Cheltenham Festival 2022

just me 2

No great shakes, but still in the game. E/W Yankee as below.

image.png.89d28ca11a5fab075eef951e55350274.png

Free bets gone for Eldorado Allen without the two favs at 4/1 - £5 win and Cat Tiger at 20/1 - £2.50 E/W.

4 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

Gutted for Tiger Roll in the Glenfarclas Cross Country.

Was half expecting Jack to take a bit of a pull on Delta Work on the run in when it looked clear that Tiger would win the race if he didn't.  Davy looked gutted that he didn't get the win and after the drift to 10/3 I had a wee nibble on him so wasn't too happy either bit more so for the horse than myself.

Shishkin was a bit of a disaster for me today as he let down 3 doubles, and Bravemansgame getting withdrawn and killing the price for L'Homme Presse wasn't ideal either, although can't blame Nicholls given the farce the ground conditions ended up.  

Only returns were Funambule Sivola (e/w without Shishkin or Enurgemene), Ashdale Bob (e/w) and a quite frankly stupid free £1 bet from Ladbrokes on Commander of Fleet at 66/1.  

Slightly down for the Festival but still in the acceptable loss side of things.  Hopefully things pick up the next two days.

Shishkin killed me yesterday, although ended up throwing some cash at Facile Vega in the last which worked out pretty well given the drift before the off. 

Struggled to choose between GDC and Bob Ollinger but I've opted for the former (so the latter will definitely now win) in a double with Allaho. Will probably just pick out a e/w L15 from the other races today unless anything jumps out at me. 

Antepost wise today I've only got 3:

Dame de Compeigne in the Pertemps

Flooring Porter to land 2 doubles in the Stayers

A stupid e/w on Busselton in the Turners that has no chance.

Random selections to be made from:

1.30 - Just using Skybets offer and will take whichever of Gallopin and Bob are the biggest price.

2.10- Dunboyne / Tullybeg

2.50 - Fanion D'Estruval e/w (or Shan Blue if he drifts a litle more)

3.30- Paisley Park / Song for Someone

4.10 - Adrimel / Imperial Alcazar

4.50 - Party Central / Impervious

5.30 - Mister Fogpatches / Come On Teddy / Elegant Escape

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Ignored the tipsters today and just went for horses that look to have done well on heavy ground. 50p ew Yankee

image.png.cf9e8c5a1b3056a433dda6241f386986.png

Heading back towards good today. Good to soft at worst. 

5 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

Shishkin killed me yesterday, although ended up throwing some cash at Facile Vega in the last which worked out pretty well given the drift before the off. 

Struggled to choose between GDC and Bob Ollinger but I've opted for the former (so the latter will definitely now win) in a double with Allaho. Will probably just pick out a e/w L15 from the other races today unless anything jumps out at me. 

I feel your pain! 

4 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

Cracking run on Flooring Porter. 

An astoundingly good ride by Danny Mullins.

Between that and the exceptional stroke of luck in the first race with GDC falling meaning I got both Bob as a winner and that horrific Busselton e/w returning money I'm in a good position ahead of the final day.  Going to be sensible and cash out a few accounts tonight so that even without a single return tomorrow I will be left up for the week and anything tomorrow is an added bonus.

My other bets today were pretty poor tbh, even adding Mister Coffey in for the last race didn't get me anything but after FP can't say I really care too much.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, rydo1982 said:

Between that and the exceptional stroke of luck in the first race with GDC falling meaning I got both Bob as a winner and that horrific Busselton e/w returning money I'm in a good position ahead of the final day.  Going to be sensible and cash out a few accounts tonight so that even without a single return tomorrow I will be left up for the week and anything tomorrow is an added bonus.

My other bets today were pretty poor tbh, even adding Mister Coffey in for the last race didn't get me anything but after FP can't say I really care too much.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

What have you got on tomorrow?

34 minutes ago, rydo1982 said:

Between that and the exceptional stroke of luck in the first race with GDC falling meaning I got both Bob as a winner and that horrific Busselton e/w

How did you manage that in a 4 horse race?

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

How did you manage that in a 4 horse race?

Put the bet on Monday when the field hadn't been declared so was still antepost rules (but with NRNB concession).  It was a complete muck up on my part because I thought it was 3 places and it had been cut to 2 by time I put bet on as it was pretty obvious that it was going to end up a really small field once L'Homme Presse headed to the Brown Advisory.

Such a bad bet to have made but there was no cash out option on it once I realised my mistake - only noticed it when I went to back another of the rags at that point.

10 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

What have you got on tomorrow?

Still to look at the handicaps but will post them up shortly.

Antepost bets for today are pretty much all in the Triumph

Vauban and Pied Piper both backed at double figures (16's for Vauban and 12's for Pied Piper) as well as Porticello @ 25's as well although went off him a bit.

Minella Indo doubled with Pied Piper in a special is the other one I've got

1.30 - Given current position I'll likely put Skybet offer onto Il Etait Temps or Fil D'or.

2.10 - I Like To Move It / My Mate Mozzie / Tax for Max

2.50- Minella Cocooner / Bardenstown Lad (e/w).  I'll also likely fling the Ladbrokes £1 free bet on a 50's or bigger shot here given the race's history for decent priced winners - Green Book or Idas Boy likely to be the pick for that.

3.30- Tempted to put a small bet on Royal Pagaille given Venetia's form but he'd prefer worse ground so will make a late price based play.  If PP doesn't win the Triumph I'll likely take Minella Indo

4.10-  Bob & Co.  Then an e/w effort to be decided closer to the time but possibly Mighty Stowaway since Codd is on board.

4.50- Vienna Court (e/w).  Not a race I particularly like though.  If Elimay was to drift to somewhere near 3's then I'd consider her but don't see that price being available.

5.30-  Chemical Energy / Cobblers Dream

3 hours ago, rydo1982 said:

Antepost bets for today are pretty much all in the Triumph

Vauban and Pied Piper both backed at double figures (16's for Vauban and 12's for Pied Piper) as well as Porticello @ 25's as well although went off him a bit.

Minella Indo doubled with Pied Piper in a special is the other one I've got

1.30 - Given current position I'll likely put Skybet offer onto Il Etait Temps or Fil D'or.

2.10 - I Like To Move It / My Mate Mozzie / Tax for Max

2.50- Minella Cocooner / Bardenstown Lad (e/w).  I'll also likely fling the Ladbrokes £1 free bet on a 50's or bigger shot here given the race's history for decent priced winners - Green Book or Idas Boy likely to be the pick for that.

3.30- Tempted to put a small bet on Royal Pagaille given Venetia's form but he'd prefer worse ground so will make a late price based play.  If PP doesn't win the Triumph I'll likely take Minella Indo

4.10-  Bob & Co.  Then an e/w effort to be decided closer to the time but possibly Mighty Stowaway since Codd is on board.

4.50- Vienna Court (e/w).  Not a race I particularly like though.  If Elimay was to drift to somewhere near 3's then I'd consider her but don't see that price being available.

5.30-  Chemical Energy / Cobblers Dream

Cheers for that, helped pop my free tenner with McBookies away without time to study all the horses. 

image.png.ac102ebf75d821f8c7dce1cb152e9421.png

Plus my free singles only fiver with Bet365 at better odds..

image.png.7a54d6c754356e162067bfc075a07382.png

Edited by welshbairn