Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

20 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Positives

First half performance. It was the right team to start with and I thought he were playing well enough whilst being wary of their counter attacks. Could do with being more ruthless in front of goal(I'm looking at you Boyce FFS)

Negatives

Our crowd. 12th Man my fucking hoop. We just show up and expect the noise to come from somewhere?

Grant. Wtf was he thinking doing that on a booking. Stay up and he's probably won the penalty 

The abuse Sibbick got. He's not a centre back and unlucky for the goal, calm doon.

Police Scotland and the stewarding. No wonder Gordon got caught with a coin. If Scottish fans acted like Zurich fans did, we'd be clubbed to death.

Our bench. We still need 3/4 signings if we want to perform in Europe.

Zurich had our number without getting out of third gear. They managed us, almost like they had on strings. 

For all our alleged atmosphere, our stadium can be very useful for away teams that keep singing also. Probably moreso if anything.

What counter attacks.  They barely crossed halfway till Grant's red card.

Agree about the crowd though, great atmosphere pre kick-off then it died on it's arse a bit

27 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Think you're wrong here.  Until the sending off Zurich were all over the place and looked a piss poor outfit.  Poor decision making in the final third is the only thing that kept them in the game.

26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Disagree with this. They at no point had us on strings til the red and then they managed it well. We were all over them first half and not being clinical was the reason it was level at HT, not because their gameplan worked.

Fair enough. I thought they put up a good shape to mask their huddy CB, make good blocks, head everything away and get their shape back. I didn't feel we had that many clear cut chances other when Boyce two chances.

14 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

What counter attacks.  They barely crossed halfway till Grant's red card.

Agree about the crowd though, great atmosphere pre kick-off then it died on it's arse a bit

None until until red tbf. After that, I thought their 22 kept coming at us on d he got the space.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

37 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Think you're wrong here.  Until the sending off Zurich were all over the place and looked a piss poor outfit.  Poor decision making in the final third is the only thing that kept them in the game.

Untrue.  They had a 1 goal lead to defend and done that reasonably well and contained Hearts and kept the crowd quiet.   

Hearts would have looked to have done the same if a goal up in the away tie. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

^^^ Not seen Hibernians 40 under 23 signings. 

We've also pretty much exclusively signed players in the last few windows we'll be looking to sell on. Atkinson, Rowles, Devlin, Baningime, Cochrane.  Not saying they'll all go for money, but some of them definitely will and it's a deliberate change in recruitment.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

We've also pretty much exclusively signed players in the last few windows we'll be looking to sell on. Atkinson, Rowles, Devlin, Baningime, Cochrane.  Not saying they'll all go for money, but some of them definitely will and it's a deliberate change in recruitment.

Totally.  Its very easy to go down the lazy stereotype option instead of gauging the change of direction in the clubs recruitment policy. 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Looking at the teams in Pots 1 & 2, I’m struggling to see where the outside chance of Hearts qualifying from the group is coming from. Still a lot of decent sides in there.

If you get Gent and Bratislava you've got a decent shot.  If you get Villareal and Fiorentina you'll get to see some good teams.

Obviously we want to avoid strong teams from bad venues, so no thanks on Partizan Belgrade and Cluj

50 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Looking at the teams in Pots 1 & 2, I’m struggling to see where the outside chance of Hearts qualifying from the group is coming from. Still a lot of decent sides in there.

Gent, Bratislava, Molde, Limassol.  Would have a chance at beating all them, though under no illusions it'd be difficult. Long shot, but better chance than the Europa would give us of qualifying.

21 minutes ago, Duffy_ said:

As a Hearts fan with a bit of a soft spot for Arsenal that draw for Zurich has rubbed salt in the wounds a bit. 

When Zürich turn up and lose 7-0 to Arsenals under 19 squad, you’ll probably feel slightly grateful.