Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Oh no! Simon Ferry and Barry Ferguson don't think the Rovers are a big club! Oh my! I don't know how I'll cope with this crushing news! 

Hide contents

589871.jpg.5ab4029e4b7df84f30b29379f21d6ce1.jpg

If Rovers win the challenge Cup that'll really show them! 

2 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Oh no! Simon Ferry and Barry Ferguson don't think the Rovers are a big club! Oh my! I don't know how I'll cope with this crushing news! 

Reveal hidden contents

589871.jpg.5ab4029e4b7df84f30b29379f21d6ce1.jpg

In fairness, nobody thinks you’re a big team.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:
If Rovers win the challenge Cup that'll really show them! 

I suppose we could just fight relegation all season if it doesn't...

We’d be a bigger team in the Lowland League than Rovers would be in the Premiership.

That doesn’t mean you can’t excitedly wave that glorified bowling trophy on an open-top bus down the prom.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

In fairness, nobody thinks you’re a big team.

We’d be a bigger team in the Lowland League than Rovers would be in the Premiership.

That doesn’t mean you can’t excitedly wave that glorified bowling trophy on an open-top bus down the prom.

We couldn't get police clearance for a bus down the prom because they're getting ready for the Links Market. 

If we win their recognition will probably just be in the form of a civic reception at the Town Hall followed by automatic induction into our hall of fame. 

22 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A year to the day since the 5-1 scudding. 

There was a Rovers’ fan on here that said drawing at EEP left him in tears of joy and was his best moment as a fan, so it’s unsurprising you have that one marked in the calendar.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

There was a Rovers’ fan on here that said drawing at EEP left him in tears of joy and was his best moment as a fan, so it’s unsurprising you have that one marked in the calendar.
They did? Name and shame them please.

Personally I'm pretty mortified we've failed to beat a team who have spent most of the season rooted in at the foot of the table.

37 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

They did? Name and shame them please.

Personally I'm pretty mortified we've failed to beat a team who have spent most of the season rooted in at the foot of the table.

As you should; even a pub team like Morton beat us 5-0 ffs.

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

^^^ shite at bools type post.

I’ll have you know I can easily make three figures when I put the bumpers up.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:
I’ll have you know I can easily make three figures when I put the bumpers up.

But can you get close to a jack? That's the real question.

Think I have to be 60+ to understand that question.

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That was Andy Halliday and Simon Ferry talking about Kevin Thomson, no?

Christ is that Andy Halliday? I thought it was Barry Ferguson. 

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think I have to be 60+ to understand that question.

Wondering what version of lawn bowls has bumpers. 

Would've been a decade ago surely? Presuming that it's the 2-2 draw in the title season. 
I'd have thought he was referring to the 1-1 game earlier this season. No chance of any quotes from that 2-2 game. I think the forum posts before 2014 are generally unavailable.

Reading back, I can see why it might refer to the 2-2 game.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd have thought he was referring to the 1-1 game earlier this season. No chance of any quotes from that 2-2 game. I think the forum posts before 2014 are generally unavailable.

Reading back, I can see why it might refer to the 2-2 game.

Ach that 2-2 game was a real “felt like a win” draw. Worth bearing in mind that back then we would have probably had the lowest budget in the league, Dunfermline probably had the highest and were still splashing the cash, signing players on directors credit cards etc.

Edited by Enigma

54 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Ach that 2-2 game was a real “felt like a win” draw. Worth bearing in mind that back then we would have probably had the lowest budget in the league, Dunfermline probably had the highest and were still splashing the cash, signing players on directors credit cards etc.

If I mind right it kept us top of the league too, no shame celebrating that.

Oh the days when we were title rivals, not mid table mediocrity and league cannon fodder.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

That was it.

Raith that season also “decided” to not win the league because it would have “cost too much” and one of the wee team fans cried to the papers that his PTSD was set off by seeing Sammy The Tammy in a cardboard box.