Cowdenbeath -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 19 March 2022)

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Alkamhenze hasn't kicked a ball in anger for months so I can understand him being on the bench. I would agree the boy looks decent. 

Yeah, I get that, but when we are so poor, why not play these guys from the start. The alternative is more of the dross we dish out week after week, where we don't look even remotely dangerous. We just lump balls in the air or overhit them. Barrowman was looking for the ball on the ground and every time it came near him it was about 20 feet in the air. The standard in the league (apart from Kelty) is pretty poor and Forfar and Stenny were there for the taking in these last 2 games.

If we hadn't brought the subs on today, we could have played all night and not threatened to score. In the few minutes Aikamhenze got against Forfar, you could see he has ability.

It’s clear to see when they are on that we lost all shape. Could hear McGurn screaming at Sammy to get in.

I know when they were on we created chances but it was all break aways. They’d cost you when the other team have possession. Also not convinced they have any ability. A bit pace and power which caused problems. Sammy’s fresh air and Kris’s 1on1 shows the lack of ability.

You’d maybe get away with one in the team. Maybe. Think they are 20 minutes players. Shoulda been on Tuesday night with 20 to go.

Seen Stenny three times and outside of us, are the worst I’ve seen. Nae idea how they are pushing play-offs. Don’t think McDowall made a save all game.

Woeful basic defending costs points again though. Two boys coulda knocked in the winner.

My eyes are bleeding. Honest to God that was one of the worst games of so called professional football I have ever seen. Both teams sole tactic was to kick the ball to the corner and hope for a thrown in so they can then chuck it in the box and hope for the best. Which is how we scored inevitably from, I think, our first shot on target.

45 minutes ago, StevieLes II said:

It’s clear to see when they are on that we lost all shape. Could hear McGurn screaming at Sammy to get in.

I know when they were on we created chances but it was all break aways. They’d cost you when the other team have possession. Also not convinced they have any ability. A bit pace and power which caused problems. Sammy’s fresh air and Kris’s 1on1 shows the lack of ability.

You’d maybe get away with one in the team. Maybe. Think they are 20 minutes players. Shoulda been on Tuesday night with 20 to go.

Seen Stenny three times and outside of us, are the worst I’ve seen. Nae idea how they are pushing play-offs. Don’t think McDowall made a save all game.

Woeful basic defending costs points again though. Two boys coulda knocked in the winner.

Maybe so, but as someone said recently, what is the point of keeping shape when we offer sweet FA upfront. The aim is to score goals. Not look organised and lose. Which is what we are doing most weeks. You don't get bonus points for losing 1-0.

Sammy and Chris cause problems when on and without them we look like a bunch of geriatrics. I am not yet convinced on the ability side either. Sammy only had to scoop the ball in after great work by Ferguson and Chris really should have stroked that chance home, instead he lifted straight into the keeper. However, that may be just down to lack of game time and maybe trying too hard to impress in the short time they are on. Only time will tell on that front.

Was a terrible game for 70 minutes, but when Cowden started to show some urgency at 0-0 it got better.

Awful to lose goal in last 30 seconds, why did Ross not bring the subs on that had been waiting for minutes, the ball had been out a number of times and the opportunity was there? It could have run the clock down just a bit more and made a difference.

I know Cammy Gill didn’t deal with the first Forfar goal well on Tuesday, but I wouldn’t have dropped him. Hard to make a judgement on McDowall he had virtually nothing to do until the goal, not sure about his positioning for that, but we were up the other end and I might be being unfair.  His defence let him down there as well.

It's hard to play decent football on that surface. It truly is. Tight pitch with it being rutted is not conducive to attractive football. It's about territory and managing situations. Having good shape and being organised. Cowden were the better at both.

The subs brought on made an impact. Huge impact. Could they start a game (no). 

Stenny and I'm no just saying this for bites are nowhere near good enough to go up however I would give ma right baw to b where they are instead of us. I think every team has a team they hate playing and we r that team for them. I'm confident they will b better against other teams.

We have to win that game just have too. 2 one on ones and 1 cut back miss is major chances.

No failures today but again a kick in the stanes last seconds of the game. We should have been 2 up. 

Goalkeeper for us had no serious stuff to do. Great talker though.

Gutted for the players and management as they deserved those much sought after 3 points.

Maybe so, but as someone said recently, what is the point of keeping shape when we offer sweet FA upfront. The aim is to score goals. Not look organised and lose. Which is what we are doing most weeks. You don't get bonus points for losing 1-0.

Sammy and Chris cause problems when on and without them we look like a bunch of geriatrics. I am not yet convinced on the ability side either. Sammy only had to scoop the ball in after great work by Ferguson and Chris really should have stroked that chance home, instead he lifted straight into the keeper. However, that may be just down to lack of game time and maybe trying too hard to impress in the short time they are on. Only time will tell on that front.

Aye, I hear you. We’re fucked if we do cos we’ll probably get battered. We’re fucked if we don’t cos we’ll probably no score goals.

Just think they’re typical sub players who make a difference against a tired stretch defence. From the start they’ll offer little and be a liability without the ball.

Although I suppose currently, there’s nothing to lose giving them a chance.

Ompreon getting MOM is just a joke. What for - running about?

He had two golden chances to win that today, the only thing missing was a red carpet to welcome the ball into the net. Same for the other new boy.

They just looked frantic and I felt Stenny contributed to that with several defensive errors.

It didn’t affect the result but would not have dropped Gill.

Missing all of the chances did affect the result and giving away a soft did too that’s the story of many games recently.

2 hours ago, wulliemc said:

Ompreon getting MOM is just a joke. What for - running about?

He had two golden chances to win that today, the only thing missing was a red carpet to welcome the ball into the net. Same for the other new boy.

They just looked frantic and I felt Stenny contributed to that with several defensive errors.

It didn’t affect the result but would not have dropped Gill.

Missing all of the chances did affect the result and giving away a soft did too that’s the story of many games recently.

Probably the strangest MOM ever, must have got it for winning the penalty😀

32 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

The really funny thing is that after this season you might actually never get to play us again.

He has got a point though out of the play off hopefuls Stenny are the worst.

Pishing myself laughing at the thought of never playing Stenny again sure life will go on.

3 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

The really funny thing is that after this season you might actually never get to play us again.

I’m sure that we will play you in the Lowland League in a few years if, as expected, we are relegated and the club continues to operate. 
Perhaps Stenny might actually win a league title but I’m fairly certain that I will have been dead for at least 50 years if that actually happens. Every cloud as they say ;) 

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

He has got a point though out of the play off hopefuls Stenny are the worst.

Pishing myself laughing at the thought of never playing Stenny again sure life will go on.

We aren't though. If we get in there we will probably win them. We have scuddied Forfar and Annan all season and are unbeaten against both. 9th in the league above will be a canter.

Do we deserve to get there though if all we can muster is a draw against ten men Edinburgh and that vile performance yesterday against a rugby team?

Probably not.

Absolutely nobody said it was. For the type of side Cowdenbeath are I thought they deserved to win the game.

Definitely will be in with a shout of top four in Lowland League. It should be wide open once Bonnyrigg go up.