Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

Harsh though it seems to change a side that just won a trophy, Benedictus back in for Dick or Mackie, please. I'm assuming Berra is not yet fully fit, or else I'd have him back in. 

The defending yesterday was bad. We didn't play badly on the whole in the first half/early second, but we rode our luck in defence and were a bit fortunate we conceded only once before HT. Once the second went in, there was only one winner. It has been a long time since we've taken the lead and not looked like throwing it away!

Might also need Zanatta in for Ross as it looked like he went off with a thigh strain. 

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Much better. Now, let's ignore that table...

Better to go by the Form Book.

However, “the Form Book goes out the window in these games” - every derby game commentator in history

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Harsh though it seems to change a side that just won a trophy, Benedictus back in for Dick or Mackie, please. I'm assuming Berra is not yet fully fit, or else I'd have him back in. 

The defending yesterday was bad. We didn't play badly on the whole in the first half/early second, but we rode our luck in defence and were a bit fortunate we conceded only once before HT. Once the second went in, there was only one winner. It has been a long time since we've taken the lead and not looked like throwing it away!

Might also need Zanatta in for Ross as it looked like he went off with a thigh strain. 

Think Ross said in his post match interview it was a bit of cramp so he should be fine, hopefully. I’d still bring Zanatta in for Varian, we were much better after the change of shape yesterday.

Agree that Bene should definitely come in to replace either Dick or Mackie. The fact Berra wasn’t fit enough to play the last 5 minutes instead of McKay makes me think he won’t be available but he was perhaps being saved for Wednesday. If Berra is fit then McGlynn has a tough decision on whether to go with Berra and Bene or Berra and Musonda, I wouldn’t even rule out Berra and Bene at centre back with Musonda at left back as a possibility.

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The only time you're allowed to mention the diddy Cup is when you beat Sevco in the final, which was another amazing cherry on top of the Banter Years. 

Aye, that and the Partick v QoTS final are ones that stick in the mind. 

Just now, stevoraith said:

It’d almost be worth Dunfermline winning the bloody thing next season just to see the u-turn from the usual suspects.

Hopefully we claim another outbreak and just simply not bother playing. 

46 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

It’d almost be worth Dunfermline winning the bloody thing next season just to see the u-turn from the usual suspects.

Of course Raith don't do "u-turns" do they? 

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, that and the Partick v QoTS final are ones that stick in the mind. 

Queens beating Rangers in the quarter final at Ibrox after they had the game postponed because they had 3 players on international duty is a favourite of mine.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Yeah Berra took no part in the warm up at all and looked about as likely to come on yesterday as Vaughan. I bet much doubt he'll be available on Wednesday. Benedictus has to come in. He won't solve all our problems but having two actual centre backs in the team will be a step in the right direction. Dick might miss out anyway after going off with the head knock. 

Yesterday was very similar to the Arbroath game in that we looked pretty comfortable in the main during open play but absolutely horrible any time the opposition got a set piece situation. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Queens beating Rangers in the quarter final at Ibrox after they had the game postponed because they had 3 players on international duty is a favourite of mine.

Did you beat them twice at ibrox during their "journey"? I thought you knocked them out the league cup but I might be mixing that up with the challenge Cup. 

Ach, fair doos on winning a trophy yesterday. I don't give 2 fucks about that competition but would obviously have went if we'd got to the final. I know a few Raith fans who were nowhere near any of the preceding games but went yesterday. Nothing wrong with that.

Still signed a rapist tho. Never forget.......

Guest Flash
30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Did you beat them twice at ibrox during their "journey"? I thought you knocked them out the league cup but I might be mixing that up with the challenge Cup. 

Just beat them in the challenge cup at Ibrox. Beat them twice in the league at Palmerston.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The only time you're allowed to mention the diddy Cup is when you beat Sevco in the final, which was another amazing cherry on top of the Banter Years. 

Alloa and QOS dumping them was fun but letting them get to the final and lose to a team in horrendous form was definitely the best one. Dumping them out the Scottish Cup at Ibrox in 2015 and ruining their title party in Kirkcaldy we’re also noteworthy times of the banter years for us 😂

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Alloa and QOS dumping them was fun but letting them get to the final and lose to a team in horrendous form was definitely the best one. Dumping them out the Scottish Cup at Ibrox in 2015 and ruining their title party in Kirkcaldy we’re also noteworthy times of the banter years for us 😂

Guard of honour for these, please Pars.

The fact Spencer is constantly an unused sub definitely points at him still being a good bit from full fitness. 

Unfortunately doesn't look like we've shifted much tickets for this which is no doubt due to the final at the weekend.