Threads

CALDERON

I get the point they are wanting to make, but the second half of Threads is a bit meh

The Day After I feel handles the aftermath in a more entertaining (maybe not the right word but you know what I mean) fashion - it gets the point across equally well, but something is actually happening on screen to keep your attention.

Such a shame that the IMDb forums were shut down.

Usually I dont post on IMDB with the many trolls perverts and indy film makers but this is getting out of hand. Anne Sellors AKA woman who urinates herself (just a CHARACTOR!!!) is my aunt and I cant bear to see some of the posts from here and 4 chans that school freinds have forwarded me on AIM. please STOP the following ridiculous rumors about auntie anne:

1, anne sellors is STILL ALIVE

2 - the role was to be titled differently or she would have chosen another I AM SURE

2a she does not urinate herself and never has, those pointing to the fact the title is 'urinates' and not 'urinated' need to GROW UP!! stop laying semantics

3/ NO she was not in anything else and esepcially NONE of the others I have seen mentioned eg emaneulle 2000, death race remake, LOTR deleted scene or vo for monkey island, those pictures are PHOTO SHOPS

Needles to say I havent mentioned any of this to her yet. I HOPE I wont have to. Find someone else to talk about please. BTW Thanks guys this has really lowered my opinnion of humanity nice job. The internet needs to be regulated asap

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I get the point they are wanting to make, but the second half of Threads is a bit meh

The Day After I feel handles the aftermath in a more entertaining (maybe not the right word but you know what I mean) fashion - it gets the point across equally well, but something is actually happening on screen to keep your attention.

Absolutely not the right word. Maybe you've forgotten, maybe you never knew, but the Beeb's original remit was to educate, inform and entertain. Threads was obviously produced in line with the first two of these. The idea that there was anything entertaining about the prospect of our extinction would have (and arguably, still should) been treated with incredulity.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

^^^ blasphemy

The Day After is maudlin shite.

^^^ This, in Spades.

On 08/04/2022 at 15:26, renton said:

Would also recommend "Where The Wind Blows" on the watch once and never again stakes.

It's more like a sickeningly slow turn of a knife in the stomach kind of film.

Jings, that was a tough watch :lol:

I must have been around 9 or 10 when Threads was first shown. My dad let me watch it and it scared the bejesus out of me. I couldn't sleep that night, every noise from outside sounded like a Soviet attack.

I watched it again on DVD around 10 years ago and it hasn't lost any of its power.

Where the Wind Blows is also pretty harrowing, particularly as it starts out as a cheerful animation.