French Presidential election thread

ICTChris

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

First President to be re-elected in 20 years last one was Chirac 

The encouraging thing is that far more people probably voted against Le Pen than voted for Macron. If Melenchon wins the PM job in the Autumn it would be quite the thing.

24 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

58/42

Opinion polling overestimated Le Pen’s support, just as I predicted.

I take comfort in the fact that France is heading in the right direction.

I'm guessing that it's her policy to scrap income taxes for the under 30's that drew you to her?

Delighted to see Le Pen and her toxic brand of racist, blame game politics lose.

However this has echoes of Jacques Chirac's win against Le Pen's even more horrible father in the 1990s. As then, France went to the polls to vote against the fascist and backed the boring, establishment figure without any real enthusiasm. 

Though on the bright side the tears and snotters from the UK gammonista (GB News, Talk Radio, Mail/Sun/Express/Torygraph) at le Pen's failure is a delight. 

Delighted to see Le Pen and her toxic brand of racist, blame game politics lose.
However this has echoes of Jacques Chirac's win against Le Pen's even more horrible father in the 1990s. As then, France went to the polls to vote against the fascist and backed the boring, establishment figure without any real enthusiasm. 
Though on the bright side the tears and snotters from the UK gammonista (GB News, Talk Radio, Mail/Sun/Express/Torygraph) at le Pen's failure is a delight. 
Lads you are forgetting the employees of the spectator who will be gutted 
Don't forget the BBC, who love any perceived surge of the far right

6 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Don't forget the BBC, who love any perceived surge of the far right

Good point the beeb were actually saying on Sat the Le pen is more left wing than macron...don't get me wrong macron isn't great but the beeb do make me laugh 

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm lumping on Le Pen, hoping I lose.. :(

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Vive La France, va te faire foutre Ladbrokes.

That'll teach you for foutering about.

I'm shocked that on the Sabbath I learn of a grossière connection between Scots and French.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The level of support for a fascist in a country such as France is a real concern.

It is.  He's a wee fanny but I hate extreme politics so am pleased Macron won.  Shame that, in France as in Scotland, extremism has such a large (though minority) vote.