Arbroath v Ayr

7 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

LD was excellent yesterday when he came on and he deserves the praise he's getting for the way he played, however I have to say the highlighted bit here is full on outrageous to me.

Are you genuinely using a solitary U20s game, which took place SIX years ago, to prove a point in the day and now?! That really is the opposite end of the scale from the phrase 'a player is only as good as his last game'! :blink:

I'm not criticising LD here but if we're wanting to speak about LD's ability in front of goal and him being 'one of the most composed players in the team' we should look at more recent games/ seasons/ senior football games. The last two chances LD had to stick the ball in the net, against Clyde and against Kilmarnock, he was very much odds on to score in both instances. On both occaisions he missed the target completely.

I've no issue with LD - I appreciate he brings certain things to the team that others don't, and does some stuff that goes unnoticed but the majority. He also has the ability to create chances and space out of nothing due to his quick feet - all good stuff. :)

Guess you're either in the Luke camp or you're not

If we can keep producing a performance like we did in the 2nd half we are going to have a nail biting end to the season - great to see the team playing with confidence and building up the momentum for the final 6 games.

Think this result and 2nd half performance has arrived at just the right time - every single player was looking sharp, doing their part and desperate for the win.

A great team performance with ever player fighting and battling for every ball all over the park - we have a team of winners who hate losing.

Roll on the next 6 games - it's going to be a real roller coaster of a finish.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:
17 hours ago, stan3600 said:

But that was a classic Donnelly performance. Great feet and gets into dangerous positions but the final ball or shot is never right. He just freezes. Still, a very decent contribution today.

Just noticed this disgrace of a post. You really are a clown. LD did very well when introduced but you probably didn’t notice that as you were to busy looking for faults. 

Guess I'd better look out the big shoes, baggy trousers and red nose because I'm with Stan on this one. Donnelly did OK when he came on, a few flicks and he beat his marker couple of times and then, well nothing really. 

It's pretty clear that I'm not a fan of Donnelly but if he plays well I'm happy to mention it. I think it's maybe his body language on the pitch that can put people off him. He tends to look tired and slow to react. It's been said that he hasn't been played in his best position, which is...? I don't know and wonder if the manager actually knows. 

What a terrible highlights package that is. Don't show the only Ayr shot on target. Don't show Hamilton chance first half, don't show the red card. Don't show the Little header. Don't show the chance near the end. Don't show any of Donnely after all the talk on here about him.

9 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Are you genuinely using a solitary U20s game, which took place SIX years ago, to prove a point in the day and now?! 

Since you want to be a douche and want more detail then fair play.

Quarter final that year against Hamilton he scored twice

https://videocelts.com/2015/05/blogs/younghoops/six-goal-final-push-delights-frail/

Semi againt Hibs he got 4

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/hoops-dismantle-hibs-at-cappielow/

He also scored in the Final, Kevin Mbabu was man marking him and got hooked at half time.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-5-2-rangers-rampant-celts-win-youth-cup-1504382

He was also due to go on Loan to Morton in the summer of 2015, but Celtic kept him with the first team squad, and didnt want to loan him out at that point.  He played several pre season games before getting injured but was included in Celtics 25 man Europa League Squad that season too.

So no i'm not basing it on one game at all, you made an assumption i was, but thats your assumption, but posting links just to clarify that it was certainly more than one game im basing these Facts on.

Your not telling me,  you come through the ranks at Celtic, play for the first team in pre season games, earn yourself a 3/4 year deal as a professional at a team like Celtic if your some kind of idiot. 

You are aware that many footballers will miss chances, thats the nature of the game, are you counting anyone elses misses too? Seems rather bizzare you pull up a couple of misses he has made in recent weeks. When hes been out of the team for months ( which of course happens ) that is football. 

Clearly you dont rate him, and thats your opinion, but as others stated, people like yourself are trying to find faults. 

Rather than him just having a good game when he came on, you get the whole personal thing going on about his build, body language and so on, and as others have stated, thats called fault finding and if thats how you base your judgement on any of the players fair play, whatever tickles your fancy. 

The minute he plays well your happy to say he done so ( along with digs ) and when others dont play so well time and time again, its ok because you kinda like them guys :D 

As i said earlier, thank f**k you dont pick the team.

