WrestleMania 38

TheGoon

You can tell by that entire match that it was the crowning moment of Owens entire career to be out there doing that with Austin. He will have been fucking loving every second of it. No wonder!

We can all live another 100 years and we'll never see someone who just constantly draws fan reaction like Austin again. Guys like Punk, Cena, Bryan are all beloved and rightly so but the fact is, he's been gone nearly 20 years and that sustained, loud apeshit pop that follows his appearance has always remained. 

There's a reason Austin is and was the biggest name in wrestling (I appreciate The Rock is a much bigger name overall now, but I'm talking wrestling only) and that's because he only does stuff he's 100% invested in.

I reckon there wasn't a much bigger build to this because Austin wasn't sure just how well he could still go. You could see in little passages of the match he's not moving as well as he used to (no fucking surprise at his age and the bumps he's taken) but he still managed to give it his all and had a perfect partner in Kevin Owens.

Still disappointed we didn't get a massive build for this, but it was quality entertainment nonetheless!

Aye think ut was definitely a case of Austin wanting to underpromise and overdeliver. If they’d announced it as an actual match you’d have people speculating about it much more and more pressure stuck on Stone Cold.

Wonder if it gave him confidence though and he fancies going again