Livingston vs Motherwell - 9th April

33 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Top 6 doesn’t really bother me. I get that it normally constitutes a good season but even if we do somehow now scrape it, the whole of 2022 has been so utterly wretched and unwatchable that my interest is at an all time low. 

But…..if we don’t now make it, especially with it being so tight in the end, whilst to say it would be a disaster is pushing it, it certainly doesn’t feel like anything worth celebrating. 

This is the level of apathy I have reached too. I'm working today, and ordinarily I would have applied for a lieu day or scrambled around for a shift swap to attend this, but as it is I can barely muster the slightest interest.

Top 6 and the possibility of Europe is obviously great from a financial perspective for the club, but the remaining games, no matter which end of the table, don't currently hold much appeal.

Getting in the top half will be classed as a success as a club and the media team will be all over trumpeting it as such, but as fans paying to watch, it's been fucking brutal, as poor an entertainment value as I can remember for a long time. I've had a season ticket for 15+ years and renewed every year without question, but Alexander's got me at the level where I'm struggling to justify to myself the shelling out of a few hundred quid again just to sit miserably at Fir Park for 90mins every other Saturday. 

Anyway, today I'd put my money on us getting a goal up, only to lose a ridiculous late equaliser and having to rely on results going our way elsewhere. 1-1 .

Aye top 6 for me is all about avoiding being dragged into that relegation scrap.
Alexander is going nowhere regardless so that's where I stand.

Let's end our season today with a win.

I don’t get the apathy on here. Yes we have been poor in the league this year. 
But if we were to finish top 6 we can legitimately battle for 4th / 5th which will probably come with a European place. That would be considered a successful season. 

Best moments following Motherwell (apart from 1991) have been away trips to Athens, Nancy, Bucharest etc etc. 

If anyone on here says they don’t care about qualifying for Europe - you are absolutely at it.

No doubt we will f**k it up but until then I can dream….

Just now, welldaft said:

I don’t get the apathy on here.

I think its more of the lack of chnage regardless of what happens. The past few months have shifted most peoples opinions on Alexander but no matter the result today, he will still be in charge.

And I will say it again. If we finish top 6 and even in 4th or 5th then that has to be considered a successful season. 

I get the football has been woeful at times. But we have drawn twice at Ibrox (coming from behind) as an example of things we generally never do. 

Not convinced by Alexander after being a big fan. But win today (or secure top 6) and the season looks a whole lot different. 

Sean Kelly at CM is either the kind of batshit mental Martindale thing that'll work, or a sackable offence
He's made a few cameo appearances at CM and looked decent if unremarkable. Has a wicked left foot to get the ball in the box. Perhaps also with an eye to combat Van Veen's physicality. I'd also argue he's been better at CM than in defence

Big call with Kelly and omeonga. What’s most surprising for me is that McMillan can’t buy a game, he was influential in midfield in our most successful part of our season. Seems like perhaps him and sibbald may have deals already signed elsewhere, martindale has a history of phasing players out towards the end of the season who are moving on.

Just now, Kapowzer said:

Well that was inevitable.

Carroll is awful there … and another year on his deal too.

Repeat of last week from 1-0 down please. 

There is a reason we were playing a RB at LB.  Weakest area of the team by some distance.

At least the team know they need to score now.  Probably make little difference !