Purchasing away tickets

That isn’t an uncommon setup. It’s the way they do it in the top flight down south as well. Most will have a loyalty system for away games because they regularly sell out quickly.

I even remember yonks ago buying tickets direct from Ayr for cup games away at Hibs and St Mirren.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

What made it worse, in addition to no tickets being sold at the stadium on the day, is our reception closing stupidly early. For the 3pm Saturday game at Easter Road the latest you could buy a ticket was 1pm on the Friday. 

Difficult justifying someone working 2/3 extra hours per day on the chance that people might come to pick up a ticket midweek. They do open until 8 on Thursdays which I commend them for given the ridiculous situation is driven from Hibs & Hearts.

If @Dundee Hibernian is correct and Dundee United supporters can buy away tickets from Hibs, this shows that it can be done sensibly and clubs like Livingston and Kilmarnock are being dicked about.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Hearts and Hibs were always terrible for this when I lived on Edinburgh - always directing me to traipse all the way through to Kilmarnock to buy one.

We always used to have a portacabin to sell on the day just next to the south stand.

I wonder if thats been canned for cost cutting reasons?

I usually walk right past it on way to my seat, so will have a look at the next (non Cat A) match.........which I assume will be the DABs match in a couple weeks?

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Difficult justifying someone working 2/3 extra hours per day on the chance that people might come to pick up a ticket midweek. They do open until 8 on Thursdays which I commend them for given the ridiculous situation is driven from Hibs & Hearts.

If @Dundee Hibernian is correct and Dundee United supporters can buy away tickets from Hibs, this shows that it can be done sensibly and clubs like Livingston and Kilmarnock are being dicked about.

A link on United's site takes a buyer directly to the Hibs eticketing page for away fans. 

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

We always used to have a portacabin to sell on the day just next to the south stand.

I wonder if thats been canned for cost cutting reasons?

I usually walk right past it on way to my seat, so will have a look at the next (non Cat A) match.........which I assume will be the DABs match in a couple weeks?

I used to fume at having to use the portacabin, in a queue there before joining another one for the gates. Meant you missed out on a drink. It's not used now, as far as I know.

I feel this thread has gone in a different direction than I intended........

My last words: I'm frustrated and puzzled that home sides don't trust themselves to organise tickets for their own grounds when playing against Celtic and Rangers.

6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm frustrated and puzzled that home sides don't trust themselves to organise tickets for their own grounds when playing against Celtic and Rangers.

I think you are missing the point on who is not trusted.

You only need to see what used to happen at Tynecastle where Celtic fans forged tickets and sell them to their own fans.

Basically clubs said "enough" - you take responsibility and you decide who gets tickets. In theory (but not practice) this means that any arseholes who break the law are easily identified.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I think you are missing the point on who is not trusted.

You only need to see what used to happen at Tynecastle where Celtic fans forged tickets and sell them to their own fans.

Basically clubs said "enough" - you take responsibility and you decide who gets tickets. In theory (but not practice) this means that any arseholes who break the law are easily identified.

Maybe, but paper tickets are less used these days, as I said earlier in the thread, the only one I can recall getting this season was for the Dundee derby at Dens.

Back in the dark days when Hearts were circling the financial abyss Hibs decided to sell Easter Road derby tickets directly to Hearts fans as opposed to the usual channels

Presumably this was because letting Hearts sit on a chunk of Hibs gate receipts for a while was, not entirely wrongly, seen as risky given Hearts credit rating at the time.

Of course Hearts then made Hibs fans apply by post as well which presumably briefly eased the faltering cashflow by by getting that money in earlier than normal.

Ultimately the real losers were the Hearts and Hibs fans who had to pay an extra fiver per order to cover special delivery and the real winners were the Royal Mail

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Maybe, but paper tickets are less used these days, as I said earlier in the thread, the only one I can recall getting this season was for the Dundee derby at Dens.

I had a paper ticket for the United away game earlier this season.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Really? Didnt know that, I only go away occasionally and if we get to Hampden.

Certainly its still paper tickets for Hampden.

On 23/03/2022 at 22:50, lubo_blaha said:

The main advantage of this system is that it means staff of the home club don’t have to interact with Rangers and Celtic fans.

You’re forgetting the morons who phone up for tickets in the home end