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 20.19.35.png

17 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

https://videocelts.com/2015/05/blogs/younghoops/six-goal-final-push-delights-frail/

He also scored in the Final, Kevin Mbabu was man marking him and got hooked at half time.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-5-2-rangers-rampant-celts-win-youth-cup-1504382

He was also due to go on Loan to Morton in the summer of 2015, but Celtic kept him with the first team squad, and didnt want to loan him out at that point.  He played several pre season games before getting injured but was included in Celtics 25 man Europa League Squad that season too.

So no i'm not basing it on one game at all, you made an assumption i was, but thats your assumption, but posting links just to clarify that it was certainly more than one game im basing these Facts on.

Your not telling me,  you come through the ranks at Celtic, play for the first team in pre season games, earn yourself a 3/4 year deal as a professional at a team like Celtic if your some kind of idiot. 

You are aware that many footballers will miss chances, thats the nature of the game, are you counting anyone elses misses too? Seems rather bizzare you pull up a couple of misses he has made in recent weeks. When hes been out of the team for months ( which of course happens ) that is football. 

Clearly you dont rate him, and thats your opinion, but as others stated, people like yourself are trying to find faults. 

Rather than him just having a good game when he came on, you get the whole personal thing going on about his build, body language and so on, and as others have stated, thats called fault finding and if thats how you base your judgement on any of the players fair play, whatever tickles your fancy. 

The minute he plays well your happy to say he done so ( along with digs ) and when others dont play so well time and time again, its ok because you kinda like them guys :D 

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 20.19.35.png

All of this was six years ago in U20 football. You've also said....' Seems rather bizzare you pull up a couple of misses he has made in recent weeks. ' during an entire post talking about games in 2015?!

9 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I've no issue with LD - I appreciate he brings certain things to the team that others don't, and does some stuff that goes unnoticed but the majority. He also has the ability to create chances and space out of nothing due to his quick feet - all good stuff. :)

That's my only comments on LD, plus additional positive comments on how he played yesterday.

'Rather than him just having a good game when he came on, you get the whole personal thing going on about his build, body language and so on, and as others have stated, thats called fault finding and if thats how you base your judgement on any of the players fair play, whatever tickles your fancy. '

Literally nothing whatsoever I've said has anything to do with any of this. Just random defence of somewhere where that hasn't been any attack.

You're dragging up U20 football from 6/7 years ago and defending someone when they've been praised, and bizarelly having a go at me when I've said nothing but positive things about him.... my only point really is that it's absurd to talk about games from 2015 to big up a player.... that doesn't help him. He's been playing football for 7 years since then - and he's had plenty of good games and positives to speak about in that time rather than talking about youth football! :blink: 

Edited by SimonLichtie

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Also not at all surprised that

Nicky Low starts 

Nicky Low gets MOTM

Arbroath FC win 

Simples, as some meerkat once said

15 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

It was me that mentioned body language and I said that it MIGHT be that that puts some off LD. Yes he did OK when he came on but I wouldn't say he was any better than that, he certainly wasn't outstanding. 

Regarding his time at Celtic, it's easy to look a good player when you are in a team of good players. And scoring goals in a youth team years ago is pretty irrelevant to his present situation. Why wasn't he signed by a full time Premiership or Championship club when he left Celtic? Did they not see any potential? 

I had high hopes when he signed for us, but he's shown that he's not a player who can change the game when he starts a game, or make a big impact when he comes on as a sub. I keep coming back to the fact that he does OK but, and there's always a but, with his background and experience he should be more than just doing OK.

16 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I’m as big an LD fan as anyone but goals scored in youth football mean, and count, for f**k all. And ultimately as a forward he has scored 0 league goals so yeah the chances he misses will be brought up

Im guessing the 3 goals in first 5 starts this season also counts for f**k all. ( oh there cup games they dont count )

So yeah in terms of league games hes been played out left for 11 of his 18 games he has played, hes played about 3 games up top on his own.

Nouble 20 games 4 goals

Wighton 8 games 0 goals ( in the league ) 

Hilson has simply been left to rot

Hamilton of course has been banging them in and all praise deserved.

Id assume him being played wide left were expecting goals from him

Wighton has started 8 league games in a row, and not scored a goal.

So my point here is, its one rule for one player, and another rule for another, certain guys are not looking at this across the board.

The main point here is, the original poster was going hard on LD for no real reason other than nit picking, nit picking can come from all angles.