Arbroath v Rovers

20 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

From 1-3 up to 3-3 aye that’s a great result🤣🤣

5th choice centre back and a left back in the centre of defence. I'm amazed we got anything out of that game. Has to be seen as a positive. 

As above, the lack of balance in midfield is I think key to our issues. Like Hendry, Spencer was good at dropping in when the full backs push on. Stanton is a good player but he's not a like for like dropping in for Brad Spencer. It also doesn't help that Liam Dick is a fraction of the player Keiran McDonald was for us last season.

There is still a faint hope that we might make the play offs, and we still have Thistle to play. Need to urgently put some wins on the board now, however. 

Seems likely we will stick with the two up front now, Poplatnik is like a brand new player all of a sudden.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

You must be gutted that we got a result today.  

Aye this guys 'positive thoughts' is really starting to piss me off

Edited by keyser_soze

28 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Aye this guys 'positive thoughts' is really starting to piss me off

I’ve tried to be positive, Lafferty was training with us, we obviously had the money to sign him and yet we signed Goodwillie, what positives were gleaned from that??

Edited by baillieinleeds

33 minutes ago, renton said:

5th choice centre back and a left back in the centre of defence. I'm amazed we got anything out of that game. Has to be seen as a positive. 

As above, the lack of balance in midfield is I think key to our issues. Like Hendry, Spencer was good at dropping in when the full backs push on. Stanton is a good player but he's not a like for like dropping in for Brad Spencer. It also doesn't help that Liam Dick is a fraction of the player Keiran McDonald was for us last season.

There is still a faint hope that we might make the play offs, and we still have Thistle to play. Need to urgently put some wins on the board now, however. 

Seems likely we will stick with the two up front now, Poplatnik is like a brand new player all of a sudden.

I really feel for Poplatnik, a reduced role for all the time he’s been with us. I still don’t know why?!?

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

So the Raithrovers.net updates call him Poppy now, after you lot told me not to do that…I should sue!😂😂😂

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

You still shouldn't tbh

As long as you don't call Goodwillie Rapey? 🤣

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’ve tried to be positive, Lafferty was training with us, we obviously had the money to sign him and yet we signed Goodwillie, what positives were gleaned from that??

I'm not sure we can make the jump from he was training with us, therefore we had the money to sign him.

The football gods giveth and they taketh away. Went up there with no hope of winning that game and feared the worst at 1 down after 90 seconds. But we done well enough to get back in to it. Going 2 and then 3 up was a great feeling, but at the back of my mind was the soft goals we have given away so far this season. All season long we haven’t dealt with set pieces, crosses or long balls in particular and that was our undoing again. Definitely an opportunity missed to pull level with partick.

On 21/03/2022 at 12:14, baillieinleeds said:

I can see this as open season, the injuries and sendings off will affect us badly. Arbroath will destroy what’s left of the squad we assemble. I won’t be tuning to watch that. 

On 22/03/2022 at 05:08, baillieinleeds said:

I’ll go with your last sentence, it’ll basically be a backs to the wall scenario.  This squad have absolutely no back bone for a battle, how many goals will Arbroath score who knows!! 

On 22/03/2022 at 18:19, baillieinleeds said:

Arbroath are twice the team we are. They’re a team, we’re a squad big difference. 

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Oh dear, it’s a case of how many we lose. 

Seriously mate, how can you go from this pre match and after 60 seconds to then raging at the team and manager for only getting a point?

Yeah, it’s frustrating to throw away a lead but we were playing a 5th choice centre back and a left back in the middle of defence, given the defence it was entirely reasonable to expect they would still struggle to hold out, even with a lead, against the top scorers in the league and a side that haven’t lost at home since the opening day of the season. A point is a good result in the circumstances.

I’m all for constructive criticism and the manager deserves to come under scrutiny given our run since December but you can’t be that negative pre match about our chances and then state after the game that you think a draw isn’t a good result, it just comes across as over the top and needless negativity.

27 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Seriously mate, how can you go from this pre match and after 60 seconds to then raging at the team and manager for only getting a point?

Yeah, it’s frustrating to throw away a lead but we were playing a 5th choice centre back and a left back in the middle of defence, given the defence it was entirely reasonable to expect they would still struggle to hold out, even with a lead, against the top scorers in the league and a side that haven’t lost at home since the opening day of the season. A point is a good result in the circumstances.

I’m all for constructive criticism and the manager deserves to come under scrutiny given our run since December but you can’t be that negative pre match about our chances and then state after the game that you think a draw isn’t a good result, it just comes across as over the top and needless negativity.

Well at least we won’t get relegated this season eh!!

As long as you don't call Goodwillie Rapey? [emoji1787]
Call a rapist "rapey" all you want to[emoji23] no idea what your point is there in all honesty.
Yet we still had other options. But Goodwillie was the answer.
Change of formation/ tactics was clearly the answer, but let's not pretend that we're any better off for that change than we were when it was forced upon the management.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Call a rapist "rapey" all you want toemoji23.png no idea what your point is there in all honesty. Change of formation/ tactics was clearly the answer, but let's not pretend that we're any better off for that change than we were when it was forced upon the management.

That forced change shouldn’t have been the problem had we not signed injury prone players. Facts don’t care about your feelings

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

That forced change shouldn’t have been the problem had we not signed injury prone players. Facts don’t care about your feelings

You are fucking barking, but I suspect you already know this so carry on.