Arbroath v Rovers

3 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

The “Premier league, you’re having a laugh” chant is probably the worst I’ve ever heard considering we’re a part time team sitting 2nd in the championship full of full time teams

Arbroath are part time? Why have none of their fans mentioned this before? 🤨

I have zero issue with the "premier league, you're having a laugh" stuff or gesturing etc at segregation. It's all just fitba banter and we'd be doing exactly the same if the positions were reversed. Chuking bins about and attacking or abusing stewards is a different matter altogether though.

As for the subs - I'm not his biggest fan but Donnelly played very well when he came on and created a goal. Hilson showed uncharacteristic composure for his goal and could have won it at the death. I love Linn but that wasn't a game for him yesterday, certainly not the final few minutes anyway. IMO, as we were persisting with the route one stuff, we should have brought on Ford instead of Linn and put him up front with Hamilton.

I stand by what I said yesterday - if Gaston had played then I'm convinced we would have won that (even at "only" 99% fitness as Dick said pre match). There are very good reasons why fans of his previous clubs don't rate Antell. He did well v Ayr but had one save to make and was under very little pressure.

Edited by Tattie36

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

To make it even more bizarre, I'm sure 'SPL' was used on at least one occaision. A league which hasn't existed for a decade.

You can see just how in the head of Raith Rovers we are by the scenes during the match yesterday. I've not seen an away teams fans celebrate a goal like that at Gayfield for years - and as for the absolute fannies chucking bins and stewards about, just embarrassing on so many levels. A middle aged woman in their own support then appears to start telling them off, they scuttle away, and 5 minutes later they've conceded two quick goals and are being roundly mocked by AFC fans and players a like. Funny. :)

Some of the Rovers support were like deranged lunatics.

Pretty sure every support has a section of deranged lunatics. Pre-pandemic, you had a section of Arbroath fans who couldn't contain themselves from frothing at the mouth when they were put in the main stand of Stark's Park because they couldn't take the stick after we got an equaliser in a game. 

I wasn’t there yesterday, but suggesting that Arbroath are “in Raith Rovers heads” because the guys that were there celebrated a goal too hard is a really strange thing to say. 

Speaking of strange things to say: “seggy fence”. Fucking stop that, ffs. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

55 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I stand by what I said yesterday - if Gaston had played then I'm convinced we would have won that (even at "only" 99% fitness as Dick said pre match). There are very good reasons why fans of his previous clubs don't rate Antell. He did well v Ayr but had one save to make and was under very little pressure.

I thought that was quite a weird comment from Campbell. If a goalkeeper can move unimpaired and isn't in pain, he is fit enough to play. 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You need 12 bookings for a ban after it's past halfway in the season.

Thought that was changed this year. Never needed to check with Davo off to Brechin.

Edited by TxRover

5 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Big hand in the equaliser.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Set up the equaliser 

He made one cross,his only real contribution in the near 30 minutes he was on and lets be fair anyone could have made, it was baffling to me that with Bobby Linn among the subs, LD was brought on to play on the left, he offers next to nothing most games, not good enough for this league, at best a serviceable league 1 player and lucky to get a new contract

2 minutes ago, Fide said:

They absolutely do. But that doesn’t fit the humble narrative. 

Aye so they’re a hybrid squad. Not fully part time. 

Aye so they’re a hybrid squad. Not fully part time. 

Surely ever part time team in the country has at least one or two guys on loan that will still train full time? I’d have to check the L2 teams as I’ve no clue what loan players they have but when we were part time and had guys on loan that would train with us and with their parent club I don’t think I’d have called us a hybrid squad.

FWIW I still think the whole part time and full time gap is overplayed especially when you have fundamentally good players at this level like O’Brien, McKenna and Low.

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I have zero issue with the "premier league, you're having a laugh" stuff or gesturing etc at segregation. It's all just fitba banter and we'd be doing exactly the same if the positions were reversed. Chuking bins about and attacking or abusing stewards is a different matter altogether though.

As for the subs - I'm not his biggest fan but Donnelly played very well when he came on and created a goal. Hilson showed uncharacteristic composure for his goal and could have won it at the death. I love Linn but that wasn't a game for him yesterday, certainly not the final few minutes anyway. IMO, as we were persisting with the route one stuff, we should have brought on Ford instead of Linn and put him up front with Hamilton.

4 hours ago, keptie said:

Some of the Rovers support were like deranged lunatics.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Pretty sure every support has a section of deranged lunatics. Pre-pandemic, you had a section of Arbroath fans who couldn't contain themselves from frothing at the mouth when they were put in the main stand of Stark's Park because they couldn't take the stick after we got an equaliser in a game. 

I know football is a passionate game but what happened on both sides of the segregation was in the main, pathetic and embarrassing

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely ever part time team in the country has at least one or two guys on loan that will still train full time? I’d have to check the L2 teams as I’ve no clue what loan players they have but when we were part time and had guys on loan that would train with us and with their parent club I don’t think I’d have called us a hybrid squad.

FWIW I still think the whole part time and full time gap is overplayed especially when you have fundamentally good players at this level like O’Brien, McKenna and Low.

Well yes. I think that’s why folk are getting fucked off with the part time Arbroath gimmick. They have full time players playing for them.

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Well yes. I think that’s why folk are getting fucked off with the part time Arbroath gimmick. They have full time players playing for them.

Pretty much most of their key players are full time. 

Pretty much most of their key players are full time. 

You are a very persistent troll. That is nonsense. Our strength is our back 5 - all part time. Our most influential midfielder is Nicky Low - part time, and the top scorer in the Championship is Mikey McKenna - part time.