've gained a point...

Lafferty kept flinging his arms about...

1 hour ago, NFL12 said:

38 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I would say at the end of the game Queens were unlucky not to hold on for a draw. However, we were incredibly lucky that it was only 1-0 when we equalised.

Kilmarnock were the better team but the saves Rae made were fairly routine and at no point did it look like Killie had it in them to take the game away.