Ayr v #CaleyAway

See when you see this kind of level in the second half, it frustrates the life out of you. You’re happy at being level but 26 times losing the first goal…. Scoring 2 goals is difficult enough in this league, be nice to do it first for a change. Scoring 2 and only getting a draw is, as I say, unbelievably frustrating.

We’re basically in the play offs. Which will be the two most pointless games we’ll ever play as we’re not going up.

Dodds is a dickhead.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It’s an interesting tactic by Bullen to set us up deliberately shite so we’re buzzing with a draw but I’d rather we just played like that from the start.

See this is what pisses me off as well. You’re going to get fans thinking “Oh that was a good result considering we were 2 down”.

I’m sorry, but no. We were 2 down because of an absolute shit show of a starting line up.

Wherever Kenton came from, send him back. Waste of a jersey.

On a positive, Bryden was exceptional today.

Has Bullen finally learned his lesson?

I’m not even sure tbh. Some absolutely laughable decisions in the first half - amazingly playing someone who takes the ball in and gets everyone up the park gets the best out of Bryden, Ashford and McInroy as opposed to running around aimlessly in the first half. How often do we need to see it! A word for O’Connor as well, who creates space with a sheer willingness to make something happen.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We’re basically in the play offs. Which will be the two most pointless games we’ll ever play as we’re not going up.

Dodds is a dickhead.

Not sure how anyone could have watched the start of that second half and thought "Yeah, this is fine" but here we are. 

See this is what pisses me off as well. You’re going to get fans thinking “Oh that was a good result considering we were 2 down”.
I’m sorry, but no. We were 2 down because of an absolute shit show of a starting line up.
Wherever Kenton came from, send him back. Waste of a jersey.

It was always going to be a good enough result so long as Dunfermline lost. It means that we have a very clear objective next week. Win, and we have a six point gap with two games left so we’re pretty much safe.

I’m not even convinced we did anything special in the second half. We just introduced a focal point in Tomi which meant that every long punt up the park was either won or dropped for our midfield and we also got Daire and Ashford in behind their full backs. Wasn’t that different to what we were trying to do in the first half but the difference was we actually had the personnel for it.

Annoying thing is that the game was there for the taking and I think on a different day we’d have been lucky with one of our many dubious penalty shouts and got a winner.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It was always going to be a good enough result so long as Dunfermline lost. It means that we have a very clear objective next week. Win, and we have a six point gap with two games left so we’re pretty much safe.

I’m not even convinced we did anything special in the second half. We just introduced a focal point in Tomi which meant that every long punt up the park was either won or dropped for our midfield and we also got Daire and Ashford in behind their full backs. Wasn’t that different to what we were trying to do in the first half but the difference was we actually had the personnel for it.

Annoying thing is that the game was there for the taking and I think on a different day we’d have been lucky with one of our many dubious penalty shouts and got a winner.

Ashford's looked like a foul from the North Terrace, albeit Caley should absolutely have had one when their no. 9 nipped in behind McGinty.

35 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Aye, and young Smith looked like he could be one for the future. Pleased to get a point after a first half of defending nightmare. Onwards, lads

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think this is spot on. 

To my mind it is very clear what makes this side half decent, and it involves simply playing to their strengths. Bullen seems to set us up to limit each player. The most evident being Ashford and Bryden’s performances in each half.