Arbroath v Queens

Whats next to moan about on here
We win , and the best we got is moaning about commentators 
Lighten up and enjoy the victory and what we have achieved theres no budget for Martin Tyler

I don't think Arbroath fans are particularly moaning about him, it was me. I'm a QoS fan in case you're on the App...

The thing is that the commentators are volunteers and are fans first and foremost.

If it was me, the amount of utter one-eyed, opinionated drivel I would spout, and cheering at goals etc would probably get me chucked off after one game.

Anyone putting themselves forward as a volunteer should be commended, must be incredibly difficult to try and remain even moderately impartial.

The thing is that the commentators are volunteers and are fans first and foremost.
If it was me, the amount of utter one-eyed, opinionated drivel I would spout, and cheering at goals etc would probably get me chucked off after one game.
Anyone putting themselves forward as a volunteer should be commended, must be incredibly difficult to try and remain even moderately impartial.
Yeah I appreciate that as I said. I certainly couldn't do it for the exact same reasons you've highlighted but for that reason I wouldn't volunteer. And again, it doesn't wash when folk are paying for the service. You really don't need two commentators anyway. The main guy is spot on and our commentator did it by himself and was arguably the best one in the division.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah I appreciate that as I said. I certainly couldn't do it for the exact same reasons you've highlighted but for that reason I wouldn't volunteer. And again, it doesn't wash when folk are paying for the service. You really don't need two commentators anyway. The main guy is spot on and our commentator did it by himself and was arguably the best one in the division.

Agree re two commentators and Fraser is excellent but I think, as they’re volunteers there’s probably a little bit of safety in numbers thinking going on.

It’s not for me but I’m sure some viewers love it the way it is - the classic comedian and straight man double act.

As someone said earlier, I also like it when we have a co-commentator from the opposition as it gives a completely different perspective.

Edited by Tattie36

Fraser is excellent, the other guy probably shouldnt be on it, continuously shouts over him and gets far too excited, think you need to be articulate to a certain level also. It always goes back to the point that they are volunteers and fans at the end of the day. The guest commentators were good, we had the guy from Morton TV, a few ex players and injured players.