Grassing

OMG -  If folk grassed, I'd me done.. Thank sisters.

I still got YTC - Who is the poster that said punishment is not jail? 

I take it that most of you midle class wanks (never kn the world)

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was a witness in an assault and attempted robbery with a knife case, female friend was the victim and I got a few scratches, a while back, and there was a split jury probably because I was so nervous in court that I let the defence lawyer lead me into basically talking nonsense. For the retrial a couple of cops took me down the pub for a quick half of Guinness, no mention of the case, just football chat and the like, just before I was due to go in. I was totally relaxed, knew what to expect and I ripped the defence lawyer to shreds, the same one, who didn't change his script. Jury took minutes to send him down.

Am sure this is all completely true - including the throw away reference in street lingo in flagging up but at the same time underplaying your own (minor) injuries - but reads straight out of Fesshole/DHOTYA. Particularly that last sentence 😂

Edited by KingRocketman II
spelling

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I take it that most of you midle class wanks (never kn the world)

I grew up on the mean streets of Whitecrook. My dad was an actual communist. None of that middle class shite here, thanks*. The only reason I grassed on the p***k I mentioned is because he was acting the hardman and I thought it only fair to let him prove himself. He shat it when confronted by the innocent victim of his actions. All in all, it was a tremendous nights entertainment.

*I'm now very much the poster boy of middle class living.

19 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I grew up on the mean streets of Whitecrook. My dad was an actual communist. None of that middle class shite here, thanks*. The only reason I grassed on the p***k I mentioned is because he was acting the hardman and I thought it only fair to let him prove himself. He shat it when confronted by the innocent victim of his actions. All in all, it was a tremendous nights entertainment.

*I'm now very much the poster boy of middle class living.

STOP IT ARE YOU SEXY?

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Am sure this is all completely true - including the throw away reference in street lingo in flagging up but at the same time underplaying your own (minor) injuries - but reads straight out of Fesshole/DHOTYA. Particularly that last sentence 😂

Forgot to mention that everyone cheered when I left the court. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Those cyclists that wear cameras on their helmet to catch out drivers deserve reported to the police for noncery. 

Can't agree with you I'm afraid otherwise we wouldn't be treated to stuff like this.

(Yes the old boy in the Peugeot is the og at falling on your arse after missing the kick)

I remember listening to a BBC podcast series about Paul Massey, Salford organised criminal, and it was frequently mentioned that people in Salford "don't grass, don't speak to the police etc", something that helped Massey and his gang build a lucrative business.  One of the interviewees (it might have been the MP Ian McCartney) said that this wasn't some sort of moral choice or a comment on the conduct of the police - people were just scared that if they did they'd be found out and the likes of Massey would hurt them or even kill them.

Massey was eventually murdered outside his house as part of a feud between organised criminal gangs.  After his murder Massey's gang took retribution which included shooting a young woman and her seven year old son.  But remember, no grassing.

Speaking purely hypothetically based on what you’ve said i just think its more bad statement taking technique and not any kind of sinister attempt to have you admitting to all sorts, hes trying to get information out of you and not gone about it great. You’re supposed to ask questions of people etc etc.
It can also be stressful, its stressful for you too, so sometimes they can be trying to get a statement knowing they’ve got to speak to several witnesses/watch cctv/get someone booked into custody (which takes hours now), prepare interview plans, wait for lawyers… etc etc. not excusing someone being bad at their job if you’re right (and ive no reason to doubt you), but sometimes taking a wee bit of time to explain things wouldn’t go a miss. I think the criminal justice system is absolutely shocking with the way it treats victims and witnesses but thats a whole other thread. The fiscal service really should write to people explaining what happens at court and what to expect, there are usually people in the court who sit down with you on the day but sometimes people can be quite nervous and have worked themselves up before hand. 

I appreciate they need to make sure what the witness is saying and more importantly I suppose, that the witness doesn't keep changing what they are saying. Being repeatedly asked similar questions never bothered me as a result. But he was definitely trying to make me say "I saw him hit her". That's the part I didn't appreciate.

I was asked to grass by a former manager. 

We had a work event at a hotel, Most people retired early, including the manager. one of the guys got steaming and didn't make work the following day. The manager went to the guys room but he wouldn't open the door to him and told him to "f**k off"

The manger said in passing that he thought the guy was steaming before he left and he must have got a lot worse, I jokingly said Aye and didn't add anything else. (I had to put the guy in his room about 3am)

We went back to the office and the guy was suspended. He had a disciplinary hearing where I was surprised to be called as the star witness. 

Was he drunk?

I don't know

But you saw him drinking?

I saw you drinking

But I wasn't drunk

I don't know that

But I wasn't and he was

I don't know that, I am not a doctor. 

Why won't you say he was drunk?

Because I don't know if he was so I don't want what I say to get the guy the sack based on me guessing. 

The guy got away with it down to the fact I didn't corroborate the managers version and because if the guy was at home and phoned in sick, the manager wouldn't have chapped his door to check.